Opinion If rugby league was a world sport where would Australia rank?

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Imagine RL was like soccer... would America be number 1? They’ve got over 500million people and as we all know African Americans dominate most team sports over there, their big, athletic and made for Rugby League.

Where would Australia be I wonder

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
USA would still suck just like they suck at soccer compared to the small South American countries. There's more to it than just being able to produce good athletes....
but soccer is not very big in America. I mean if RL was popular there, for example like the NFL

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imagine RL was like soccer... would America be number 1? They’ve got over 500million people and as we all know African Americans dominate most team sports over there, their big, athletic and made for Rugby League.

Where would Australia be I wonder
USA doesn’t have 500 million people jeez.
If RL was the equivalent of the NFL then the USA would easily be no 1. It’s really about economics. The best athletes will dedicate their efforts to the sports that pay the most for their skill set.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
US athletes aren’t very good at sports where the coach isn’t there to hold their hand through the whole game. If RL were big in the US, we’d still kick their arses.

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
USA doesn’t have 500 million people jeez.
If RL was the equivalent of the NFL then the USA would easily be no 1. It’s really about economics. The best athletes will dedicate their efforts to the sports that pay the most for their skill set.
328 million after checking