If you're making a case against des, What season are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Was thinking about this and 2016 would be the best season to make a case against des.

Hodkinson broke his hand in the lead up to 2015 finals and it effectively ended our chances in the finals.

2016 Des sends hokko on his way and promotes mbye to starting halfback.

For the majority of the season things seem rosy as we beat the easybeats, using haslers tactics, And are top 4 on the table.

But then we come up against either serious opposition or teams with a point to prove

The tactics don't change, we're still playing the same style as our winning run but the difference is we're facing teams with back bones and we crumble completely under haslers tactics

2016 needs to be shoved in the faces of the board to get rid of des.

Imo that's the one season that completely shows the ineffectiveness of haslers tactics and that it is plain futile to continue on with it

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
No need to analyze a single season.
Look at our first season under him and look at us now. There's a pattern there that shows we have gone backwards every year.

That's the simple facts.
At this rate, next year we'll be rubbed out of the nrl completely.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No need to analyze a single season.
Look at our first season under him and look at us now. There's a pattern there that shows we have gone backwards every year.

That's the simple facts.
At this rate, next year we'll be rubbed out of the nrl completely.
Understand that but Des will have his excuses laid out for the decline

2016 pretty much negates his excuses, as it shows his tactics work against the weaker teams but are useless against the good teams.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
For me it was 2012 grand final. Bellamy disected our game plan, got his outside backs to rush in and nullified our attack. So simple and very effective

I saw that from the kick off, a few of my friends saw it too. Yet Hasler didnt do anything about it. No plan B, didnt even give the word out to put kicks in behind the Storm backs, put them into 2 minds, stop them from rushing up. I was so angry. Our team played valiantly but unfortunately we didnt win... One that got away..

Next season we did the exact same thing game in and out yet every team knew how to nullify us and yet Hasler did nothing. Yes we made semis and another final thanks to a squad Kevin Moore.put together. And 5 years later still the same shit, poor recruitment bla bla bla

Hated Hasler ever since that 2012 Grand final..

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any and all seasons.
Very true, i think the steady decline besides the fluke of 2014, shows the general ineffectiveness of his strategy. People say even the storm play differently then 4 years ago.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Was thinking about this and 2016 would be the best season to make a case against des.

Hodkinson broke his hand in the lead up to 2015 finals and it effectively ended our chances in the finals.

For the majority of the season things seem rosy as we beat the easybeats, using haslers tactics, And are top 4 on the table.

But then we come up against either serious opposition or teams with a point to prove

The tactics don't change, we're still playing the same style as our winning run but the difference is we're facing teams with back bones and we crumble completely under haslers tactics

Imo that's the one season that completely shows the ineffectiveness of haslers tactics and that it is plain futile to continue on with it
I would say this season, but I fully expected it after the way the wheels fell off from round 20, 2016.

However last season I blamed the players. Mybe was terrible all season but diabolical at the end of the sesson.

Williams, Fualolo, Browne and Holland terrible in defence, missed or fell off one on one tackles that lead to tries in games we lost but were relatively close.

Tolman was awful no meters.

But with Hodkinson gone and the grinding game using the forwards and no organising halfback. Not to mention Mybe & Reynolds fucking useless kicking game the season was just too long for that style of play.

This season I just think the roster has been exposed badly and tge players had no belief in the game plan.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Clearly the board thinks there is no case against Hasler and he's doing a wonderful job.

His record speaks for itself and he leaves no stone unturned. He's a brilliant coach who deserves more opportunity and more of the clubs money to waste.

I personally think he should get an extension as this year he has worked wonders.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw Des Interviewed on fox sports a few minutes ago, yes he has survived but did not look over confident during the interview.
Perhaps the board re singed him to attract Foran and perhaps Wood. But if there is any chance of getting Cronk he must go ASAP, Cronk is not stupid and in no way he will play under or be an assistant to Des, Dean Pay is much more likely to attract Cronk.
Perhaps Dib and the Board may have some reason to support Des at present that we don't know about, but it is starting to look like they have contempt for us fans.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trying to summarise how i see the team has gone since des took over:

2012 - brilliant. Fresh. An eye opener
2013 - some disruptions. Not reaching potential.
2014 - courageous. Showing charaters
2015 - question mark over inability to beat top teams.
2016 - same as 2015. Players looked tired last 2 months
2017 - apart from win vs broncs and dragons, the less said the better.

