Im so proud....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at a wedding and the grooms mum and brides mum both made a speech.

They both thought that sun shines out of the grooms arse th way they speak of him.

The grooms mum said she was so proud of him and what he has achieved.. i wanted to interject and ask "what has he acheived?" He was a school drop out, changes careers every six months and asks favours from everyone and never returns a favour.

Then the brides mum got up and said he was a master of many crafts? A real estate mogul and a screwd businessman?

Again I wanted to interject and say he worked in real estate for 6 months and said it wasnt for him? Then worked for the council? Then started his own home maintenence business?

Am I being too harsh? Not everyone is a huge success and parents will always shine light on their kids, but to talk like he changed the world is a bit much to digest

Last edited:

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I kinda agree with you on this one , know a few people like this so it made me laugh

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Success and achieving something is obviously subjective and relative to something but if you say that in front of people. It sort of needs to be a little impressive to the audience.

If he somehow made the b team for the local soccer team Im not sure that should be celebrated with those comments about all his achievements

Or Just finishing year 12 at school (im not sure if he dropped out but im certain he wont be flaunting his TER grade) isnt really an achievement? Attendance will get you that.

Did he invent something that i wasnt aware that made hospitals treat all the sick?

I just wanted clarification on what those acheivements were that she was so proud of?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Let me guess...

He's a renter with a big screen TV, and that irks you more than anything else said at the wedding?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was at a wedding and the grooms mum and brides mum both made a speech.

They both thought that sun shines out of the grooms arse th way they speak of him.

The grooms mum said she was so proud of him and what he has achieved.. i wanted to interject and ask "what has he acheived?" He was a school drop out, changes careers every six months and asks favours from everyone and never returns a favour.

Then the brides mum got up and said he was a master of many crafts? A real estate mogul and a screwd businessman?

Again I wanted to interject and say he worked in real estate for 6 months and said it wasnt for him? Then worked for the council? Then started his own home maintenence business?

Am I being too harsh? Not everyone is a huge success and parents will always shine light on their kids, but to talk like he changed the world is a bit much to digest
This sounds like a typical case of jealousy on your part. Most people would be happy to let the family speak proudly about their son on his wedding day. But I'm guessing you look on with envious eyes at the girl he married since you've offered no criticism of her. Fess up Blue boost.

Given that you are so critical of this guy, what wonderful contribution have you made to the world comparatively? Holding a job down for more than six months doesn't necessarily mean you have won at life. A lot of people in life shape their own delusions and i think you seem like a good example of that.

I was speaking recently to a mates boss who told me he wasn't part of the working class anymore since he owned his own plumbing business, a 4 bedroom house and a car worth $40,000+. I couldn't help but think he's more working class than most people I know. This bloke regularly works 7 day weeks and far longer hours than his employees on a day to day basis. He was honestly pissing me off by insinuating that he was better than other people who lived from paycheck to paycheck. I asked him a single question to start giving him a reality check. Could he retire tomorrow and live comfortably for the rest of his life with what he has? He said no. If he quit working today he'd have no way to pay his car and home loan off. I asked him if he could cut down his hours drastically and still keep up with those payments. Again he said no and that his business relied heavily on him getting his hands dirty. He wasn't happy when i told him that he was still working class. He argued that working class people didn't own 4 bedroom houses or top of the range 4wd's. I told him neither did he. Until he paid off the loans they still owned him. I told him that an aboriginal man who owned a hut in the outback who could live off the land and nothing much else was closer to being middle class than a man up to his eyeballs in debt who kept that all afloat by working hard. The poor **** looked like he wanted to punch me when he realized that i was right.

So by your estimation this bloke that just got married might be failing at life. But how closely do you actually get to judge where his life is at. He may not own a home and he may not have a huge list of goodies to show for his life so far. But that doesn't mean he's not successful. If he lives within his means and is happy with where his life is at, thats a measure of success that some people who equate wealth or belongings to success can never know.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
This sounds like a typical case of jealousy on your part. Most people would be happy to let the family speak proudly about their son on his wedding day. But I'm guessing you look on with envious eyes at the girl he married since you've offered no criticism of her. Fess up Blue boost..
Think ya nailed it :smirk: ... Kurt cobain knew it too, it's always about a girl.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's his wedding day, even if he was hitler mum and the mother in law weren't gunna stand up n say what a looooooooser he is! If ya can't have people piss in your pocket at your wedding during speeches, well the rest of your life is going to suck lol!

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
OP you sound better and jealous with your threads....

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
blue_boost , I like you and respect you as a dogs fan and member of this forum, but sorry this is a classic text book case of jealousy.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This sounds like a typical case of jealousy on your part. Most people would be happy to let the family speak proudly about their son on his wedding day. But I'm guessing you look on with envious eyes at the girl he married since you've offered no criticism of her. Fess up Blue boost.

Given that you are so critical of this guy, what wonderful contribution have you made to the world comparatively? Holding a job down for more than six months doesn't necessarily mean you have won at life. A lot of people in life shape their own delusions and i think you seem like a good example of that.

I was speaking recently to a mates boss who told me he wasn't part of the working class anymore since he owned his own plumbing business, a 4 bedroom house and a car worth $40,000+. I couldn't help but think he's more working class than most people I know. This bloke regularly works 7 day weeks and far longer hours than his employees on a day to day basis. He was honestly pissing me off by insinuating that he was better than other people who lived from paycheck to paycheck. I asked him a single question to start giving him a reality check. Could he retire tomorrow and live comfortably for the rest of his life with what he has? He said no. If he quit working today he'd have no way to pay his car and home loan off. I asked him if he could cut down his hours drastically and still keep up with those payments. Again he said no and that his business relied heavily on him getting his hands dirty. He wasn't happy when i told him that he was still working class. He argued that working class people didn't own 4 bedroom houses or top of the range 4wd's. I told him neither did he. Until he paid off the loans they still owned him. I told him that an aboriginal man who owned a hut in the outback who could live off the land and nothing much else was closer to being middle class than a man up to his eyeballs in debt who kept that all afloat by working hard. The poor **** looked like he wanted to punch me when he realized that i was right.

So by your estimation this bloke that just got married might be failing at life. But how closely do you actually get to judge where his life is at. He may not own a home and he may not have a huge list of goodies to show for his life so far. But that doesn't mean he's not successful. If he lives within his means and is happy with where his life is at, thats a measure of success that some people who equate wealth or belongings to success can never know.
/\

A classic renter above... has to be

Last edited:

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its not a jealousy thing at all. I like the guy, I do

But the mum and brides mum just went overboard about him. I just wanted clarification of what he achieved.

As for the bride, i dont know her too well so cant really comment much. But i know she has money, plenty of it so she must be alright.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.