News 'I'm my harshest critic': 2019 a career-defining year for Foran

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah let’s have a million dollar half that let’s the minimum wage guys take control so he can just do nothing. Astute buying that

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah let’s have a million dollar half that let’s the minimum wage guys take control so he can just do nothing. Astute buying that
Well it’s what we’ve got. And I’m fairly sure we paid that money in the hope he would play like he did at Manly. And he was never the chief playmaker there.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the best way of getting value for money from him is for him to play his natural game. If that is a little wider so be it. We can't continue to get hung up over what Des and Dib signed him for and to do.

Like your ex spending $100,000 on a racing ski boat, to use as a fishing boat, then get stuck with it in the divorce settlement the day it arrives. Sure you could probably mount a few rod holders around the boat and a nice big anchor. maybe install some tubs for bait and for anything you might have caught. At least you'd be using for the purpose it was purchased, even though it wasn't you that bought it.

or you can have a hell of a lot of fun taking it out skiing with your new partner and kids.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Foran should be captain. He's not a shit talker, has the ethics, the skill and determination.. . Next Ennis imo
We're all hoping Foran does well but he needs to take things week by week and he doesn't need the burden of being captain. He has so many health problems and many demons off the field.

If he plays 15 or more games this season it will be a success for him and the club.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gotta say was liking what I saw yesterday of Foran. Hope he can keep fit and hungry
If that's the Foran we have for the majority of the year then were winning.

Lewis and Foran worked really well yesterday, both outstanding halves.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If that's the Foran we have for the majority of the year then were winning.

Lewis and Foran worked really well yesterday, both outstanding halves.
If only he didn’t keep breaking down, we’d have one of the best 6 & 7 combinations in the NRL.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone actually know if Lewis is certain to start ahead of Cogger for rd1. Surly he is?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Foran looked slick last night and was more involved.
He's only going to get better as he gains confidence in his game and in his body.

If he stays fit, we could potentially see an equal (or better) version of Foran than even Manly saw. The blokes got the ability, we just need his body to stay together.

He's the sort of player that can single handedly win us a game.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foran looked really good. IF his body holds up he's a total game changer. Watching him yesterday you almost forget how good he is.
Definitely looked better yesterday than any game he played for us last year (granted the whole team is)

If Lichaa is in our team we will not make the 8. Any average hooker in the comp and we'd be easy top 8.
His service has not improved at all. Not sure if anyone noticed a few passes one off the ruck that were over the shoulder of the receiver. BIG CONCERN.
Still does his stupid jig outta DH before passing, and ZERO passes were CRISP.
I couldn't care (EVEN) if he ran out of Dummy half like Damian Cook he still has the worse service EVER (literally, I have never seen worse in first grade). Will be very damaging to our team.

I thought RFM was really good, his effort on the right side in defence might have gone unnoticed to many but was really impressive and he was really digging deep.
He's a definite main stay at this stage.

WE NEED A HOOKER, if we had a Hodgson or Cook I honestly think we'd be challenging for the premiership sooner than later.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Foran was by far the best player and was in control of the game whilst on the field. Here's hoping he can stay injury free in 2019

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If only he didn’t keep breaking down, we’d have one of the best 6 & 7 combinations in the NRL.
We'll now we have Lewis there it takes plenty of pressure of him. He doesn't work as hard anymore and the opposition will not target him as much.

Hopefully that keeps him on the park for longer.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last year we had no other half’s , so every other coaches game
Plan is target Foran. Now we have a second option it’ll
Make us more unpredictable