If you have problems with Kennel pages & videos flickering - READ HERE.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
There is an issue with some versions of Adobe Flash Player conflicting with Internet Explorer 8 on Windows XP.

The end result is that any pages with Flash elements (ads/videos/etc) will glitch up and the browser will appear to flicker.

How to resolve it is to download the latest Flash Player from Adobe.

Get it from one of these two links:
Direct from Adobe - if the webpage allows you to - http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer
Direct link from Adobe - http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/support/install_flash_player_ax.exe

Download, close all browser windows, run it, and then fire back up IE and the problem is fixed.

This issue also resolves problems being unable to play Youtube videos.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Or just upgrade to Windows 7 x64 haha!

Dex

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
honestly, if you are using Internet Explorer 8 on Windows XP then you really shouldn't be using a computer.

Btw, my samsung s4 is probably quicker than that computer

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
honestly, if you are using Internet Explorer 8 on Windows XP then you really shouldn't be using a computer.

Btw, my samsung s4 is probably quicker than that computer
There are more business than people realise still running XP with IE8 (latest browser available for XP). Mostly in the SMB space, but still.

Heck I've seen government departments as recently as a few months ago still using XP.

I still use it at home (well actually it's a dual boot), and my laptop has an XP VM which I work inside of as well, and this week I'm expecting parts to replace the remaining WinXPs at our work.

My main working OS at home is XP, as I have lots of games that don't run on 7. Vice versa I have lots of games that require 7.

But there are still many using XP, and to be honest there's no reason for them to change, because XP is pretty damn stable as an OS, and their computer does everything they need/want. MS are trying to push all doom and gloom come April 2014 when they discontinue all support/updates for it, when the reality is they are losing incoming. Vista was a dud, and people avoided it, and stayed clear of Windows 7 (which in all honesty is a pretty decent OS now that it's had a few SP's/updates for it). Windows 8, well, don't get me started, but businesses are avoiding it and 8.1 like a 60 yr old crack whore with every collectable STD available giving free blowies. MS need more money to please shareholders, and so need to force everyone off XP to buying a new OS.

That's how I see things anyway. Oh and this machines an E8600 with 12GB of RAM, a GTX 760, and over 2TB of storage :grinning:.