I thought we had the best forwards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
For a team that worked the Rabbits over the week before Im surprized the Dogs couldn't put a plan together to make big meters, complete the sets and have a finishing kick?
We nearly got got done by a bunch of backs.
The Knigts always do our heads in with their tactics, we gotta be focussed and block out the shit.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We do have the best pack bro. Name a better pack.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We do have the best pack bro. Name a better pack.
I get what he is saying,
I don't understand how the knights dominated us like they did in the first half,
Full credit to our boys for the win, but we should have won comfortably not scraped in a win.

We are a far better side than the knights, how we didn't beat them by plenty is beyond me.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I get what he is saying,
I don't understand how the knights dominated us like they did in the first half,
Full credit to our boys for the win, but we should have won comfortably not scraped in a win.

We are a far better side than the knights, how we didn't beat them by plenty is beyond me.
Cos we go brain dead on our 5th play.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Cos we go brain dead on our 5th play.
I know, me and my mates were laughing at it every set, it was predictable for us on the couch imagine how easy it is to defend for the opposition, it's something Des really needs to work on, I can't remember the last grubbed kick I saw,

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I haven't seen the replay yet but I felt Reynolds and hodkinson had below par games. A couple of times we kicked on the 4th. I think at least once got tackled on the 5th and a few other times other players were kicking (I think even Williams put one in at once stage).

The attack lacked direction today. Not too sure why. And because of that our forwards couldn't get a roll on.

I thought Ennis had a bad game but 2gb were pumping up his and Reynolds tyres after the match (not sure why because I thought they had bad games this week)

I'm happy to get the win. Hopefully it was just rust after bruising games against roosters, warriors and Souths (3 of the bigger packs in the comp)

Now we get a few weeks off (minus any rep players selected next week) and hopefully we can put saints away in a fortnights time.

I think Eastwood had a solid game. For such a seemingly overweight bloke he has been carving up every time he is on the field.

Refs were below average tonight too.

jamescairns2

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We do have the best pack, i think it just wasn't on fire as much tonight, our line speed was lacking. I'm guessing its because of the crash after 3 one points wins and a good friday game

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the subject of big name big money forwards, did anyone see Fifita's performance for the Sharks this afternoon?

He looked well worth an 85k/year contract. No more. He's a hell of a talent as he showed last year, but hasn't really got going at all this season.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's just a knights thing, we never blow them away, good teams bring out the best in us
Seriously I am not worried about the teams in the top eight, it's the ones on the bottom half that will give us the most grief

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Underwhelming game from our forwards and halves tonight but it didn't help that the knights were allowed to get off the 10 quick, while we sit back in defence and watch. Must be a tactic. It's frustrating but can't complain when we keep most teams to 3 tries or less.

Eastwood made some good runs and has been impressive since coming back from injury. Like most, I thought his best days were behind him but along with klemmer and tony he's made the most impact from each run.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I know, me and my mates were laughing at it every set, it was predictable for us on the couch imagine how easy it is to defend for the opposition, it's something Des really needs to work on, I can't remember the last grubbed kick I saw,
Des is all about percentages, I'm sure the reason we always cross kick now, is because of the new 7 tackle rule. It's just too low percentage now. Get it wrong by half a metre and the opposition gets a shot at your line by the end of the set.
If you cross kick, you've got a 50/50 shot at scoring and if you don't you effect the 1st tackle inside their 10.

As for the forwards not dominating. I put it down to fatigue. We've played 3 of the best sides in the comp in the last 4 weeks and won all of them and our last 3 wins were by 1 point in knock down - drag em out affairs. I think we're just starting to feel the affects of those intense games. The week off will do us the world of good.

Status
Not open for further replies.