Im sick of Barrett saying “80 minute performance”

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im sick of Baz saying we arent playing an 80 minute performance, not every team in league plays for 80 minutes but when they arent playing well, they do have some resolve. Look at brisbane today, we had probably the best of the first 50 minutes, did they ship about 30 points and concede one after the other and look beaten? No, they werent playing well but they kept the game close. Maybe we ll play well for 80 minutes and win a game or two but thats not gonna happen every game, if we cant defend or show resolve in the periods we are poor and get to the other side of that, we wont win many games at all. Baz is deluded to think the team will perform for 80 minutes near perfect every week, he needs to sort out how we defend when we may knock the ball on a few times, because right now, everytime we dont take an opportunity or knock on, it feels like we are gonna concede and once we concede, the flood gates open, get Baz out.

KingBurton

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Amen. The truth is this team has talent. Barrett is holding them back. I defended Barrett but now I'm reformed. I was blinded by his excuses this whole time. I don't have faith in him at all anymore. He's an absolute joke.

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Amen. The truth is this team has talent. Barrett is holding them back. I defended Barrett but now I'm reformed. I was blinded by his excuses this whole time. I don't have faith in him at all anymore. He's an absolute joke.
I was the same as you brother, hes clueless, can anyone explain why dufty one of our most dangerous ball runners, plays on the right side of the field only???

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep - point is we can’t score.
And our D collapses in every game.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
But he is right.

And he is to blame. Fox was critical of our fitness yesterday and made mention of the history of our High Performance Coach, and it's not pretty.

We get gassed very quickly and that is on Baz

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tbaz will be a good salesman shortly he says all the right things you want to hear but as a NRL coach he fails to actually do what he says.

Saying that we need to be better or a certain area needs to improve means SFA if you don’t do anything about it.

When he first started he sounded super impressive in his interviews and comments but sadly it’s proven to be just hot air.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Is this **** gone yet? Bring in Flanagan.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s not that the players are not willing for 80 minutes. The Problem is the coaching. A good coach identifies and coaches to the strengths of the team. Barrett ignores this and persists with his fixed idea of how a team should play. His results here and at Manly are testament to his lack of coaching acumen. As pointed out by the Nine commentary team, playing to Baz’s instructions results in them wearing themselves out. They have to work too hard to get their points.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im ready to join the "find a new coaching group" - initially i thought give Barret inc till the end of the year n decide - sooner rather than later find someone and see if the current roster responds - need to get a better indication of who needs be kept and who needs to be shopped. Players are not improving and highly regarded players Burton JAC are looking like minimum wage players (Burton was terrible tonight - both he and Thompson need to learn to tackle with their shoulder - their initial contact is with fingers hands and arms)

Gould has been willing to make hard decision in the past - hope he is ruthless starting with coaches, trainers etc and work his way through to overpaid underperforming players

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's a recurring problem and clearly down to poor coaching and bad fitness and discipline. When it was announced Baz would be the coach, he talked about having learnt from his time at Manly and how he will surround himself with the best assistants and support staff... Instead it was jobs for his mates like Ferris and his assistants like Furner have been useless.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So watching the press conference from baz on the nrl app. I actually have never seen baz have that sort of body language ever since his taken over. To me I think he knows it’s time up and it’s ready for us to move on from him. He said we have a new team because of Covid but then says very weakly it’s not a excuse…

Tell you what I wouldn’t be surprised if Gould tells him we’re looking for a coach, once we do, I’ll notify you when you will end employment. No way in hell his going to stay on till end of this year. Remember the smoke about him having 7-10 rounds before his job is reviewed. Gus reviewed that game last night and seems to me that it’s time for him to step in.

Reactions: 88

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The kennel sees that Josh Jackson and Marshall absolutely slow our attack,I’ve never seen a bulldogs side play attack in slow motion.
It’s madness.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The kennel sees that Josh Jackson and Marshall absolutely slow our attack,I’ve never seen a bulldogs side play attack in slow motion.
It’s madness.
I see jmk play in person and fk me his so fknnnn slow. Legit, once that timing takes half a sec slower it crumbles the momentum for the forward pack and backline to gain meters …

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see jmk play in person and fk me his so fknnnn slow. Legit, once that timing takes half a sec slower it crumbles the momentum for the forward pack and backline to gain meters …
I think Baz is stubborn .
Einstein said to do the same thing and expect a different result is absolute madness.
Club has to take responsibility on where we are at,Gus will shortly start the sackings .
Good coaches make average players good and shit coaches make good players bad.
Our style of footy has made most players regress…that’s a sign

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Start by explaining why was Bailey biondi-odo put on in the last 7 minutes ! The kid should of played at least 20 minutes last night.
Baz rates JMK and plenty more duds in our team that he continues to pick or give big minutes too. Over the last few weeks JMK has been playing more and more minutes.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Well what does a Coach do? Helps and assists players to reach and fulfill their potential. Does our Coach do that with a single player?

The answer is clear with what must happen.