If our club had to chose between TPJ and SJ for the same money who would you chose.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I realise the club would be taking a risk with either. I would chose TPJ simply because we need Middle forwards more than we need a half.

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
SJ you’d think. He’s been among the most dominant players in his position for near a decade. The other fella is good though.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Never actually been a huge SJ fan as I think he's been on marquee money his whole career without actually producing "consistent" marquee performances. That said, I think if he was to partner Burton who will be the young bull, Avo (FB) another young bull then it may suit SJ to be the general. Seems Flanno is more likely to fail then come good so moving on a half now, which are hens teeth may be a smart move. Hoping that we can address the forward pack after this with Cheese and some hard hitting, tough and smart forwards. We will have most of the pieces for 2022.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
TPJ and play him prop. Johnson luxury signing for me (happy with Burton and Averillo) and I want to spend big on a hooker and prop.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Rather sign Tina Turner to come up with a new original team song

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never actually been a huge SJ fan as I think he's been on marquee money his whole career without actually producing "consistent" marquee performances. That said, I think if he was to partner Burton who will be the young bull, Avo (FB) another young bull then it may suit SJ to be the general. Seems Flanno is more likely to fail then come good so moving on a half now, which are hens teeth may be a smart move. Hoping that we can address the forward pack after this with Cheese and some hard hitting, tough and smart forwards. We will have most of the pieces for 2022.
The club is obviously finding it very very hard to sign really good middle forwards, so any suggestions.
Our club was built on having a strong pack, currently we have the worst if not one of the worst, (very probably the reason we are at the bottom).

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Johnson for sure we are crying out for experience in the spine and Pangai is a total lottery and I’m not sure TBaz is the type of coach that could get the best out of him. Only a Bellamy type coach would and even that’s not a guarantee.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
SJ’s experience and leadership will help the likes of Averillo and Burton. It feels like the Noddy recruitment in 2009 and how Maloney helped Luai and Cleary.
I like SJ as a player but what has he actually achieved? I mean to pass on to the younger guys? Maloney was a proven winner / rep player and had the experience to pass on. I feel that with SJ it’s more individual brilliance

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I realise the club would be taking a risk with either. I would chose TPJ simply because we need Middle forwards more than we need a half.
Decent question this one. I’d go with SJ. I look at Brisbane with decent forwards but no halves and they’re rooted.