News 'I want to keep coaching here': Why Pay believes he's the man for Dogs job

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Definition of coaching-
Put simply, coaching is a process that aims to improve performance and focuses on the 'here and now' rather than on the distant past or future. ... Coaching is unlocking a person's potential to maximise their own performance. It is helping them to learn rather than teaching them.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How the dogs didn’t have Holbrook as coach this year astonishes me. The squad may not be pushing for a premiership but it is no worse than a number of other clubs who have beaten the dogs comfortably. If Pay wants an all Kangaroos squad before he can win a game then he should go ASAP. 3 years of lacklustre performance and he still keeps blaming the players and refuses to take any responsibility.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Definition of coaching-
Put simply, coaching is a process that aims to improve performance and focuses on the 'here and now' rather than on the distant past or future. ... Coaching is unlocking a person's potential to maximise their own performance. It is helping them to learn rather than teaching them.
This post needs to be repeated every day so that a few on here can understand the meaning of coaching.
Kudos to you champion.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am exactly like you my friend. Someone who was never good enough to play the top grade but makes comments and statements about all things rugby league as if we all could do better hahaah blow me you pussy
I would back myself to gurantee I would have you in 1 minute with 16 oz gloves on. Only thing you blow is your uncle

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Definition of coaching-
*only if the cattle are strong.......

Is what the Pay cum guzzlers would be inserting into your definition

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
I would back myself to gurantee I would have you in 1 minute with 16 oz gloves on. Only thing you blow is your uncle
Ah yes nothing more gangsta than a self proclaimed boxer on the internet lol the uncle blowing has got me with no come back Hahaah you win

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
The first problem is we’ll never know if Pay Can coach untill he’s given a decent roster...secondly that means we’d have to sign him for at least another year to find out...Thirdly that sounds riskier than signing a new coach! Imo we need a new coach to lead a new roster

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The first problem is we’ll never know if Pay Can coach untill he’s given a decent roster...secondly that means we’d have to sign him for at least another year to find out...Thirdly that sounds riskier than signing a new coach! Imo we need a new coach to lead a new roster
Pay has proven over 3 seasons he can’t coach

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pay has proven over 3 seasons he can’t coach
Pay showed he can’t coach in his first season, but some agenda driven board members who also happen to be buddies with him wanted to persevere with his mediocrity and extended his contract when they should have terminated it , hence why we are sitting last today and are specials for the spoon.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Yes but apart from that what do we do?

Time ...without doing anything?

How much time will it take to get us out of this mess?
Well a lot of people (myself included) thought that this year would be the last year of the mess as we've got a lot of money to spend in the cap for the next few seasons... however there's no one to sign.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Well a lot of people (myself included) thought that this year would be the last year of the mess as we've got a lot of money to spend in the cap for the next few seasons... however there's no one to sign.
But wasn't the list of available players available well before now?

Recruiters should know the end contract dates of every club's roster. It's even svailable on Zero Tackle not to mention close liaison with player managers.

The type of player, and positional lists, for key positions should have been identified 2 years ago as a forward planning measure.

There doesn't appear to be any forward planning.

We've got to this point mid season and 6 months till next season's pre-season and it looks like it's panic stations oops we ran out of time; better find someone to sign.

Would have been better to buy one really good player who could make a difference last year probably. Pay overs for them rather than Britt, Stimson etc and fill those positions with our juniors.

What little sc we have has not been successfully used to this point.

Seems like that. Maybe some signings coming up.

Last edited:

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
This post needs to be repeated every day so that a few on here can understand the meaning of coaching.
Kudos to you champion.
Yes mate and i get dean is a good bloke no one doubts that but its an excuse a thon with him ,its a results business and he just isn’t cut out for it i feel

Malla

Reaction score
Lol okkkkk champ
Too many knocks to the head for you i reckon

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
He got us into this mess in the first place, signing a broken player to a million dollars a season.
Oh get over it! He took us to 2 Gf in 5 years. Des wouldn’t have us playing this bad