Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
And I'm nervous!

Tolman gone
Foran gone

I know all the reasons why they have been ditched, but what is getting me edgy and bones in my teeth chittery is I can't imagine a bulldogs team without these guys.

Its as if we aretruly altering the fabric of our team, removing all the elements that equaled fight. Our foundations.
It's like that feeling of ditching your stable job to find a better job. If it pays off excellent, but if not, we may have just ruined the last part of the team that was good.
Foran is a champion player that can do something from nothing when we need it.

Tolman does the hard work when everyone else stops. Makes the tackles when everyone is tired. Does the hit ups and is generally always there in the thick of it battling. And has for ten years.

you just KNOW we will never be belted if Tolmans in the team.

now the safety net is gone.

we are looking at the dark abyss of the deep dark web.
There some good shit in there but it can get ugly.

I know we are backing ourselves to find a player that has more punch and effectiveness in attack. More sting in the tackle. That can help us be a more dominant unit. Hopefully that happens.

but if it doesn't, we could have removed the key element of what holds our pack together, and open a Pandora's box to be like Brisbane. A team that is open to get belted once they are tired or the game plan malfunctions.
A team missing that warrior who is there when no others are.
It's truly a nervous time ahead.
I don't feel good.
Nasheed.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
my recommendation is finding someone else who could do the hard work and then pay him some money to do the hard work

i agree that tolman is treated unfairly and is the clear scapegoat but its still over

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think we can get any worse than this season.

Having Lewis & an inexperienced 5/8 be it Averillo or Burton (seems unlikely given Cleary's comments) for the start of next season is a risk.

But hopefully we get B.Smith on the books?
Also would love to see a hard running prop who has an offload signed up.

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: we are nervous nasheed.... WE!! In barrett we trust !!

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I agree Tolman is a workhorse in Defence and will be missed for that aspect.
Once we have a structured set roster in terms of positions and players playing in their positions, our defence will become tight. You need to be able to trust your team mate on your left and right and know how they defend to work together.
This year has seen the most chopping and changing we have ever seen which came down to trying to find a formula that could work for us in a young team in a rebuilding faze, not to mention injuries along the way. And to be fair our defence wasn’t too bad this year Considering, with a lot of tight results.
I trust that Barrett and coaching staff will be the first thing they will address. Defence is upmost. Attack will come. Kinda hard to say that when our attack has been so shit but it has to be this way and I’m positive Barrett will provide us with a new lease of life with his style of attack he will bring.
In Barrett We Trust.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can understand that u r a little apprehensive about the future,but to put things into perspective for u the last 4 years have been disastrous,and our great club could not continue down that path any longer,the club has made some hard decisions which needed to be made,we have gone from a powerhouse to a laughing stock,the basis for our future are there we have some very promising talent at our disposal,some fresh ideas in regards to coaching and training staff ,it’s not going to happen overnight,but I believe we will do very very well

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So with Tolman and Foran we are pretty much at the bottom of the ladder. Can’t get much worse without them. Nasheed, just stop it please!!

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Next year I'd be happy for our playmakers whoever that might be, to convert our narrow losses into wins.The games we're winning and then surrender.
We're losing some reputable blokes I agree but they've hit their ceiling ages ago and we need to look elsewhere.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Should be really easy to imagine Foran not in the team, he's always injured and not in the team................

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The fact that we can’t imagine a team without these players is a testament to how badly this club has been run.

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm more excited for next season than I have been for the past 4 years combined. I believe Barrett will be a successful long term coach for us. He did his "apprenticeship" with Manly, made mistakes (by his own admission) but from all reports has accepted where he went wrong and has continued to learn since then and will come back a much better head coach second time around. He has been a huge part of the Panthers success this year and the experience that he will gain in finals campaign will be invaluable to him.

He has already put a broom through the place with a totally new coaching staff and released players that most of us wanted gone. He can obviously see that what we had in place clearly wasn't working and has made significant calls to change that. I hope that with all this in place we will be pleasantly suprised with the development of some of our players. I think it's fair to say that our players have been badly let down with the coaching, fitness and conditioning of the last couple of years

Let's not forget this is probably Barretts last chance to prove himself as a first grade coach. I think that our club is the perfect opportunity for him regardless of what all the so called experts say about our club. He is coming to a club that needs a rebuild. He has room to manoeuvre in regards to releasing players coming off contract this year and next, as well as significant money to spend on new players in the next 2 years. Any coach with ambition would see this as a golden opportunity, and I think Barrett sees that

I believe our club hit rock bottom this year and things are slowly beginning to turn around for us.

Bring on next year, we will surprise alot of people

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the utmost respect for all the players that are leaving,with the exception of the always injure foran,can u honestly say that they will find another club,and the only reason hasler will take a gamble on foran,he has tied up $4.5 million of his salary cap on 4 players,he’s starting to take manly,on the same path he took us,.