Im embarrassed to be a fan

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I watch this club every week and will continue to do so byt we are literally the laughing stock of the Nrl, Manly are shit also but atleast they have Tom Turbo to come back and are actually scoring points. We have been nilled 3 weeks in a row and even fox commentators in this storm game are taking the piss out of us saying Pap has scored more in 15 mins than we have all year. Every club is laughing at us, its actually embarrassing to be a Bulldog, if Burton or JAC do a backflip for next year, I dont know where we go from there, we may not win all season.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
I agree, it's hard to be a fan atm, 4 years of the same dogshit attack, then we sign a rookie coach, rookie halfback, and very average fullback in Allan which has gotten us nowhere.

Burton and JAC will be huge for us next year, but we need to do alot more recruiting to complement them. We simply can't have another year like this.

NRNM

Waterboy
Reaction score
It’s completely embarrassing at the moment but The positive is that we have 15 guys off contract and at least 10 of them will go. Completely fresh team next year

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
31B5BB65-7878-47C3-9615-1767A04D3BFA.png
Its stuff like this thats real embarrassing! The players should be shown this shit before a game, if that doesnt fire them up, nothing will!

pijk

Waterboy
Reaction score
personally i would never have signed barrett, but at thw time we prob had very limited options available, i suppose thats what happens when the club puts itself in a hole, the days of James Graham seem so long ago, then we had the salary cap issues, and we had to clear a lot of players, couldn't even offer our captain James Graham a contract, since then we have been fucked, poor old Dean Pay was left with nothing, I'm not a Dean Pay fan, but he had nothing to work with, we get rid of him and hire a rookie coach thats failed before, i get the rookie Flanagan decision, maybe just maybe we should have given Pay a go with Barrett as assistant or something or even without Barrett with the current roster, rather than the shambles he had to work with, just maybe we might not be held to zip three games in a row.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
View attachment 22909
Its stuff like this thats real embarrassing! The players should be shown this shit before a game, if that doesnt fire them up, nothing will!
I hope everybody puts that in their multi and lil Papi scores fuck all points after we run in 4 tries and bleed Sportsbet dry!!!!! #proudtobeabulldog

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
View attachment 22909
I had one of my daughters ask me the other day why do I keep watching every week...? My kids are well into their late 20’s and grew up brainwashed as Bulldogs.

Before they could walk we took them to games and they are both Bulldog fans but not like their old man. They were both to young to even remember 04 even though the oldest was 10, so they don’t have the same perspective.

They think I am a looney that tortures himself year in and year out watching with disappointment as we get beat or flogged. They have been to dozens and dozens of games over the last 20 odd years and apart from a couple of Grand-final appearances that we lost they have not really experienced the joy I have.

I bore them about The Mortimers and the Hughes boys, Terry Lamb (who they met and refer to as the the little fat guy). Dr George, Robbo, Stan Cutler, Steve Gearin, Chris Anderson, Brentnall, Tunksy, Peter Kelly, Cement, Folkesy, Billy Johnstone, Mark Bugden, Langers, Ted Glossop, Wok, Gus and Folkesy again as a coach.

And I waffle on about 79, 80, 84, 85, 86, 88, 94, 95, 98, when we won 5 of the 9 GF’s we were in, and then of course I talk about our last win 04, like Bruce Springsteen song “Glory days”..

Yeah, it’s embarrassing and yeah I fucking hate the shit we cop as fans about how shit our club currently is. But, I remember..

Our club is a great club, the best fucking footy team in the comp bar none. I am privledeged to have lived and been a fan of the Dogs during that amazing era and I honestly hope that anyone too young to have experienced the same will get to enjoy it via the next dynasty era of the Dogs.

So suck up the embarrassment and enjoy the ride because the good times are fucking worth it and will return.

I promise you the pain will be worth it.

Last edited:

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, it's hard to be a fan atm, 4 years of the same dogshit attack, then we sign a rookie coach, rookie halfback, and very average fullback in Allan which has gotten us nowhere.

Burton and JAC will be huge for us next year, but we need to do alot more recruiting to complement them. We simply can't have another year like this.
Be nice club give some feed back on direction fans getting itchy

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
personally i would never have signed barrett, but at thw time we prob had very limited options available, i suppose thats what happens when the club puts itself in a hole, the days of James Graham seem so long ago, then we had the salary cap issues, and we had to clear a lot of players, couldn't even offer our captain James Graham a contract, since then we have been fucked, poor old Dean Pay was left with nothing, I'm not a Dean Pay fan, but he had nothing to work with, we get rid of him and hire a rookie coach thats failed before, i get the rookie Flanagan decision, maybe just maybe we should have given Pay a go with Barrett as assistant or something or even without Barrett with the current roster, rather than the shambles he had to work with, just maybe we might not be held to zip three games in a row.
Why isn't James Graham involved with the club

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Interestingly, maybe the only thing we can point to as a positive from Barrett are the good roster moves of JAC, Burton, Nader and Hetherington. Maybe none of these sign on without Barrett.
Barrett pre match today sounded very down. Maybe the pressure is getting to him. He might be very technically good, but can he get the squad up?

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they do, we are in real trouble, best marquee signings we’ve managed to get in forever..!!!
Addo Carr I’m confident but burton gets better each week and I’m sure penrith will try all they can to get him to stay

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How can you be embarrassed to follow the mighty Bulldogs ? So we’re losing at the moment, it’s understandable given what’s happened in recent years and the fact our team and our spine more specifically are so young and inexperienced. Who gives a fuck what the “ journalists” and other fans say.