Im lost

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My condolences too KFM tough TOUGH times for you, try and be strong.. also agree it's hard to know what to say and of course it's not easy now but she would want you to remember her fondly but also live the rest of your life to its fullest.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Very sad news for you, your children, grandchildren, relatives and friends. All of us on TK offer our friendship and respect for your loss as you navigate the future. Kennellers are here if you need them for a Bulldogs shoulder.

A very hard time in front of you as you try to adjust. It will be sad and lonely times ahead as you cope. I am so thankful you have children and cherished grandchildren to help with the grieving, the reminiscing, the laughter and the tears.

Your wife will be lovingly remembered through them and spoken of with great fondness, and never forgotten, as you hold your memories close.

There is a life out there to be lived for you. You will come to see that, but at present it is too painful to contemplate. Especially poignant for her as she anticipated retirement and the adventures you two would be sharing. She has lost so much as well of that new life she looked forward to.

That's why it's especially important to her memory for you to grieve but also to be thankful for a life well lived that gave you and her family so much happiness. That love must go on now full on to your family and those young grandchildren who need you more than ever to be a guiding, loving force for good as they grow into their own futures with a steady, loving Pop (and Dad).

I hope you see that as your future in these dark days. Focus on that for the time being to get you through the immediate days and weeks ahead.

Sending all our heartfelt Bulldogs best wishes and sympathies and the wish of better, peaceful days ahead for you.

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just lost my wonderful wife of forty years on 28th i wouldnt wish this pain on anyone , its lucky i have good kids ang grandkids because ive been in a very dark place these days but they havent let me be alone ive got some great friends as well but fuck im just about done with it cant see a future!
Tremendously heartbreaking news. I don't think I can begin to imagine the magnitude of your loss, nor offer any adequate words of comfort. I can only offer my deepest sympathy and sincerest condolences to you and your family.

Plenty of people in our group care, and I am sure are available for support. Please stay strong, and reach out if it can help.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
That’s horrible mate and I’m so sorry to hear that. It would be so hard but keep talking to your family and friends. Talking to a professional might also help with your grief. I’m so sorry, stay strong brother

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My heartfelt condolences to you, and anyone that knew your beautiful wife.

Loss is a complicated, and complex thing to understand and get our heads around, and compounded with grief can result in so many thoughts and emotions running through our heads.

All those emotions you feel, you've got every right to feel.

If you want to scream, then scream.
If you want to cry, then cry.
If you want to smile, then smile.
If you want to close off to the outside world and sleep for days, then do so.

Nobody can tell you how to handle the grief of losing a loved one, and we all handle grief in our own ways.

With that said though, rather than weeping for the sad times, instead think back and smile at all the good times you shared together. All the silly things you laughed at, all the good times you shared, all the thing that made you happy about her, and almost as importantly look to your children and grandchildren to see the qualities she instilled in them.

Whilst she may be gone in person, parts of her personality will forever live on in others in your family, excuding the qualities you loved and adored her for.

Cherish the moments you had together, and use every ounce of inner strength to remember her for the memories you created together, and how she lives on through all those she touched around her, with her kindness and personality.

Take care, look after yourself, and if you need to vent or speak to someone, there is absolutely no shame in speaking with your GP about a referral to a grief counsellor, or mental health professional.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm really sorry to hear about your wife and hope you can get through this tough time..

My Grandfather passed away several years ago and he and my Grandmother were married for 50 years and I know how hard it hurt her..

It's hard to hear now but with the love and support of your family and seeing them more often, you'll find your way through it eventually. Best of luck and my thoughts go out to you and your family..

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just lost my wonderful wife of forty years on 28th i wouldnt wish this pain on anyone , its lucky i have good kids ang grandkids because ive been in a very dark place these days but they havent let me be alone ive got some great friends as well but fuck im just about done with it cant see a future!
Condolences mate. I can’t imagine what you are going through. Keep your chin up mate!

Ribo Flavin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Very sad to hear my friend, good family and friends is essential for you at the moment.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I could not imagine the pain.

Cryptic Ghost

Sharmooderator
Reaction score
My condolences mate. Reach out/vent when ever possible mate. Bet you got a great support network in family and friends.

Word's can never comprehend what a person goes through when they lose a loved one.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
So sorry to read this my bro...

I'm not going to pretend that I know what you feel but I will say we are here for you when you need us.

God bless you my brother and give you the strength needed.

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Deepest condolences.

We all handle grief differently, but it's a passing thing we have all gone through. There's no rush, no right way, it's a normal reaction.

Mate I understand you feel it's hard to see in the future, but there is one with your kids and grandkids so hang in there with their support. Think of the great times, the funny times, how your wife would want you to be now.

You're in my thoughts.

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tremendously heartbreaking news. I don't think I can begin to imagine the magnitude of your loss, nor offer any adequate words of comfort. I can only offer my deepest sympathy and sincerest condolences to you and your family.

Plenty of people in our group care, and I am sure are available for support. Please stay strong, and reach out if it can help.
Thx mate i know your having your own battle at the moment its nice to hear from you

Reaction score
sorry to hear this mate, i can't imagine your pain i only know it hurts beyond description, stay strong for your family

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I hope you can look back on this thread one day and think with a warm heart, time and reflection and think you know what she was an amazing lady the love of my life gave me so much and you know what people can sometimes be beautiful.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
We're approaching our 48th year, and she is so much a part of my life that I understand how lost someone can be when they lose a life partner.

On the tours I host, many are single women who have lost their partners. They take life as a celebration of the few years left to them.
No-one can give advice on how to cope, but friends and family are a buffer against the worst of it.

I hope that things will improve with time.

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're approaching our 48th year, and she is so much a part of my life that I understand how lost someone can be when they lose a life partner.

On the tours I host, many are single women who have lost their partners. They take life as a celebration of the few years left to them.
No-one can give advice on how to cope, but friends and family are a buffer against the worst of it.

I hope that things will improve with time.
I felt guilty just thinking about turning on the TV or Computer but im slowly realising i need both to take my mind to another place, mornings are terrible to get through as you walk around and see her belongings and know you must deal with disposing of most of it even though you dont want to.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Condolences mate stay strong and cherish the memories of a wonderful life spent together.
My mum really struggled when dad passed after nearly 60 years together. As you would expect found it hardest when she was alone. Support of family and friends brought her back to a good place.
She will always be a part of you and continue to celebrate her life.