If only two picks…??

If we can only afford one, who is your pick?

• Moses

Votes: 68 56.7%
  • N A S

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Crichton

Votes: 13 10.8%
  • G Williams

Votes: 34 28.3%
  • Farnworth

Votes: 13 10.8%
  • Leniu

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Smokey…. R T S

Votes: 16 13.3%

• Total voters

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Mitchell Moses is a top 5 halfback that has taken his team to a GF & played Origin. He also has the combo with Reed Mahoney.

We would easily be a top 6 team right now if we had a spine of Moses-Burton-Mahoney.

Also if we have Moses that would mean the Eels would play Jacob Arthur at halfback.....

MOVE.80

M-Power
Reaction score
Mitchell Moses is a top 5 halfback that has taken his team to a GF & played Origin. He also has the combo with Reed Mahoney.

We would easily be a top 6 team right now if we had a spine of Moses-Burton-Mahoney.

Also if we have Moses that would mean the Eels would play Jacob Arthur at halfback.....
Honestly it's almost worth paying Moses $1.4m for this to happen alone..

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Moses is the flavour of the month on here. Imagine how sad all of you will be when he stays at the Eels.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Eel d sucker…
You are sucking off their star player it is embarrassing, almost begging for him to come here. None of you rated him until he made the GF, it's all a hype train Eel player wankfest. How about you support the boys who are in blue and white and stop sucking off rival Eel players.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My question is this, If we miss out on Moses and Crichton, How do we best utilise the million plus we would have available for 2023? A couple of minimum wage players, upgrade some contracts and save the other 5%for 2024?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Moses and NAS, obviously . . . Williams and Leniu are overrated. Williams had 1 good game in the world cup and Leniu is exclusively a bench player.
Williams was one of Canberra's best players week in week out when he was in the NRL.

He had 15 try assists in 2020 alone and scored 10 tries in two seasons.

Last edited:

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
My question is this, If we miss out on Moses and Crichton, How do we best utilise the million plus we would have available for 2023?
Probably closer to $600k available for 2023 (but depends on where and how they place the spend, etc)
So, we swap Flanagan for George Williams (upgrade cost: $200k under the cap + transfer fee, outside the cap. Total on Cap: $650k), and then get Farnworth ($400k from our available spend plus $150k from the minimum from one of the available top 30 slots we have available. Total $550k)
$600k spent. Game managing Half and Strike Centre acquired. Needs Flanagan to take the hint though.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Probably closer to $600k available for 2023 (but depends on where and how they place the spend, etc)
So, we swap Flanagan for George Williams (upgrade cost: $200k under the cap + transfer fee, outside the cap. Total on Cap: $650k), and then get Farnworth ($400k from our available spend plus $150k from the minimum from one of the available top 30 slots we have available. Total $550k)
$600k spent. Game managing Half and Strike Centre acquired. Needs Flanagan to take the hint though.
2 problems though,1, Williams is contracted and his club don't want to release him. 2, Farnworth will want more than 400k

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Jackson Allan and Schoupp leaving recently would free up more than 600k

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am nervous the amount of Cap we would have left if we upgrade Burton, & sign Moses and Crichton. Even though some on this forum think we have money to spend on everyone including 1 Mill + on Murray. We should not be paying top dollar for Moses only a similar figure to what is being offered at the Eels. We need to have players that are coming to make a difference not a pay day, iMoses has to believe that the Dogs are his chance at e premiership otherwise he can stay with Eels or sign on for Millions at the West Tigers

I think a better investment for the Cap would be G Williams at significantly less than what Moses wants, I would then be happier spending the reported amount on Crichton, he is a winner. I struggle with the money that Moses is asking

A think a spine of
Crichton
Burton
Williams
Mahoney
could deliver us a premiership.

To me this is a good balance two players < 1 Mill a season and 2 players <700. Sure, it will be a gamble, but I see the motivations behind Crichton joining us to be better than Moses. If CC and Gould believe SC can be a success at FB I trust them.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I am nervous the amount of Cap we would have left if we upgrade Burton, & sign Moses and Crichton. Even though some on this forum think we have money to spend on everyone including 1 Mill + on Murray. We should not be paying top dollar for Moses only a similar figure to what is being offered at the Eels. We need to have players that are coming to make a difference not a pay day, iMoses has to believe that the Dogs are his chance at e premiership otherwise he can stay with Eels or sign on for Millions at the West Tigers

I think a better investment for the Cap would be G Williams at significantly less than what Moses wants, I would then be happier spending the reported amount on Crichton, he is a winner. I struggle with the money that Moses is asking

A think a spine of
Crichton
Burton
Williams
Mahoney
could deliver us a premiership.

To me this is a good balance two players < 1 Mill a season and 2 players <700. Sure, it will be a gamble, but I see the motivations behind Crichton joining us to be better than Moses. If CC and Gould believe SC can be a success at FB I trust them.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
** Sorry, I can’t edit the question, I meant if you could only pick 2

Let’s face it, there is a cap, and regardless of who we lose, we are still paying Burton, JAC, Kikau, Mahoney and TPJ.

Thompson may go to free cash (or takes a big reduction which I doubt especially if he has a good year)

So if the choice is only 2 of the hottest names linked to us, who are you going?

Even though I’m not a huge fan, I’m thinking Moses. Our young halves need more time. Flanno hasn’t got it. To win a comp you need to get the spine right.

I’d take

Averillo (he has to aim up now)
Burton
Moses
Mahoney

For 2024 I’m ok with Xerri, Kiraz, Alamoti, Skelton and Burns as centres. Kiraz can cover fullback too. Casey, Burns and Kiraz again cover wing. There’s also some more youth we can play there.

I don’t think another outside back is as much of a priority. More a luxury.

my other choice would be NAS to beef up the pack.
A pack of NAS, TPJ, Kikau, King, RFM and some young kids gives us some steel.

Moses and NAS for mine
We are talking about 2024.
IMO, our priorities
Halfback...1. Moses, 2. Williams.
Prop...........1. NAS, 2. Leniu
Fullback....We have Averillo, Wilson, Papalii, surely at least one of them will rise to the challenge and possibly save us some cap space along the way.
Centre........We have the young brigade of Alamoti, Skelton, Xerri, Kiraz, Casey, Burns and possibly Crichton.
In other words I agree with you.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Moses lovefest all stems from one thing.

The lack of love for Flanagan. He will surprise a lot of people next year.
It's not a personal agenda against Flanagan, the problem is we can't afford to wait another year to find out if he is going to do the incredible thing and turn chalk into cheese ?

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We shouldn't throw ridiculous money at Moses or Crichton until we know what the cap will be.
If it only goes to 10.4 like the nrl want then neither become realistic options imo.
Most of our cap will go to securing our talented youngsters as most young players these days are getting ridiculous offers from other desperate clubs just to secure their services.

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Out Johnny Lomax in, he is considered better than Williams in England.