I'm ashamed

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all!
Longtime lurker of this forum. Longtime bulldog fan from 1974.
I'll keep this short as I possibly can given the evolution of my beloved football team. I admire a lot of members here with their sound knowledge of the game and club. Always giving me an insight and hearing it about my team as it is. I don't disagree with anyone here as it is a forum to vent passion.
Basically why i decided to join now is shameful. I spent the last 3 weeks in manila and through good fortune i was able to stream the doggies games live there. Prior to this my filipina girlfriend had no idea about the game of rugby league. I thought i'd introduce her to it and my favourite team. Perfect!!!
3 games we watched. doggies vs broncos,cowboys and souths. Possibly the worst 3 consecutive games of bulldogs games I've seen in forever. Like many club supporters everyone's team goes through rough patches where teams rebuild and so on. Given the callabre of players coaching staff facilities etc here, this is no excuse. I agree with the general consensus here that Hasler has to go. Club has invested plenty of time, money to put premiership trophies in the cabinet. Not semifinalist also ran honors.
Anyway in those 3 games the broncos, cowboys and bunnies explained to her and my team how the game is played. Possession of the ball,field positions, repeat sets, executing set plays and good defence wins games.
She only struggled to understand that crossing the line is called a try and not a goal. She will improve in time if my team somehow scores more of those.

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Old puppy, I feel your pain.
I have been a passionate supporter all my 55 years, having being born and Bred in Bankstown.
This was once a club that every other Leagues Club wanted to emulate. We had staff and Board members that were ex players, so were family, and had the pride and passion to keep the players of that time believing in the family and playing for each other and the Club. These past greats of our club have been whittled away and along with them, any hope of a Premiership while we have Hasler in charge.
Bring back a 1 Club player to lead our Boys and watch the change.
We don't need big names, we need blokes who want to be apart of the Bulldog family and be proud of the Club and all has achieved and once stood for.
I am at a lose as to why the Board, in it's apparent wisdom, chose to allow a Legend of the family like Steve Mortimer to resign. It sickens me to watch my club die slowly with this disease called Hasler.
I don't know how long I can follow my team with him as Coach, he has to go now, along with the Board for bring the club to such a low point.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate, welcome, but I hope your girlfriend is not my ex. I try not to judge all Pinays be her, but she was a nightmare :grinning: If he name is Ana and she is from Davao, PM me...

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Wow, the positive vibe reeks throughout this forum. Even new members are getting on board.

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well I'm back and for the very first time in 55 years, I'm embarrassed by my team and I have lost all confidence in the Club.
If the Board think that Hasler is the right Coach for this Team, then we need to put a Broom through the Team, and the Board. This group of Players have no idea how to play as a Team, or play for each other with some Heart or Pride.
I hang my head with shame as a Supporter.
RIP.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Well I'm back and for the very first time in 55 years, I'm embarrassed by my team and I have lost all confidence in the Club.
If the Board think that Hasler is the right Coach for this Team, then we need to put a Broom through the Team, and the Board. This group of Players have no idea how to play as a Team, or play for each other with some Heart or Pride.
I hang my head with shame as a Supporter.
RIP.
Chin up. We'll bounce back. Perhaps in 2 or 3 years when Des is gone, but we'll bounce back!

Status
Not open for further replies.