IMAGINE !!!

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I take solace in the fact that I have seen the dogs win 5 premierships from the age of 6 until the age of 26.

I have witnessed some of the greatest come backs and come from behind wins from the dogs and there were many of them.

I have taken my place in the crowds among some of the craziest dogs supporters and ended up in different rows hugging people I never even knew after some great wins.

I have witnessed some of the greatest, meanest & ruthless forward packs from the 80's, 90's and early to mid 00's.

On 10 occasions I've enjoyed the build up of GF week because the dogs were playing in the GF.

Only a Broncos supporter may boast more.

Take your time to rebuild doggies, no rush, we'll be back!

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
We would actually need a hooker centres and fullback for that to happen haha

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I take solace in the fact that I have seen the dogs win 5 premierships from the age of 6 until the age of 26.

I have witnessed some of the greatest come backs and come from behind wins from the dogs and there were many of them.

I have taken my place in the crowds among some of the craziest dogs supporters and ended up in different rows hugging people I never even knew after some great wins.

I have witnessed some of the greatest, meanest & ruthless forward packs from the 80's, 90's and early to mid 00's.

On 10 occasions I've enjoyed the build up of GF week because the dogs were playing in the GF.

Well I only remember one so wtf am I meant to do :sob:

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

I'm with you mate. Some great memories and nothing will ever change the support I have for this club. My worry really is how much of the younger generation we've turned away because of how poor we've been over the past 5 seasons. So many little nephews of mine have been turned away and now have an affinity for any one of the Sydney A League clubs or even another NRL team altogether. My own son is only 4 but I cringe at torturing the poor kid with watching our games. Not to mention the NRL has frankly turned into a much inferior product vs 10-20 years ago (so many rules with grey areas + refs now having even more control with less accountability).

So yeah, hopefully they don't take too long to get their sh*t together ;)

nedloh50

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Imagine...
Our forwards averaging between 150 - 200 running meters
Our hooker speeding the play the ball
Our centres defend immaculately
Our fullback catches the ball and runs like the wind
We would beat Melbourne... Am I HALLUCINATING ? :o:worried::|
Imagine so called kennel dogs supporters being positive towards their team.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Imagine so called kennel dogs supporters being positive towards their team.
05holden that a brocky reference? LEGEND of a man .

well i'm positive we will improve and start winning a few games from as early next week BUT i'm also positive we are going to lose tomorrow night by at least 20 points :laughing:

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm with you mate. Some great memories and nothing will ever change the support I have for this club. My worry really is how much of the younger generation we've turned away because of how poor we've been over the past 5 seasons. So many little nephews of mine have been turned away and now have an affinity for any one of the Sydney A League clubs or even another NRL team altogether. My own son is only 4 but I cringe at torturing the poor kid with watching our games. Not to mention the NRL has frankly turned into a much inferior product vs 10-20 years ago (so many rules with grey areas + refs now having even more control with less accountability).

I hear you mate. I feel for my 8 year old son, he's growing up thinking that we've always been cellar dwellers.
Every time I tell him the dogs are playing soon and to put it on Fox sports, he always replies back with "what for dad?, we're gonna get smashed anyway"...it is a bit upsetting because when I was his age we had just finished winning our back to back titles in the 80's.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With the game how it is at the moment, we're going to see less upsets than we used to.

I still talk myself into thinking we can win lol, but it's not happening. We are so outclassed across the park it's not even close.

If you were picking a combined team from the two squads, Cotic would get a wing spot and MAYBE Thompson would get a spot. Not one other player would get a sniff imo. That's how far the gap is.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

I am fortunate too, I was privileged to go through the same experience...
You gave me Goosebumps reading your post !!!
We are better than the Donkeys, remember we are just few suburbs they are a huge city !!!
Trust faith and hard work will make it happen again !!!

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

I hear you mate. I feel for my 8 year old son, he's growing up thinking that we've always been cellar dwellers.
Every time I tell him the dogs are playing soon and to put it on Fox sports, he always replies back with "what for dad?, we're gonna get smashed anyway"...it is a bit upsetting because when I was his age we had just finished winning our back to back titles in the 80's.
Would it make you feel any better if I tell you that the hierarchy of the NRL had admitted to our hierarchy that the game will be good if Canterbury is good ? :grinning: