Images/Photos

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does 2GB still call you for segments?
No. I had an arrangment with Susie Elelman, but when she left the station that all fell through.

I get requests from ABC, but not as many as in the past. Recent interviews have been with ABC Wagga, and Melbourne. It's usually when they have an opening in their program, or a guest pulls out at the last minute, that they want to talk about trains. Although I did once do an interview about the Large Hadron Collider because I've visited half a dozen times.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let us know in advance if you’re on again Chris
Yeah, I should; but I'm not talking about the Bulldogs; and they often call me at the last minute. I'll put up a post if you're interested in trains; but I reckon it could be months before they call me again.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
The History Channel played the documentary, The Train, on the day of the anniversary. I watched it again. I know a few of the people involved in the rescue, that appear in the doco, and they are still emotionally damaged. I have the Day of the Roses mini series on DVD, but it's a good few years since I watched it. I should make the time some day.
I'm one of the passengers, in silhouette, when the bridge collapses on the train.
We filmed it mainly on the freight line between Dulwich Hill and Leichhardt (before the light rail). The Catherine Street Bridge was used as the Bold Street bridge as they are similar in design, but the actual rescue scenes were filmed in the car park of a Brisbane shopping centre, near where the airport line branches off at Eagle Junction.

Because the overhead was turned off on the freight line- for a bridge replacement at Lewisham, there was no power for the 46 Class, so we propelled the train with a diesel at the rear. If you're really observant, you can see the pantographs are tied down on the electric loco in a few scenes.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
GOOD LORD...
When did we all become train buffs?
My hobby. If you know the history of the railways, you understand the forgotten history of the country - and realise that ICAC was necessary even back in the 1800s.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I should; but I'm not talking about the Bulldogs; and they often call me at the last minute. I'll put up a post if you're interested in trains; but I reckon it could be months before they call me again.
I thought i heard a ghost at a station and it was haunted .....turns out it was just a korean dude calling out for his kid

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
No. I had an arrangment with Susie Elelman, but when she left the station that all fell through.

I get requests from ABC, but not as many as in the past. Recent interviews have been with ABC Wagga, and Melbourne. It's usually when they have an opening in their program, or a guest pulls out at the last minute, that they want to talk about trains. Although I did once do an interview about the Large Hadron Collider because I've visited half a dozen times.
I'd love to visit the LHC and see what they really find/discover.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd love to visit the LHC and see what they really find/discover.
It's a fascinating setup. Scientists from all over the world are working there, and there are no boundaries with the work they do. Nothing discovered there is allowed to be copyrighted, so it belongs to the world. One time, they told me they were working on a laser that could attack cancer cells without the need for surgery or medications - it could go through healthy cells without harm and only attack the cancer cells. Simple day treatment, then back home. Still needed more testing, but they were pretty hopeful it would be fine.

You can't see much because it's buried deep underground and is off limits due to the deadly dangerous conditions when it is running. You can hop on a tour which takes you to each of the measuring stations. Some people find it a bit boring because they can't see the actual LHG operating, but it's the info you get from the scientists there that makes it fascinating.

Book the tour, it's free; but there is a long waiting list. The visitors centre is interesting and is set up for interactive stuff for adults and kids; but the tour is where the real stuff of the LHG is unveiled.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
@Chris Harding - a strange question Im sure but did you ever visit the EMI building at Homebush?
I always wondered what went on inside passing it on the train as a kid.
Ive never seen photos of inside the building.
I know they use to press vinyl there and at one stage had a recording studio.
Slim Dusty just 1 artist that recorded in the studio when it was owned by Columbia.
There seems to be next to no info online about the place.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
View attachment 38392

So this one is very different but cool so this is a project I’ll claim I had a hand in but very minimal
Of Sydney graffiti writers throw ups if you know what that means (like I said maybe a bit random this one) anyway compiled a poster on again very fine cardboard numbered and signed by a guy tgat now lives in London who is an ex graffiti writer from Sydney but a now a very well respected urban designer. Very fun project and definitely a collectors piece in the Sydney graff scene. My Mrs even let me frame and Hang it up. My sister says it gay and they all look the same.
I'll swap you an issue of dirty deeds for it :tearsofjoy:

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I'll swap you an issue of dirty deeds for it :tearsofjoy:
Mum chucked out all my Hype Mags many many years ago cleaning out my room when I first moved out of home. This was a project done by Germs OSF in homage to his famous tags one from 2000 I helped a bit.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
@Chris Harding - a strange question Im sure but did you ever visit the EMI building at Homebush?
I always wondered what went on inside passing it on the train as a kid.
Ive never seen photos of inside the building.
I know they use to press vinyl there and at one stage had a recording studio.
Slim Dusty just 1 artist that recorded in the studio when it was owned by Columbia.
There seems to be next to no info online about the place.
No. I didn't visit EMI. I still have a vinyl collection, and valve amplifier for my hifi.