I'm not after mammoth dollars': Foran keen to stay with Bulldogs

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you think of milford?
He's pretty quick off the mark,good leg speed?
Now a bloke with blistering pace who can deliver a great pass at pace and set up his support players and should be our no -1
Who can play rugby league.
Charlie staines from penrith. The kid is a fullback, and a good one. Forget the milfords and fozs.
Sam walker at halfback and charlie in the 1.
Get an experienced 9 he touches the ball the most

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You've nailed it

Sam walker, brought him up months ago.

Staines as well.

Now a bloke with blistering pace who can deliver a great pass at pace and set up his support players and should be our no -1
Charlie staines from penrith. The kid is a fullback, and a good one. Forget the milfords and fozs.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Unless we have signed a gun/experienced replacement at either 6 or 7, then I would think its absolutely necessary to re-sign Foran on 350-400k. All bullshit aside, we look shit loads better when he is on the park and although someone like Burton would be nice he is still a rookie himself. Have a look at the Broncos and their stupidity getting rid of all the experienced guys..

You have to have a mix.
although experience like Tolman or sue I don’t want.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
ITS NOT FAIR AT ALL.
The 400 is going on the cap so theres no benefit at all to us dangling the carrot like that, its unneccessarily cruel.

It promotes foran to play soft in the back half of the season as well.

And it implies that foran is doing somerthing wrong or getting injured on purpose which he isnt. He puts his heart into it.

If fitmess is the issue and you want foran to take care of himself its muich better signing him to s modest 2 year deal and only having year two triggered by games played.

otherwise your just unfairly denying him money. for no reason. Will just piss him off
Nah fcuk that he owes us! He knows how injury prone he is too! I’m a Foran guy myself but if its not good enough for him then see ya later I think that deal is alright

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
We could go hard for this 17 year old kid that's south's are trying to sign.
Apparently from Saturday( his birthday) he can field offers from rival clubs, hence why the bunnies are desperately lined him up to sign a contract on Saturday so they are not done over at the 11th hour...
Give the kid a 5 year deal, and uncle Arthur could give him a couple of shifts at the twin willows..
Love your thinking haha

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Wonder if Barrett would be keen to get the Walker brothers on staff in some capacity, would certainly help get Sam to us. Roosters have Flanno and have locked Keary up and Lam could still stay with them... They don't need Sam, however in true Rooster fashion I can see them throwing Flanno on the scrap heap when it suits them

Last edited:

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Heaps of halfs out there for the poaching. But keep making excuses mate. Been the same bullshit excuse for 3 years why canberra and other clubs found gun halves. Open your eyes.
But ,but maloney said this. If he wants to get paid he will be here in 10 mins cause at the minute he aint.

We have attracted many great halves dufas.
Mortimer
Lamb
Anderson
Hagan
Sherwin
Thurston
Anasta
Kimmorley
Polla mounter
Foran according to u lol
Just to name a couple. Are u fucking 10 yr old or something?
Ok, name at least 5 halves out there who we can get for 2021 season, who will either be a full-tume starter with comparable quality to Foran or who will have the potential to be a half here for 5+years. If there are heaps, you can name me at least 5 and give reasons and evidence why.

Maloney is not one as he is not going to be playing in a couple of years and you'd have to be an idiot to think it's a good idea to pay him 800K lol

Also half the players you listed there started at the Dogs. Did you not read my question properly? I asked "And when have the Dogs ever attracted a decent half?". I did not ask you to "name me some halves who have played for the Dogs over the last 30-40 years".

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Another mediocre follower, yeah and lets get pay back too. I had to repeat myself because you and nasheed are
off your heads.
U just repeated yourself too. Fmd
We been buiding solid foundations with foran for 3 years...... for what ?
Lets give him another 5, fmd. fade out ya rat
Not sure where I said give him 5 years. Can you please show me where this was said?

I'm "off my head" yet here's a bloke who thinks we should pay Maloney 800K, who thinks listing every Dogs half for the last 40 years is the same as listing quality halves that the Dogs have signed from other clubs, and who somehow reads a 1-2 year cheap deal for a veteran as a 5 year investment.

Thank fuck we don't have you anywhere near the board room. We'd be even more of a shambles than we have been for the last few years. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Walters?
Why is he the flavour of the week now?
He's no young gun. He's nearly as old as Foran. He's ok but if he wasn't the son of who he is he woulda been tossed years ago.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
And since when are we attacking Forans heart and gameplay?
I thought it was pretty universally accepted throughout society that when his head is right and he's not injured, he's sublime.

Sure, he's not a speedster half in the same way as a Moses, but he's faster than other star halves like Adam Reynolds. The best halfback of all time was a turtle too remember. Foran is in the Chad Townsend class of not fast but can provide a bit of oomph in some space.

Besides, he may not be lightning on his feet but he still busts Holes the way Busta Rhymes busts rhymes. So it's ok, he just needs support players.

