I'm not after mammoth dollars': Foran keen to stay with Bulldogs

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bullshit with this virus shut down on there are halves all over the world sitting down that can and will add more than foz.
Hes broken, move on. We have barret now we dont need foz input from the sidelines.
Our young halves and club have gone backwards since his arrival. But lets extend him fmd.
Lets give him 400k to keep the dust off the rehab gear. Pfffft. We need reliable players with speed. Shit id give maloney 800k before foran 400. Move on hes cooked.
Only 1 problem Maloney has said hes not coming back!

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Apparently the offer is 400k but 100k of it is based on number of games played he isn’t happy with that aspect
Seems fair enough tho considering his missed games ratio of approx 50%.
Incredible how these incentive clauses make a big difference at times. If he had a contract like that now, who knows, he may haven been able to fnish the Dragons game.
Too unreliable to establish any continuity in the team. Hope he isnt re-signed.
The reality is it doesn't matter, the NRL includes "incentives" in the Cap, so whether we pay him $300k or $400k is irrelevant, it will use up $400k of our Cap. To be totally realistic, why the hell should we care about how much he gets paid, we have plenty of cash, all that matters is how much is included in the salary cap. In that aspect "incentives" are useless.

Go Dogs

Last edited:

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Happy to re-sign him on the minimum contract ($105,000 or whatever it is now). He's earned enough in his last contract to make up for the 'loss of income' & he owes us as far as I'm concerned.

If he puts together a season where he plays 90% of the games and makes an impact, re-sign him for another year at 200-300k max then keep him on as a halves coach.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Just throw half a mil for one year and be done with it.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Happy to re-sign him on the minimum contract ($105,000 or whatever it is now). He's earned enough in his last contract to make up for the 'loss of income' & he owes us as far as I'm concerned.

If he puts together a season where he plays 90% of the games and makes an impact, re-sign him for another year at 200-300k max then keep him on as a halves coach.
Thats right it was a contract which includes injury ,no fault of his he knows he wont get the same money but i bet he gets more than half a mill somewhere if not here. Imagine him at the Broncos they would be top 8 with him in the side 100%

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Unless we have signed a gun/experienced replacement at either 6 or 7, then I would think its absolutely necessary to re-sign Foran on 350-400k. All bullshit aside, we look shit loads better when he is on the park and although someone like Burton would be nice he is still a rookie himself. Have a look at the Broncos and their stupidity getting rid of all the experienced guys..

You have to have a mix.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats right it was a contract which includes injury ,no fault of his he knows he wont get the same money but i bet he gets more than half a mill somewhere if not here. Imagine him at the Broncos they would be top 8 with him in the side 100%
Lol if he played every game at 100%, sure he might do... But he won't because a) he can't (his body is busted and can't handle it) and b) he'll be in the medical ward more than half the time like he's been here.

Don't forget he's not getting any younger...

If he doesn't want to repay us (he should have never played that international dead rubber after just getting out of rehab) and wants to play elsewhere for a bigger contract, by all means... Thanks for the memories foz.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
If these rumours about the incentives r tru, why not just offer him a two year 450k deal, with the second year triggered if he plays 20 games? Finals can count too. Incentives to make the 8.

its really the same thing, but nicer for foran.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
If these rumours about the incentives r tru, why not just offer him a two year 450k deal, with the second year triggered if he plays 20 games? Finals can count too. Incentives to make the 8.

its really the same thing, but nicer for foran.
that can potentially stuff up a salary cap niff nuff

Hound_Dog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Unless we have signed a gun/experienced replacement at either 6 or 7, then I would think its absolutely necessary to re-sign Foran on 350-400k. All bullshit aside, we look shit loads better when he is on the park and although someone like Burton would be nice he is still a rookie himself. Have a look at the Broncos and their stupidity getting rid of all the experienced guys..

You have to have a mix.
Thats why you keep Hoppa at 1 and sign a Jake Friend for a couple of years

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He’s not worth more than 100k let him take it or leave .

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thats why you keep Hoppa at 1 and sign a Jake Friend for a couple of years
Yeah, I dont mind that as the rorters wont fight as hard as they have his replacement already. But I would keep Hoppa at 3 and with Cotric and play Averillo at 1 or swap between the 2 of them. Even if we got Burton a year or so playing with Foran would ease him in.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
His hearts still in it, he's gotta get a decent offer.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Y
Bullshit with this virus shut down on there are halves all over the world sitting down that can and will add more than foz.
Hes broken, move on. We have barret now we dont need foz input from the sidelines.
Our young halves and club have gone backwards since his arrival. But lets extend him fmd.
Lets give him 400k to keep the dust off the rehab gear. Pfffft. We need reliable players with speed. Shit id give maloney 800k before foran 400. Move on hes cooked.
You basically just re-posted your first post. What makes you think this means any of us wouldn't sign a good half if there was one out there. And when have the Dogs ever attracted a decent half? We will sit and hope but right now there aren't any on the market. So maybe come back to the real world yeah?

I think it's better to focus on building some solid foundations while we are going through a re-build and waiting for the right targets to emerge. Keep Foran on the cheap and it won't really affect our mid to long-term plans. We aren't contending next year, so makes sense to wait it out for more options to come onto the market.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He owes the club bigtime if hes not taking under after taking overs for years hes full of bs

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Y

You basically just re-posted your first post. What makes you think this means any of us wouldn't sign a good half if there was one out there. And when have the Dogs ever attracted a decent half? We will sit and hope but right now there aren't any on the market. So maybe come back to the real world yeah?

I think it's better to focus on building some solid foundations while we are going through a re-build and waiting for the right targets to emerge. Keep Foran on the cheap and it won't really affect our mid to long-term plans. We aren't contending next year, so makes sense to wait it out for more options to come onto the market.
Another mediocre follower, yeah and lets get pay back too. I had to repeat myself because you and nasheed are
off your heads.
U just repeated yourself too. Fmd
We been buiding solid foundations with foran for 3 years...... for what ?
Lets give him another 5, fmd. fade out ya rat

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Y

Heaps of halfs out there for the poaching. But keep making excuses mate. Been the same bullshit excuse for 3 years why canberra and other clubs found gun halves. Open your eyes.
But ,but maloney said this. If he wants to get paid he will be here in 10 mins cause at the minute he aint.

We have attracted many great halves dufas.
Mortimer
Lamb
Anderson
Hagan
Sherwin
Thurston
Anasta
Kimmorley
Polla mounter
Foran according to u lol
Just to name a couple. Are u fucking 10 yr old or something?

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hoppa played more of a role in this team when he wasnt playing sundays ffs