If no Cheese, who the hell do we sign at 9?

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If they’ve told JMK and Katoa they’re not required something must be in the pipeline, I’m just worried it’s a very mediocre signing like Kenny.

The only other option would be Dietz and Topine.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Kenny and Turpin are the best 2 hookers off contract. Turpin unlikely due to already having a starting role at the Broncos and he'd be too expensive to lure away (also not in good form). Kenny would be a slight upgrade on what we have but not a significant one (stop gap solution, so another year of pain). There's been some rumblings Hodgson's not happy at the Raiders, but it looks like Ricky has backflipped on his original thoughts revolving Hodgson/Starling (Hodgson now starting hooker again). That's all we know at this stage. Like you said if we don't get the Cheese we're F'd.
missed the boat twice with turpin already, hes not on big coin in brisbane, bulldogs already had him at belmore when he toured the club with jacko, club to offer a deal 10k above the minimum to leave brisbane, more recently when club showed no interest what so ever

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If they’ve told JMK and Katoa they’re not required something must be in the pipeline, I’m just worried it’s a very mediocre signing like Kenny.

The only other option would be Dietz and Topine.
I would be happy to get the chico for a 12mth run with us.. get him playing at mounties asap now he is available.

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Kenny is no better than what we have, and that’s from seeing him play in a star studded team
Yeah agree, I was hoping he was going to show alot more last night, but has pretty average

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I Hope they still have Clarke as a backup option, even if Cheese is a sure thing.

These boys don't really give a fuck about agreements and deals like the old school men do.

Last edited:

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kenny and Turpin are the best 2 hookers off contract. Turpin unlikely due to already having a starting role at the Broncos and he'd be too expensive to lure away (also not in good form). Kenny would be a slight upgrade on what we have but not a significant one (stop gap solution, so another year of pain). There's been some rumblings Hodgson's not happy at the Raiders, but it looks like Ricky has backflipped on his original thoughts revolving Hodgson/Starling (Hodgson now starting hooker again). That's all we know at this stage. Like you said if we don't get the Cheese we're F'd.
Turpin is horse shit, how is he any better than JMK ? no way he should ever be an option.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hodgson or Clark if he lowers his asking price.

I'm worried Hodgson will go to Brisbane, Cheese will stay with Melbourne, Clark will stay in England and we'll be left with a short term reserve grade hooker for the millionth season in a row.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

I'm worried Hodgson will go to Brisbane, Cheese will stay with Melbourne, Clark will stay in England and we'll be left with a short term reserve grade hooker for the millionth season in a row.
Last reports were that Clarke realised he was dreaming and his asking price was dropped.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
James Roby on a one year plus option of another year in the clubs favour so during that time we find a decent hooker next year for 23 onwards but only if we fail on Clarke and cheese.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
James Roby on a one year plus option of another year in the clubs favour so during that time we find a decent hooker next year for 23 onwards but only if we fail on Clarke and cheese.
He’s already 35 I think that ship has sailed.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score

If this happens we need to spend all the money of the cap for shrinks for the lot of us for the depression these ***** have caused it’s members.

If pay and co where in charge still I’d expect this to be honest. The fact they got burton Jac Naden over the line gives me some faith. Deadset. If they don’t get b Smith then they can fuck off.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
JMK and Kenny. Both young enough. JMK has hardly played this year if at all so don't judge him...he will revel in our great attacking coaches structures..........hmmmmm

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Turpin is horse shit, how is he any better than JMK ? no way he should ever be an option.
After Kenny and Turpin unless we pick up a contracted option we'll be going into next year with JMK and Katoa again then. I rate Turpin higher than JMK personally, but again we need better altogether.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
WTF would BSmith stay in Melbourne? As soon as Grant is back at 100% he's going to be booted out of the hooker role, aside from minor minutes. Basically demoted, back with the other forwards. Being paid what the other Melbourne forwards get paid, which is less than forwards anywhere else get paid because, well, it's Melbourne and people play for less there. No hooker money for him, not even Melbourne hooker money and no chance to push his selection as NZ hooker. As for the Bellamy attraction, he hasn't committed for next year and most likely will take up the Coaching Director's role at the new SE Qld club at the end of 2022 to get them ready for NRL in 2023, with the Redcliffe Dolphin being my pick.

The only reason I can see that BSmith would even think about staying in Melbourne is if Grant is the one leaving.

Go Dogs