The only question with Foran and the only question there has ever been is with his health. Mental, physical and spiritual.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yez dont get it. Hes too slow. We look like rabble with him. Hes a plodder, young walters is just like him but younger faster and fitter. And half the price.
The game is a fast game, but our fans want the slowest plodders we can get.
If you think we look like rabble with him on the field you have no idea none whatsoever!

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nope if thats what we are offering he wont be here next year and we will get the spoon!
Instead of 12th?? If your not first your last. Foran isn’t leading us to a title at this stage

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why do people think hes this great mentor for young halves. Hes been doing nothing but giving them advice for 3 years now and not one of them has improved. Hes a recovering alcoholic/gambler. Yes give him another contract to mentor our young halves.
Fuck some of u have zero idea.
Same as kimmorley and sherwin, yes they played half but they are just not coaches. Move on get better people in.
we have not won a game the last 2 or 3 years without him! hes our best player everytime he plays.... yeh lets get rid of him and see how good we go....

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That Cade Cust looks good from Manly!

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Foran isn’t leading us to a title at this stage
Obviously, since he doesn't have the players around him to take advantage of his leadership. It's not the leadership that is lacking it's the support of it that we haven't been providing, can't blame the leader if the troupes aren't up to it. There are early signs (Thompson, Cotric, Barrett and Laundys) that that situation will improve next year.

The fact is Foran created 4 try scoring opportunities last week, 2 of the 3 kicks resulted in tries, the other should have but Averillo's lack of experience bombed it. He also made a clean line break that should have resulted in a try but no one was there backing him up.

Go Dogs

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Obviously, since he doesn't have the players around him to take advantage of his leadership. It's not the leadership that is lacking it's the support of it that we haven't been providing, can't blame the leader if the troupes aren't up to it. There are early signs (Thompson, Cotric, Barrett and Laundys) that that situation will improve next year.

The fact is Foran created 4 try scoring opportunities last week, 2 of the 3 kicks resulted in tries, the other should have but Averillo's lack of experience bombed it. He also made a clean line break that should have resulted in a try but no one was there backing him up.

Go Dogs
Agreed to an extent but what’s he contributing when not playing ? It would be hard to win a title with Foran and his injury history. I hope to be proven wrong.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Foran is just injured all the time and needs a dominant half next to him to be effective.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Agreed to an extent but what’s he contributing when not playing ? It would be hard to win a title with Foran and his injury history. I hope to be proven wrong.
Aside from the hamstring niggles, which seem to have dissipated somewhat since the spinal issues were identified and corrective actions taken, he's not carrying any injuries (the usual NRL week to week niggles notwithstanding). Foran's syndesmosis injury, as evidenced by Hopoate (who never gets injured), was just bad luck especially when 2 heavyweights fall on your ankle. Much the same for the shoulder injury, as Elliott and Stimson have proven this year, it's a contact sport and injuries happen. I admit the torn/ruptured foot ligaments is a weird one, history was they started appearing with the "cut down" and lightweight football boots trend decades ago, but these days not so much.

I just don't buy the "he's made of glass" bullshit, the long term injuries that he has suffered are typical for the heavy contact NRL player, there are multiple players out every week as result of them, we have 3 right now. Plus Foran comes back fast, amazing recovery that he works on hard and tirelessly. One more major injury may well be his last, which means medical retirement and Cap relief, which diminishes the gamble on resigning him.

Go Dogs

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aside from the hamstring niggles, which seem to have dissipated somewhat since the spinal issues were identified and corrective actions taken, he's not carrying any injuries (the usual NRL week to week niggles notwithstanding). Foran's syndesmosis injury, as evidenced by Hopoate (who never gets injured), was just bad luck especially when 2 heavyweights fall on your ankle. Much the same for the shoulder injury, as Elliott and Stimson have proven this year, it's a contact sport and injuries happen. I admit the torn/ruptured foot ligaments is a weird one, history was they started appearing with the "cut down" and lightweight football boots trend decades ago, but these days not so much.

I just don't buy the "he's made of glass" bullshit, the long term injuries that he has suffered are typical for the heavy contact NRL player, there are multiple players out every week as result of them, we have 3 right now. Plus Foran comes back fast, amazing recovery that he works on hard and tirelessly. One more major injury may well be his last, which means medical retirement and Cap relief, which diminishes the gamble on resigning him.

Go Dogs
The difference is watching Foz, you can see him CONSTANTLY hobbling around on the footy field. It quite scary, he looks like hes going to break when hes tackled. Crazy how the bloke can barely walk without pain and is still our best player...

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
The difference is watching Foz, you can see him CONSTANTLY hobbling around on the footy field. It quite scary, he looks like hes going to break when hes tackled. Crazy how the bloke can barely walk without pain and is still our best player...
I thinks it's just how he walks, like a cowboy out of an old western movie, because he doesn't run with a "hobble". He's definitely "pigeon toed" which results in a lopey walking style. For me it doesn't translate to when he is tackled, he takes the impacts very well most times and plays the ball quite quickly.

Go Dogs

Last edited: