Images/Photos

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
View attachment 37844
1987 - Princess Highway , Sylvania. Tom Ugly duplication Bridge open day
My car broke down on the old bridge in the pouring rain. Only one lane operating in my direction, and I had to push the thing almost the length of the bridge to clear the lane. No-one helped, but they let me know how much they were inconvenienced.
Bought a new car the following weekend.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
View attachment 37979View attachment 37980View attachment 37981View attachment 37982View attachment 37983View attachment 37984
Granville Train Disaster, Tuesday 18th January 1977. Today is the 45th Anniversary. I just wanted to mark the occasion, and acknowledge the victims, their families, the rescuers, and everyone else involved or touched by this tragedy.
A late friend of mine was one of the rescuers who crawled under the debris to get people out; not knowing whether it would all come down on him.
He wouldn't talk about it.

When I was working with 3801 Limited we provided the rollingstock for the telemovie, Day of the Roses, which was mainly filmed on the goods line, now converted to light rail. I went on a few runs with the film crew.

We also provided the locomotive to propel the heavily modified interurban car for the subway scenes in the original Matrix movie. The station was built in empty silos near Balmain.