if tonga decides to switch codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

craig

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if he happens to go to union. it would give us a bit of cash. we should chase jamie lyon. cos emelio is rubbish and phelps is rubbish too.

what ya reckon

A

atomic_crimson

nope.... you could throw sonny in there as a wide running back rower in the centres... he could defend as a centre but get just as much ball as a backrower... could prove very destructive, this gives reni the opp to fill in at lock when grimmers retires... that way they both start... i think a cemented starting position could well and truly be the sealer for reni to stay a dog aswell...

buster

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
atomic_crimson said:
nope.... you could throw sonny in there as a wide running back rower in the centres... he could defend as a centre but get just as much ball as a backrower... could prove very destructive, this gives reni the opp to fill in at lock when grimmers retires... that way they both start... i think a cemented starting position could well and truly be the sealer for reni to stay a dog aswell...
i totally agree

D

D0ggyStylz

atomic_crimson said:
Is this for all the 2 games that sonny plays a year?

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
yeap.. im its not such a big deal if we lose Tonga because that will give us more money hopefully for players such as, Maitua and Asotasi

craig

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah sorry forgot about him. havent seen him play for a long time sonny that is

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Personally, i like Jamie Lyon but i would rather see our money spent on keeping our top guns (asotasi etc)

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just another player manager scum trying to get a higher price for his client. Tonga wont go to Union at his age. Still so much to achieve in League.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Tonga wont go to yawnion... he will sign and will happily retire up at the gold coast woth the gold coast dolphins

A

atomic_crimson

Dogaholic said:
fit as in injury wise or fit as the poms use the word? :confused:
fit as in injury u should know by now im not one of those female fans! i actually find him unattractive :D

i just think we hardly ever buy established players so why now...

will lyon suit our style of player... spending so much on a player that we dont know would slot into the team well is not something i think the dogs should do.. and before we all start the sony got paid ****loads.... i came out and said that we shouldnt be paying him so much to stay in the first place...

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
lose Tonga and buy back Vagana

he is off contract with the Sharks isnt he?
he is quicker then Tonga and a much better defender (which he developed with us)

keep Emeilio because he will eventually become good

A

Abz

Vagana is crap. He's old and beyond his best. He played well with us but his best is behind him. Tonga, 8 years fresher and still to hit his peak is the future of our club :0)

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Tonga is pretty much our only legit back, so if we lose him, Malcolm better replace him with a seasoned vet. We have no depth in the backline whatsoever.

M

MrCharisma

If Tonga leave, I'll shrug my shoulders...

Have our centre combo of SBW and Maitua.... now that's a killer!

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Maitua - good defender but not against speedsters.

Oust Tonga (if he leaves that is) instill Lyon

M

MrCharisma

Habib said:
Maitua - good defender but not against speedsters.

Oust Tonga (if he leaves that is) instill Lyon
Maitua has trained to be a forward

I think with an offseason, he can slim down and cut sick... similar to a Matt Cooper

Status
Not open for further replies.