Info on the Draw so far (Updated)

gregeastwood

Waterboy
Reaction score
- Planned to kick off March 10
- Same 25 rounds
- Origin to stay in the same time slots and dates
- Panthers vs Bulldogs to start off the year (Thursday 8:05 Bluebet Stadium Penrith)
- Most likely Broncos vs Rabbitohs on Friday 8:05 (Most likely at Suncorp Stadium)
- Roosters vs Souths game in the last round of the year at the new Sydney Football Stadium (August 26 Friday 7:55)
- Draw to be released in the last week of October

Last edited:

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I still wanna know most, how will they pick which teams get 2 byes and which don't? Idiots. If they expanded then it should have been 2 more teams or nothing. There isn't a feasible fair way they can let half the teams have the benefit of 2 byes, and the other half 1. 32 rounds and everyone plays each other twice? Or 16 and everyone plays each other once? Dont see them doing either of those. So it will be unfair to half the teams

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Should give all the lowest placed teams from this year 2 byes.
And yes what idiots, would have been far better an extra 2 teams.

chemdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I still wanna know most, how will they pick which teams get 2 byes and which don't? Idiots. If they expanded then it should have been 2 more teams or nothing. There isn't a feasible fair way they can let half the teams have the benefit of 2 byes, and the other half 1. 32 rounds and everyone plays each other twice? Or 16 and everyone plays each other once? Dont see them doing either of those. So it will be unfair to half the teams
wouldn't they still have the byes during the origin period where there'll probs be 5-7 teams having the bye for that particular week?

silva

Utility
Reaction score
More then one team can have a bye on a weekend. I’m sure they’ll figure it out

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I assume everyone will get one bye as they do now, around Origin time.

With 16 teams, There would be 30 rounds if everyone played each other twice with no byes.

When we go to 17 teams, each team will get 2 byes I guess.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
And this time we have a very good chance of winning game one. We will be a powerhouse in 22, and have signed well, to say I can’t wait would be a HUGE understatement.!!! :grinning: :hearteyes:

Waldo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
And this time we have a very good chance of winning game one. We will be a powerhouse in 22, and have signed well, to say I can’t wait would be a HUGE understatement.!!! :grinning: :hearteyes:
Don’t we play Penriff round 1?

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
wouldn't they still have the byes during the origin period where there'll probs be 5-7 teams having the bye for that particular week?
Yes I think that is what they did the last time we had an uneven number of teams. 26 rounds, 1 bye per round means we are 8 byes short of the required 34 byes for 17 teams. Thus the other 8 byes will be allocated in the rounds prior to each origin game.