Votes: 42 48.3%
  • No, there isn’t enough detail

Votes: 25 28.7%

• Total voters

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
humans move cuz, they have never stood still.
Even england didnt come from england.
Aboriginies are also part of this migragtion when they travelled from PNG and india.
Who gives them right over this land?

What did they build that we took?
Languages, cultures, sustainable land management systems.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This proposed legislation is absolutely wrong in a lot of areas.
Firstly, Indigenous people ARE Australians and are therefore included in the Constitution.
The Constitution should not be afforded to minority groups. This leaves the doors open to other groups to seek admission.
The Constitution should not be divided by ones race.
This proposal does not offer anything to the long suffering regional individuals.
This proposal is promoted by the radical inner city elites, who seek to further feather their own nest.
There are 11 Indigenous persons in the parliament as well.
Obviously I will be voting NO.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
One sec fam I'm just using this stolen Aboriginal land management system and my whole backyard appears to be on fire.
Sustained them for at least 65,000 years...can't have been all bad.

It may not mean anything to you, but it certainly meant something to them. Your derision and disrespect adds nothing constructive to the discussion.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
I’ll post what I want when I want. I’ll do what I want when I want. Someone like you will never stop me. I post about Warren you immediately post a link about Warren being a wife basher etc etc etc. I don’t care if we ignore each other or not. You wanted it because you were worried I was going to snap your neck. I find it entertaining laughing at you but it’s your choice
Nothing stopping you and I don't go near your opinions. Cannot respond to every opinionated idiot in this place. U cut and paste from the telecrap about Warren - but then u saw my wifebasher comment. Guess you did read it after all - thought u said u didn't. Hard to converse with someone who reinvents history every 5 seconds.

I'm sorry - are you threatening to snap my neck? Just want to be clear on this. 8-)

lukedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sustained them for at least 65,000 years...can't have been all bad.

It may not mean anything to you, but it certainly meant something to them. Your derision and disrespect adds nothing constructive to the discussion.
5086611-e4289eb029827f62b99c8167d1d0a5bc.png

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Nothing stopping you and I don't go near your opinions. Cannot respond to every opinionated idiot in this place. U cut and paste from the telecrap about Warren - but then u saw my wifebasher comment. Guess you did read it after all - thought u said u didn't. Hard to converse with someone who reinvents history every 5 seconds.

I'm sorry - are you threatening to snap my neck? Just want to be clear on this. 8-)
Just shut up. You wanted me to ignore you which I did. You said you’d ignore me but didn’t. Even an old boomer bong head who spends a a few hours with a couple of aboriginals and thinks he’s Eddie Mabo can figure that out. I don’t make threats but sorry if you’re scared. You sound sensitivedog haha. Better get a wimpy soccer whistle & whistle for the mods hahaha

Last edited:

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No just a game of rugby… :D

@Natboy and Dooges I hope you fellas get my little private joke..I couldn’t help it.. And all in good fun guys..

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
They as in Parliament. Or do I have to repeat that word multiple times in the same sentence?
They do not have to ask the Voice - the Voice makes representation to Parliament. Its pretty clear.
See above.

Even though its a dopey hypothetical (i.e. the Feds dealing with local council streets), I'll bite. The Voice says we don't want you to dig up that street because it has first nations heritage underneath it. Parliament says bad luck, its there anyways and it needs to be repaired. And they repair it. Every bit of that constitutional change is ticked. And if first nations want to legally challenge it (the completely baseless flavour of the month) then its simple, they asked, we listened and we said no. All in line with the constitution.

You got that bit right. Then its a fail. Heard there's going to be a Voice to Sky news though - that should be fun....
You missed the points;

#1 If the Federal Government, State Government or Local Council asks the Voice how long does The Voice have to reply? A day, a week, a month, a year, 10 years? Currently there is a project in Nowra that has been waiting more than 10 years for a response from the local Aboriginal Council. That is far from unique and as the number of asks increases how many more projects will take much longer.

#2 What if the Federal Government, State Government or Local Council doesn't ask the Voice? And then some time after the project has started what happens if The Voice complains that they weren't asked and go to court to stop the project? I can name 10+ State roads projects that are currently stalled due waiting for local responses.

Plainly The Voice (in Canbra) is not all knowing and all seeing and hence is undoubtedly going to delegate the responsibility for providing responses to experts, locals, regional, elders, etc.

Why do you think building anything, everything, takes so long? The complex I am currently in took 13 months to actually build, but 8 years to get the permissions, The Voice is just another layer of bureaucracy when there are already far too many layers of it. An example, the Land & Environment Court in NSW carried out 1,959 conciliations in 2021, that's ~11 per day for every one of the ~180 days that the court sits.

Following is the process flowchart for Aboriginal Land Claims in NSW, there are at least 6 places where consultation with The Voice would have to be made;

1683097124784.png

How much more time is going to be wasted seeking responses?

Always a Bulldog

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Gotta love the government, the fkn vote hasn't even happened yet and it has already caused further division.

Bread and circuses.... carry on fighting between ourselves, focus on the left hand while the right hand fists us.