Votes: 29 87.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brissy Bulldog

Proud to be a Bulldog
Reaction score
The Daily Telegraph is reporting the following:

"The ARU offer for Anasta is believed to involve a guaranteed $200,000 a season and the incentive of an additional $150,000 per annum if he breaks into the Wallabies at $10,000 a Test.

The Bulldogs have tabled a deal reportedly worth a flat $300,000 a year."

Ignoring the fact that we would all stay with the Bulldogs (because we love them), from a financial perspective, which would you take ?

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Union 100% more sponsors and more opportunities after football.

F

fatal1

well chances are he would have got selected for the wallabies so that makes if 350,000, however, he was considering invesing into a pub( correct me if i am wrong) with mason and craig gower and apparently that wont happen if he goes to union.

So considering this investment, the $50,000 'lost' by staying will be made up in the future, provided this investment is successful.

*Karlz*

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Reaction score
Id go where my heart wanted to be. Either way, thats still more money per year than some people make in 5 years.

(((((SMACK)))))

Jados Boutros
Reaction score
Rugby would be a more lucrative option. However he might be happy playing league and winning premierships!!!

sonnyfaifan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
wait until after june 30 and test the market. come to the warriors.

F

fatal1

douglasallen19 said:
wait until after june 30 and test the market. come to the warriors.

**** the warriors.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

Hazmak

He's still a kid.

I say he should play 3 more years of NRL, establish himself as a true superstar, THEN go an cash up at union.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
hazmak said:
He's still a kid.

I say he should play 3 more years of NRL, establish himself as a true superstar, THEN go an cash up at union.

would he be ready for the World Cup with **** all preparation?
If he is serious about Union this year at June 30th is his chance otherwise Union might not want him

(((((SMACK)))))

Jados Boutros
Reaction score
Bulldogs84 said:
would he be ready for the World Cup with **** all preparation?
If he is serious about Union this year at June 30th is his chance otherwise Union might not want him
World Cup is 2007. So he needs to go now if he wants to play!

DogFather

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If we want Braith to stay we should get in touch with his mum........

Timyone

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
money wise i dont know, but id probably chose union :S just from all the crap hes had in the bulldogs :S
he will be more popular over all in the waratahs

Blue Beard

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Screw Union, it is the "worst Football Code ever".....
If he goes he better get stocked up on his caffine tablets now cause I dont think the rest of the boys like sharing theirs....
The game is a dead set joke, their so called up tempo version known as Super 12 is about as exciting as watching trees grow....and dont even get me started on Test Matches.......no wonder they all need the Caffine pick-me-ups.....
Nothing i say will influence Anasta's decision, but why wouldnt he go, its the easiest money he'll ever make.

~doggie~diva~

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
if i was braith, i'd probably go to union... even though it'll be the toughest decision.. i'd wanna move on and achieve more.

you only live once.

gibbo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i would stick with league, he may play 14 games season with the tahs only, he may not make the Australian side, then he will have to play club rugby and we all know that there is no exposure in that.

The other players who have been succesful in switching codes (rodgers,sailor, tuquri) were all established test players in league. Im not doubting Braiths talent but he hasn't cracked a rep jumper higher than city since 2003.
Plus league has been good to Braith what has union done, stick with what you know.

BOBCAT

Waterboy
Reaction score
Does money actually make you happy ?

was fittler on the greatest amount of cash or did he just love playing for the roosters ?

dog mad

Kennel Established
Reaction score
im new jus signed up a few weeks ago but have put up a few posts before introducing myself!..so yeah im dog mad!
anyways..
blue beard saying union is as exciting as watching trees grow means u obviously

dnt know the first thing about union!...have u ever played union let alone watched a full game?

if not how can u knock something u haven't tried? (dnt get me wrong i love my league too)

saying its a deadset joke is abit harsh! ill tell u whats a joke...that is league says they have a backline!! thats a joke!! having a backline means u use them in the form of

set plays! how many set plays do we see in league?*hahahah* NONE! NOW THATS A JOKE!
and super 12 i guess would be more appealing to anasta seeing as u can go to south africa and new zealand yet he's not even playing an international match!!

if he stays in league he is GUARANTEED 300k a season no matter how bad he may play!

going to union on and being on 200k is abit less but it will give him extra motivation knowing he can make wallabies and theres extra incentives in making it to the wallabies and more competition at international level...WAY MORE!!!

it will be a hard decision but id go to union..more opportunities PERIOD!!

M

Mason/O'Meley

Anasta's loyalty will be tested in the next day or so , would people be this understanding if it was Mason going to union? , I don't think so , I think people would be saying oh this guys a disloyal priick.

ThatsNikkisTeam

Reaction score
BOBCAT said:
Does money actually make you happy ?

was fittler on the greatest amount of cash or did he just love playing for the roosters ?

agreed another example

ricko took massive pay cuts cause he wanted to stay n play for the roosters if you really love the club money dont matter

Status
Not open for further replies.