Votes: 42 48.3%
  • No, there isn’t enough detail

Votes: 25 28.7%

• Total voters

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The cashless welfare card and alcohol bans made a massive difference though mate. Albo said they were racist and lifted them. Now he is caving and backflipping like DCE
Yep I’m with you ..just think an Indigenous person will be listened to and accepted more readily by Indigenous Australians
.. And problems occurring within their community is widespread just not in Alice Springs..incarceration rates is a shocker ..However, I could be wrong...but I genuinely feel this could be just the thing that leads us all in the right direction..

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Everyone comes to their own conclusions for a reason so I respect that..
Lol I'm just taking the piss out of @Natboy for his earlier comment, mate.

But regardless of the problems towns like Alice are plagued by, the question of whether Aboriginals should be recognised in the constitution and be granted more of a political voice is a clear cut yes, for me.

As long as people fight so vehemently do deny them their right to representation and recognition, it is only going to perpetuate the deep seeded self esteem and identity issues that are plaguing young Indigenous communities.

Will knowing they have a voice make these problems just disappear? Of course not. But you can't just ban grog and expect these problems to go away....doing it might quieten things down for a while, but they are bound to boil over at some point. The best way to create a better future for these kids (or their children, or children's children) is to show them they can be respected and valued members of the community. If they believe that then more direct targeting of alcohol issues may actually help fix some of the problems rather than just sweeping them under the carpet.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
And giving someone a "voice" simply because of their race isn't racist :tonguewink:

Always a Bulldog
Giving respected Aboriginal elders a say in issues which are directly affecting their communities is not in any way racist..... but founding a nation without any legal acknowledgment of its native people certainly was.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I voted no because there is little in it for the regional indigenous people.
This debate is constructed by inner city elites who will make something out of it for their benefit.
You’ve hit the nail on the head mate

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Albo is being blamed for what is happening in Alice Springs.

View attachment 64262
Alice Springs has been a smelting pot of shit for decades.

Morrison government stripped billions in funding from mental health programmes
Last year the drinking bans that dated back to the Howard intervention were lifted and communities were able to opt back in. Communities have been given more abikity to control thier own community. Most dont have the proper education or understanding to even do these things.

the government did not give clear instructions to communities on how to do this so most communities that were dry are now able to get alcohol.

Did it work? The onws that have money drink the spirits . The ones that dont steal hand sanitizer and drink that instead.

Come to darwin. See the safe happy aboriginals fighting on the buses or at bus stations gathering at Casuarina ahopping center looking for easy prey or in the doorway to shopping centers. Humbugging shoppers for hours.

camping in Parap cause the communities services feed them there.

Most of them have housing but prefer to humbug and then go back to the houses when theres no hand outs left

Just a few examples of life in darwin. It is far worse in Alice.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its the Blacks land, the whities can all fuck off back to Europe

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Momentum is building for a campaign that would call on Australian property owners to pay a percentage of their income to traditional land owners out of respect for their ancestral land claims.
The scheme, Pay the Rent, would work as a voluntary weekly payment to a body led by Aboriginal elders and managed without interference from the government.

The program has been operating quietly in Victoria, with veteran Aboriginal rights activist from Melbourne Robbie Thorpe – who organised a similar scheme in Fitzroy in the 1990s – suggesting non Indigenous Australians give up one per cent of their weekly wage.

https://www.news.com.au/finance/rea...e/news-story/c1261e085f6409d0cbc60b2327cc9c10

Last edited:

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Momentum is building for a campaign that would call on Australian property owners to pay a percentage of their income to traditional land owners out of respect for their ancestral land claims.
The scheme, Pay the Rent, would work as a voluntary weekly payment to a body led by Aboriginal elders and managed without interference from the government.

The program has been operating quietly in Victoria, with veteran Aboriginal rights activist from Melbourne Robbie Thorpe – who organised a similar scheme in Fitzroy in the 1990s – suggesting non Indigenous Australians give up one per cent of their weekly wage.

[/URL]
Are these ***** on drugs?

Fuck that shit I would sell my house before I did that shit.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The people who are voting yes should also pay rent to the original owners of the land lol. Like I said whit people having white guilt, do your thing. Us immigrants love australia and have not an ounce of guilt of anything.

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The people who are voting yes should also pay rent to the original owners of the land lol. Like I said whit people having white guilt, do your thing. Us immigrants love australia and have not an ounce of guilt of anything.
I like that idea...

Half the Mid East should pay rent to us Assyrians who took our land. Don't worry bro, I'll only take half the rent from you Phoenicians lol