I'm getting a new neighbour.... What to expect?

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
What a way to kill 20 minutes...
We only have 2 renters in our whole street, I point my security cameras toward them.
They're 2 and 3 doors up and across the road, but you can never be to careful.
Good luck Boost, God Speed.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a way to kill 20 minutes...
We only have 2 renters in our whole street, I point my security cameras toward them.
They're 2 and 3 doors up and across the road, but you can never be to careful.
Good luck Boost, God Speed.
Excellent precautionary measures. I too have security cameras which I will be turning around this evening.

I think it's best to do what Vladimir Putin did.. when tony Abbott said he was going to shirt front him, he turns up to G20 summit in Brisbane with varyag guided missile warship and the destroyer marshal shaposhnikov parked in our waters.. tony Abbott licked his feet ..

With renters you need a similar approach, to set up a cruise missile pointed at their house with a big red button in your hand, if they as much as sneeze you press the button, blast them out of the street. Only then they "might" behave.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Excellent precautionary measures. I too have security cameras which I will be turning around this evening.

I think it's best to do what Vladimir Putin did.. when tony Abbott said he was going to shirt front him, he turns up to G20 summit in Brisbane with varyag guided missile warship and the destroyer marshal shaposhnikov parked in our waters.. tony Abbott licked his feet ..

With renters you need a similar approach, to set up a cruise missile pointed at their house with a big red button in your hand, if they as much as sneeze you press the button, blast them out of the street. Only then they "might" behave.
Don't underestimate the preventative first strike approach also.
Those renters are probably COVID super spreaders so you don't really want them sneezing in your general direction.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So far the renter has behaved very un-renter like. No wild parties, not much noise, no bomb cars about the place. Yesterday the renter kids accidentally threw something over the fence, they politely knocked on the door and asked very nicely if they could have it back, good manners.

Is it possible that some renters are actually half decent ? I know it's early days but I can't book them for much.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So far the renter has behaved very un-renter like. No wild parties, not much noise, no bomb cars about the place. Yesterday the renter kids accidentally threw something over the fence, they politely knocked on the door and asked very nicely if they could have it back, good manners.

Is it possible that some renters are actually half decent ? I know it's early days but I can't book them for much.
Sun Tzu once said 'All warfare is based on deception.'
Those kids just scoped out your house.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

You need to provoke them to see what they’re really like. Have you done the Corona bottle cap test yet?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe they know who they are dealing with. Sweet as pie on my side but tormenting the other side. Wounded deer approach.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My new renter neighbour has been first rate so far. Could they be a unicorn renter?

Grass mowed
No excessive noise
No wild parties
No burnt out cars
No silly bbq with byo rules
Noone is obese

But I have the true test to see if his DNA is a renter or not.

I'll leave a parcel with my address on his door, I'll even stick a watch in the box. We will see if it makes its way to my door or not. That will flush him out if he's a renter

Wahesh

Reaction score
My new renter neighbour has been first rate so far. Could they be a unicorn renter?

Grass mowed
No excessive noise
No wild parties
No burnt out cars
No silly bbq with byo rules
Noone is obese

But I have the true test to see if his DNA is a renter or not.

I'll leave a parcel with my address on his door, I'll even stick a watch in the box. We will see if it makes its way to my door or not. That will flush him out if he's a renter
Well there are a couple of tests you can run before dropping one of your watches in the box. Look at the watch he wears on his hand.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score

I just love when a pissant Aussie PM try’s to talk tough, it makes me laugh.

If I ran Australia I’d have my priorities right and would be super friendly with the Russians!
Unlike most westerners I’ve never viewed them as the bad guy!

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score

I’ve got friends who rent, most are very respectful.

Some in their early- mid 20’s were loose and wild but now they’re not far off becoming grandfathers, starting to settle down!

I know it’s politically incorrect and waysist, but how come no one ever questions the apple tree?
Genetics do play a part in human behaviour.

I’ve got a half brother, he never knew his father, had no relationship with him.
Whenever my mum tells me about what his father was like?
It’s like she’s describing my brother!

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just love when a pissant Aussie PM try’s to talk tough, it makes me laugh.

If I ran Australia I’d have my priorities right and would be super friendly with the Russians!
Unlike most westerners I’ve never viewed them as the bad guy!
I bought a few watches from Russia, nice robust time pieces ... Russians are ok in my book

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well there are a couple of tests you can run before dropping one of your watches in the box. Look at the watch he wears on his hand.
But the integrity test is the best..

Let him think he can keep your parcel, bait him with a decent watch.. we will see if his renter ways can be trained out of him or not.

If the watch don't make its way back, I will know exactly who I'm dealing with, won't I?

It's that little test, compromise honesty and Integrity for a little win? Or respect your neighbour and give back what is not yours..

If a parcel with $100,000 cash was left on my front door with an address next door, I'd give it back ;). I wouldn't even check the contents. Renters won't understand this

Wahesh

Reaction score
But the integrity test is the best..

Let him think he can keep your parcel, bait him with a decent watch.. we will see if his renter ways can be trained out of him or not.

If the watch don't make its way back, I will know exactly who I'm dealing with, won't I?

It's that little test, compromise honesty and Integrity for a little win? Or respect your neighbour and give back what is not yours..

If a parcel with $100,000 cash was left on my front door with an address next door, I'd give it back ;). I wouldn't even check the contents. Renters won't understand this
We'll run with this one then.

Let us know if he passes the integrity test.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll leave a playstation 5 box on his front porch with a label on it my address

What are the chances it makes its way to me?

The renter will think all his Christmas have come at once.

What should I put inside should he open the box

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

A blue dye pack.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

A home loan application.

BlackJackBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

An ANUS laptop (cant find the link to the original scambaiter story!)

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A home loan application.
It would be the most useful thing to give however, once a renter is in the renters trap they can never get out. Banks won't give them the money when they see how they spend their money / bad habits .

Renters always start by saying I'll rent for a year or two until I find a house I like.. then 20 years goes by, 20000 packets of cigarettes later., 20 new iPhones, 20 aldi tv's etc etc

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
My elderly next door neighbour is cleaning up ready to sell. Maybe going to live up the coast somewhere.

So now it's time for a new neighbour!!

What's your ideal neighbour? Traits?

Maybe a young yummy mummy who sunbakes topless in the back yard? (I live in a 2 storey house that overlooks their yard)

Maybe a good tiler or cabinet maker that can do me a free kitchen / bathroom reno

Obviously someone that doesn't cook shit that stinks.

I dont like noisy neighbours but I like them to tolerate my noise

Any applicants on here? Maybe @Alan79? can listen to my stories all weekend.

So I need to screen the purchasers and act like a renter if I dont like em. Spook them from buying
Where do you live? Any scenario could happen.
We had great elderly neighbours; then a young couple moved in for a few years - they were really nice; but they moved to another suburb, and the new owner knocked the house down and put up villas. Same happened all along the street. Now we hardly see our neighbours, and the street is parked out, leaving only one lane for two way traffic. Our house value has gone up and up, so that's a positive.