I'm after an LCD TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
32 Inch is enough, Good guys are rubbish, $200-$300 more then bing Lee.

Am i right in saying the Soniq, PAlsonic and the otherr lesser known brands are not any good, it'sbetter to spend the extra 100 or whatever to get a known brand.

Or doesn't it matter
MB

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Am i right in saying the Soniq, PAlsonic and the otherr lesser known brands are not any good, it'sbetter to spend the extra 100 or whatever to get a known brand.

Or doesn't it matter
MB
I think its little things that are annoying on the lesser brands like remote controls not working properly, menus that are hard to navigate and **** like that. I was told most of the plasma and LCD screens are made in the same place, but just the other components are added on by each brand.

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score
For LCD, anything that is 1080p is generally good.

C

clive_woody

Or doesn't it matter
MB
Best to get yourself a Phillips a JVC or a Samsung.

The rest like Sony, Panasonic and LG are all rubbish.

M

MrCharisma

Or doesn't it matter
MB
JB Hi-Fi have some good deals going until Sunday... check them out. I was sussing them out the other day actually

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Best to get yourself a Phillips a JVC or a Samsung.

The rest like Sony, Panasonic and LG are all rubbish.
I knowSamsung are good, but how can Sony, Panasonic and LG be no good, i thought they would be good

C

clive_woody

I knowSamsung are good, but how can Sony, Panasonic and LG be no good, i thought they would be good
Samsung makes Sony TVs and Sony TVs are well over priced.

Panasonic and LG are lemons and they will break down far too easily.

Coz ozman doesnt know what he is talking about
I appreciate your comments my little pet monkey

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score

Panasonic and LG are lemons and they will break down far too easily.

I appreciate your comments my little pet monkey
Ozman get off!!!!

Mac

lol finch
Reaction score
What? thats stupid. Sony and Samsung are like major competitiors in the TV area arnt they?...

Anyway, get either a Sony Bravia XBR. If you get one before mid january you will get a free 40gb PS3. Or get the new Samsung F8 series. If you buy one of them before mid jan they will give you a free samsung LCD (older model). The free LCD is small but if you choose to get a huge tv they will give you a 66cm lcd or some ****.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
What? thats stupid. Sony and Samsung are like major competitiors in the TV area arnt they?...

Anyway, get either a Sony Bravia XBR. If you get one before mid january you will get a free 40gb PS3. Or get the new Samsung F8 series. If you buy one of them before mid jan they will give you a free samsung LCD (older model). The free LCD is small but if you choose to get a huge tv they will give you a 66cm lcd or some ****.
I have seen those ADS, no point spending nearly 3k just to get a FREE PS3 when i saw them today for about $1100

Mac

lol finch
Reaction score
I have seen those ADS, no point spending nearly 3k just to get a FREE PS3 when i saw them today for about $1100
saw what for 1100? that Bravia XBR usually retails at around 4k. Dont know where you got that figure from. The new samsungs are also 3k +.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It was a Panasonic Viera LCD $1099
Samsung was $1340

Mac

lol finch
Reaction score
These are not the 1080p models.

farenhyt

Kennel Established
Reaction score
i bought a samsung N series 40 inch 1080p TV from JB-Hifi on a invite only sale night for 2 grand, best thing i did, you need to go 1080p, especially if you own a PS3

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It said 1080 on the sticker

Status
Not open for further replies.