Opinion If CHN wants to go to Canberra we should push for a swap

steveng

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If its true and CHN wants to leave to Canberra, I think the sensible thing to to do is let him go only if we get a player of his quality in return, I would go for a Tapine ( wont happen) , Corey Horsburgh or Tom Starling !

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If its true and CHN wants to leave to Canberra, I think the sensible thing to to do is let him go only if we get a player of his quality in return, I would go for a Tapine ( wont happen) , Corey Horsburgh or Tom Starling !
Agree on Starling

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If true
I have no problems with swapping with Starling...effective immediately
Otherwise...NO DEAL !

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They won’t trade Starling or Tapine especially with Hodgson out for the season

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
We hold all the cards and if the Raiders want him they should give us what we want in return. If CHN is still being a bitch I'm happy for him not to play another game again this season and be separated from the team.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Basically we harden up for once in our life and tell the fucker he is staying until 2022 and he is getting selected in 1st grade. If he wants to sulk and not play properly then he does his next contract harm. Sick of us letting players go and giving other clubs massive leg ups.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We hold all the cards and if the Raiders want him they should give us what we want in return. If CHN is still being a bitch I'm happy for him not to play another game again this season and be separated from the team.
I have a gut full of players and their managers making a mockery out of the game !
I acknowledge that CHN did not commit a crime
But we all agree that he used the wrong head irresponsibility :smiley::|:fearscream:
Grow up Corey...or be the irresponsible wimp for the rest of your life !!!

Last edited:

steveng

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Basically we harden up for once in our life and tell the fucker he is staying until 2022 and he is getting selected in 1st grade. If he wants to sulk and not play properly then he does his next contract harm. Sick of us letting players go and giving other clubs massive leg ups.
Totally agree we need to show some leadership in a situation like this - only if that turd Hooper is correct in what he has reported!

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Totally agree we need to show some leadership in a situation like this - only if that turd Hooper is correct in what he has reported!
Very unlikely. The media are horrible in the reporting they do in the NRL well probably in all aspects on life they very rarely get it right.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I have a gut full of players and their managers making a mockery out of the games !
I acknowledge that CHN did not commit a crime
But we all agree that he used the wrong head irresponsibility :smiley::|:fearscream:
Grow up Corey...or be the irresponsible wimp for the rest of your life !!!
Me too. I would be a huge fan of some very hard love being handed out to show a position of strength right now. I don't think we have the guys for that though as they're too busy trying to convince everyone that we're the Cleavers family club from 1980's.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A) we get a like for like quality player for him (I’d maybe accept Starling but he certainly isn’t established and could be a risk)

B) the ct rots in reserves - I don’t care, we havent had him all year anyway.

C) he mans up and admits yes it wasn’t illegal however it was immoral enough to jeprodise a sponsorship, so he will put his head down and repay the club teammates and fans.

anything less is an epic FAIL by this club - which is probably the most likely option given their form....

MIR-PROD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What if we be d*ckheads back to him and just keep him under contract and don’t play him?

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Hasn't the club spend CHN money when they brought Thompson accross early?

They will let CHN go without a whimper.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Hasn't the club spend CHN money when they brought Thompson accross early?

They will let CHN go without a whimper.
No-one knows that was just wild speculation from Hooper and his link to it was ridiculous. One would hope that we were sitting around the 95% of salary cap because if we are at 100% with the trash players we have then that's another argument and a crime against everything in this world. I also believe that the NRL has some blame in this that they make us get rid of a player, we have no choice but to replace them as we must have 30 players, they're decision gets deemed wrong and then we get hit for the bill? Nah CHN's salary should carry some exemption for 2020 because they effectively put us over the Salary Cap by being incompetent fukwits.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Tapine more likely than Horsrburgh (who's not happening). If Starling's the real deal he'd be a good swap.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
No-one knows that was just wild speculation from Hooper and his link to it was ridiculous. One would hope that we were sitting around the 95% of salary cap because if we are at 100% with the trash players we have then that's another argument and a crime against everything in this world. I also believe that the NRL has some blame in this that they make us get rid of a player, we have no choice but to replace them as we must have 30 players, they're decision gets deemed wrong and then we get hit for the bill? Nah CHN's salary should carry some exemption for 2020 because they effectively put us over the Salary Cap by being incompetent fukwits.
Actually we brought Thompson over early who's reportedly on 800k a year. You can only take ~500k (5% of the salary cap) in the season. CHN and Okunbor would be on about ~600k combined (imo). Unless Thompson took a pay cut for 2020 we have about ~300k left (sounds about right with the Lafai link). From the information out there it's pretty easy to come to the conclusion that unless Thompson took a pay cut for 2020 there's a good chance we can't fit both CHN and Okunbor in. That's without anything Hooper has wrote.