Opinion If Barrett is fired who replaces him in the short and long term?

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As others have pointed out, there’s only one on the radar. Gus will reach for who he knows - Ciraldo.

In fact I reckon he’s already been given the quiet tip to bide his time, hence why The Tigers speculation was squashed by himself or his camp pretty quickly.

Doesn’t mean Gus has given up on Baz and I think he’ll give him every chance, but he’s also thinking a year or two ahead because he does.

Bulldogs coach ‘23 will be either Barrett or Ciraldo.

Which depends on Baz, and I think we’ll know about post Origin or so season ‘22.

Gus will be expecting top 8 or a near miss. A season fiddling around bottom 8 or worse with the squad he’s given Baz won’t please Gus.
I think this is spot on. Too much on the line here. Gus will make sure all that hard work and talent is not wasted on an underperforming coach. Like I said before Gus is building a premiership window and he will want a coach that can take us all the way. And I can’t see Burto and others wanting to stay long term with a bottom 8 club.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This thread is unworthy of us when we are right at the beginning of genuine rebuild. It has the wrong title and is on the wrong forum. Title should be If Arthur is fired who replaces him? It should be on a forum that is poor in every way.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I suspect gus will basically instructing baz how to coach the team this year which will also be a great learning curve for trent.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Barrett had them breathing fire against the Tigers in the last game, he can do the job.
With new names he shouldn't have to coach much into them and should be spending time on getting the best out of the halves combo and defence in general, last tackle options have been a problem for a while, gotta focus on the weight in the kick.