Id say the signs are there since 2015 but if we could wipe this year and last 6 rounds of last year of the record, some people might still believe des could walk on water.

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2013 elimination final against newcastle des dropped krisnan inu for tim lafai ,not a football decision it was because of image

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
as the legend Ennis said

"same house, same dog with the same bark, you get scared at first, then you know barking dogs seldom bite"

we were scary in 2012 (team assembled by Kevin Moore) then we have been declining on the NRL ladder every year, so Des has done jack since he has joined.

If the argument is made that he took the team of no bodies to Grand Final in 2012 then why cant he at least repeat the same with much better roster minus the full back plus as the years progressed he build his own team , got rid of player unlike what he got a Kevin Moore team in 2012.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hasler seems to be losing his mind and has lost all sense of reality. Is that a good enough case against him?

Last edited:

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

It's not just results on the board, that's bad enough. Who has Hasler developed? How much have the lower grades improved & who in them is pushing the first grade players for a position? Hasler was a half back for NSW & Australia, how has he improved the play & kicking games of halves in our team? Des has had control of the team nearly 6 seasons now. He has the team that he wanted. What do you think of his player retention & purchases? How about the style of play? Is it modern? Is it keeping pace with the game? Is it entertaining after all this is an entertainment industry?

They are just a few questions to ask & I can't see a positive answer for any of them. To me we are in a hole & the club needs a clean-out of the Board, Coach, CEO (check) & players. It needs it not only because they are not performing but because they are generating an unacceptable negative culture in so many ways. The Bulldogs should not accept mediocrity & we are well below that now. Unless something is done & done now then we are going into another dark ages like 1943-1979. Effectively we already 13 years into the dark ages 2005 onwards.

At the very least we need to be competitive & entertaining & be a club that other players want to come to as well as plenty of juniors coming though. None of which is happening now. The sooner something happens the sooner we can start the recovery. At them moment we are are the town drunk that everyone knows is the town drunk & everybody laughs at but doesn't realise he (or she) has a problem.

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It's not just results on the board, that's bad enough. Who has Hasler developed? How much have the lower grades improved & who in them is pushing the first grade players for a position? Hasler was a half back for NSW & Australia, how has he improved the play & kicking games of halves in our team? Des has had control of the team nearly 6 seasons now. He has the team that he wanted. What do you think of his player retention & purchases? How about the style of play? Is it modern? Is it keeping pace with the game? Is it entertaining after all this is an entertainment industry?

They are just a few questions to ask & I can't see a positive answer for any of them. To me we are in a hole & the club needs a clean-out of the Board, Coach, CEO (check) & players. It needs it not only because they are not performing but because they are generating an unacceptable negative culture in so many ways. The Bulldogs should not accept mediocrity & we are well below that now. Unless something is done & done now then we are going into another dark ages like 1943-1979. Effectively we already 13 years into the dark ages 2005 onwards.

At the very least we need to be competitive & entertaining & be a club that other players want to come to as well as plenty of juniors coming though. None of which is happening now. The sooner something happens the sooner we can start the recovery. At them moment we are are the town drunk that everyone knows is the town drunk & everybody laughs at but doesn't realise he (or she) has a problem.
Well he did help to make Klemmer and Jackson Australian Rep & Origin players. He also took Hodko and Reynolds there.

Hoppa has improve under him but is not explosive.

Kasiano went backwards, Graham has gone backwards, Lichaa backwards, Morris backwards, Ennis went backwards and Trex went backwards.

Next year the team is ok but I don't think Haslers plan is suitable for this club. Even if he wins most of his game people will still complain because of how tight and gritty every win is.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
This year, because he hasnt changed anything after we failed last year. In fact we are worse off this year. The longer he coaches, the worse we get. Its going to be a hellava long 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.