I'm sorry... how much are those shoes again??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
upload_2018-4-28_20-28-27.png

I choke at the thought of spending more than $120 on a paid of shoes, and yet here we have a set of shoes, that work out just under $52,000 AUD !!!

How the frig are shoes worth that much (genuine question)???

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
mate, believe it or not , some kids have become millionaires by just simply buying and selling shoes.

My cousins 15 year old son is into it big time and he wants to do this for living. He went to USA recently just to buy the latest Michael Jordon shoes for $2500 USD and he said he got it cheap including the airfare.

He reckon in few years he can sell it for 4 times its buy price.

At the moment I only see him spending his parents money on shoes. I think in few years time he will find kids like him and he will sell it to them for a higher price and then those kids will sell it some other dumb kids few years from there and the cycle will continue on.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
wtf, some people do have more money than sense.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
mate, believe it or not , some kids have become millionaires by just simply buying and selling shoes.

My cousins 15 year old son is into it big time and he wants to do this for living. He went to USA recently just to buy the latest Michael Jordon shoes for $2500 USD and he said he got it cheap including the airfare.

At the moment I only see him spending his parents money on shoes. I think in few years time he will find kids like him and he will sell it to them for a higher price and then those kids will sell it some other dumb kids few years from there and the cycle will continue on.
Now you understand why our parents didn't want us having too much money as kids.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

It’s freaky..when I read this it reminded me of an Episode of Pawn Stars..you ever seen that show? Well this guy had shelves of sports shoes..Air Jordan’s from the first ones made to the most recent..all other types of shoes and brands too..when I saw it..and the value they gave to the collection..I thought WTF? Now you say this..it’s understandable why they collect em.. But sheesh I wanna a shoe I can wear not look at..

Ps..one advantage of not being able to walk..your shoes don’t wear out..they last for freaking ages!! :grimacing:

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
View attachment 5738

I choke at the thought of spending more than $120 on a paid of shoes, and yet here we have a set of shoes, that work out just under $52,000 AUD !!!

How the frig are shoes worth that much (genuine question)???
Those shoes are for people like kylie Jenner who get money for nothing.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

lol , sounds like a wheeler n dealer , convincing his parents and spending their money on a pair of shoes that nobody can predict will be worth a cent in 4 years time.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
lol , sounds like a wheeler n dealer , convincing his parents and spending their money on a pair of shoes that nobody can predict will be worth a cent in 4 years time.
You would be surprised how many thousands of people like him are out there with a lot of cash in the first world countries.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You would be surprised how many thousands of people like him are out there with a lot of cash in the first world countries.
Tbh I shouldn't be surprised by the lure of making money as a teenager I was one of those teenagers in a way ,Used to be given $40 a week from 15 . I had a part time job from year 9 and getting something like $50 -$60 a week and my mum tried to encourage me to save it by upping my pocket but instead of spending the pocket money I got obsessed with watching my bank balance grow by the time I was 17 I had $4000 in my bank and bought a $2000 car .
I'm poor now though lol

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

I've heard stories about this. When a new limited edition shoe is released they line up at midnight and set up bots online. Buy the shoes for $500 and sell the for $5000.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I've heard stories about this. When a new limited edition shoe is released they line up at midnight and set up bots online. Buy the shoes for $500 and sell the for $5000.

yep this is exactly what I heard from my shoes obsessed nephew.

its worse than iphone craze.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s got a lot to do with black culture. THey will buy anything for a stupid amount of money and go into debt to just make a rap song about it about how they came from nothing to being waist deep into debt :grinning: and then blame whites for having debt to pay off.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s got a lot to do with black culture. THey will buy anything for a stupid amount of money and go into debt to just make a rap song about it about how they came from nothing to being waist deep into debt :grinning: and then blame whites for having debt to pay off.
Yes those Indians. Can get very silly at times

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i dont understand why its a black culture thing? maybe you are racist because white people are definitely into buying overpriced things to prove that they can, for example anybody who owns a ferrari or some expensive shitty art

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

I thought my wife was weird doing this with handbags and watches..

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
i dont understand why its a black culture thing? maybe you are racist because white people are definitely into buying overpriced things to prove that they can, for example anybody who owns a ferrari or some expensive shitty art
That then makes you racist towards whites then if we go by your logic?

Status
Not open for further replies.