News In 10 years I'll be on a farm kicking back': Mitchell plans to retire by 30

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could he have exposed the roosters setup.
We'll pay you under value to fool the cap auditors but you'll have an investment property or two on us.
100% exposed.... If he was smart, he would shut his mouth, and when he reached 30 the Roosters could have come up with any story to retire him early.... But obviously the Roosters are at a different level than other teams, and they can come out and say what they like, and no bats an eye lid! I hate those cheats.....

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The only farm he will be at is a Prison Farm

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
In 10 years loltrell will remember the night he had a shocker and gifted the Raiders a grand final win

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He aint worth anywhere near a mill i think he only carves up weak teams

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His comments actually work in favour of us signing him. If he wants to retire early and get as many investment properties as possible he will go wherever the dollars are greatest. If we offer him 200K a season more than the Roosters this suggests he would leave the Roosters. If he wants to retire early in 8 years as he says then surely he would want to maximise his earnings in a short period of time as much as possible and play well enough to be selected for rep teams in future and earn the extra dollars outside the cap for State of Origin etc (extra 90K). His comments also suggests he's not chasing a 10 year contract either. There were some reports earlier this year we had offered him a 10 year contract and other reports we'd offered him 5 years. From what I read here most Dogs fans weren't keen on a 10 year contract but were happy with 5. Would be good if we could sign him for 5 as that would help rule out complacency also as he would be looking to sign a second BIG contract in future. He says he enjoys playing footy. I don't think he'd enjoy playing reserve grade though.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Kicking back on a farm? Only farm i can think of where you "kick back" is the funny farm. Sounds right.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
His comments actually work in favour of us signing him. If he wants to retire early and get as many investment properties as possible he will go wherever the dollars are greatest. If we offer him 200K a season more than the Roosters this suggests he would leave the Roosters. If he wants to retire early in 8 years as he says then surely he would want to maximise his earnings in a short period of time as much as possible and play well enough to be selected for rep teams in future and earn the extra dollars outside the cap for State of Origin etc (extra 90K). His comments also suggests he's not chasing a 10 year contract either. There were some reports earlier this year we had offered him a 10 year contract and other reports we'd offered him 5 years. From what I read here most Dogs fans weren't keen on a 10 year contract but were happy with 5. Would be good if we could sign him for 5 as that would help rule out complacency also as he would be looking to sign a second BIG contract in future. He says he enjoys playing footy. I don't think he'd enjoy playing reserve grade though.
He is too fragile to become a saviour at our club and the expectation to have a major influence every single game is beyond him. Better for him to cruise through his career at Rorters with a Top 2 team just like Cronk.

He gets the investment houses anyway from Nick. If not now, then when he retires and becomes Food and Beverage Manager at Nick's leagues club.

Rorters have all loose ends tied up.

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Anyone saying he’s not worth it didn’t watch the gf. His defence was next level. Shutting down every play to his side single handedly. Then surprise surprise who sets up the match winner(other than Cummins), Latrell. Even Keary said after the game “I saw bj struggling and just had to get the ball to Latrell”. He wins games.

Easily up there with the best defensive centers and by far the most creative attacking center in the game right now.

I do agree it will be hard for him to find motivation after such success early in his career. A few losses should sort that out fast though. He doesn’t like losing. More likely to get lazy at the roosters where he doesn’t need to do many special plays.

He has to be target number 1! Although I can’t see him leaving the politis mafia.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not convinced the Roosters will re-sign him. Reckon they'll look after Manu instead - still will float Latrell an offer but they won't break the bank for him.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone saying he’s not worth it didn’t watch the gf. His defence was next level. Shutting down every play to his side single handedly. Then surprise surprise who sets up the match winner(other than Cummins), Latrell. Even Keary said after the game “I saw bj struggling and just had to get the ball to Latrell”. He wins games.

Easily up there with the best defensive centers and by far the most creative attacking center in the game right now.

I do agree it will be hard for him to find motivation after such success early in his career. A few losses should sort that out fast though. He doesn’t like losing. More likely to get lazy at the roosters where he doesn’t need to do many special plays.

He has to be target number 1! Although I can’t see him leaving the politis mafia.
Yes I can't understand the people bagging him all the time. Is there ANY player who plays 100% to their ability and wins games each and every week ?. If he made the difference in us scoring 1-2 tries on average a game and did his job in defence then he'd be worth a MIL a season to us. He could make the difference in us winning a few more close games and be the difference in us making the top 8 or even maybe top 4. He's also a goalkicker, and has a decent boot for field position on the 5th tackle. The only goalkicker we have at the moment is Meaney and for long kicks Lewis. Neither of them is guaranteed a start in first grade if we manage to snare Radradra for 2021 and we decide to go with Cogger over Lewis in future. Cogger can only kick short. Mitchell would also give the rest of our team some extra confidence and give opposition teams something to worry about.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
There's a big difference in shining in a superstar team where best in their position feed you opportunities.

My point is he won't have that with us and doesn't seem the most motivated or mentally strong to handle adversity.

Manu on the other hand seems more the Bulldog type.

Mitchell the best centre in the comp no doubt but the challenges thrown at him playing for us may not gel with him.

Def love to have him but have reservations whether he would put in enough every week to ice the game for us....especially enough to satisfy TK lol

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There's a big difference in shining in a superstar team where best in their position feed you opportunities.

My point is he won't have that with us and doesn't seem the most motivated or mentally strong to handle adversity.

Mitchell the best centre in the comp no doubt but the challenges thrown at him playing for us may not gel with him.

Def love to have him but have reservations whether he would put in enough every week to ice the game for us....especially enough to satisfy TK lol
Latrell is the one in the roosters team creating the opportunities for other players to look good. Nobody gifts him easy tries. It’s the other way around. That pass to tupou last night was close to unstoppable. Tupou is one of the most bog average wingers in the game but looks great thanks to Mitchell. Imagine having Latrell inside semi in 2021. Would be ridiculous.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

A team of future immortals wouldn’t satisfy TK haha