Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anthony Mundine explains why he’s better than Jarryd Hayne
SEPTEMBER 29, 20155:49PM

This content requires the Adobe Flash plugin
Hard Count: Hayne delivers, defences stand strong & Sherman tricks Bears

JAI BEDNALLNewsComAu
ANTHONY Mundine has never been shy about stacking his sporting resume up against any athlete in Australian history.

As recently as April this year, the former rugby league star and multiple world boxing titleist told The Daily Telegraph he deserved to be ranked ahead of dual sport stars like Dick Thornett, Mike Cleary, Keith Miller and Ray Lindwall.

“With respect to them all, I think I’m the best,” Mundine said. “No one has walked my walk.

“There’s no man that has done what I’ve done and crossed over sports like I have.

“I was one of finest players in rugby league. I left in my prime at 24 and switched to boxing.

“We’re talking about the hardest gladiatorial sport on the planet. There’s the science and artistry. It’s not easy man.

“I won three world titles in descending weight divisions. I started from scratch but beat fighters who had long amateur careers and had been the Olympics.”

But now there’s a new kid on the block threatening to challenge Mundine’s claim to the throne — rugby league star turned NFL player Jarryd Hayne. And “Choc” has been quick to dismiss him as well.

“Like I said, no one’s achieved or done half of the stuff I’ve done,” Mundine said in an interview posted to the Facebook page of The Locker Room.

“If you do your research, you’ll see that. I will never get the credit or just due that ... I’m the best athlete ever produced to come out of this country, ever. There’s no one (who has) walked my walk.

“All the hype that Jarryd — I’m not a hater ... I’m a positive dude and send positive vibes and Jarryd Hayne, what he’s doing is magnificent.

“But I’ve done so much more in so much of a harder sport. To switch from a team to an individual sport as boxing. And he’s going from a team to team. He’s doing well, but it’s gonna be hard.”

Jarryd Hayne.

Anthony Mundine.

Hayne has captured the imagination of the country with his daring move to pursue his dream of playing American football.

Given he’s just three games into his NFL career it’s way too early to compare his achievements in the US to what Mundine has achieved in the boxing ring.

But it’s fair to say he begins any discussion on who is the greater athlete with a fair headstart on Mundine for what he achieved in rugby league.

Twice a Dally M medallist, Hayne enjoyed a sterling career at club, State of Origin and international level after debuting for Parramatta in 2006.

Mundine, the current WBC Silver super welterweight titleholder whose next fight is against American Charles Hatley in Melbourne on November 11, also played State of Origin before quitting halfway through the 2000 season to take up boxing.

ANTHONY MUNDINE

Rugby league

NRL career: 116 games for St George Illawarra, 56 tries, 11 games for Brisbane, 3 tries

Representative career: Origin (NSW): 3 matches, 1 try

Boxing

Record: 53 fights, 47 wins (27 KOs), six losses

World titles won: WBA Super Middleweight (twice), IBO World Middleweight, WBA Light Middleweight

JARRYD HAYNE

Rugby league

NRL career: 176 games for Parramatta, 103 tries Representative career: Origin (NSW): 20 matches, nine tries. Australia: 12 matches, 11 tries. Fiji: 4 matches, 3 tries

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
LOL@ the title of the thread.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Should be

I love fuking myself - a shit **** who got knocked out by every professional boxer I faced.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
PS he wouldnt even make it as water boy in the NFL.

He would be eaten alive.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
i was just shocked that someone as 'professional' as that hasn't learnt anything about humbleness

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
i was just shocked that someone as 'professional' as that hasn't learnt anything about humbleness

I believe Mundine goes completely ape shiit wacko infront of the cameras and media.

I have heard he is a pretty decent bloke in real life.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Seen his latest one where he agrees to fight Greene if Turnbull agrees that if he wins they will recognise his people on the flag and in the anthem.

I know a LOT of indigenous people that want nothing to do with him, as such, I can only guess he wants his photo or family name on the flag somewhere

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
Seen his latest one where he agrees to fight Greene if Turnbull agrees that if he wins they will recognise his people on the flag and in the anthem.

I know a LOT of indigenous people that want nothing to do with him, as such, I can only guess he wants his photo or family name on the flag somewhere
Even I know plenty of Indigenous people who want nothing to do with him.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lol his shit house boxing career doesn't count he fought a lot of hacks in a sport that's beyond corrupt. No doubt mundane had some talent and could of become well loved by the entire country but he choose to go down the road of being the biggest shit **** fukk wit this country has ever produced .
Go **** yourself with a broken bottle mundane

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Let's get it straight..Mundine never won a legitimate world boxing title..the closest he got was Super titles (forget the Geale fight in 2009..hardly a world wanted title!)..which meant he was the number one contender in that division..it's like being the runner up in a GF..means nothing in the end.. He's never beaten any champion of note in their prime...he ducked and hid from them until they were past it..

He tries to imitate Ali but in the end all he's done is imitate a boxer..An imposter of the highest order..

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
LOL He's one upped his Hayne comments.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/sports...ous-fight-demand/story-fno61i58-1227550347690

ANTHONY Mundine did the rounds on breakfast radio this morning to promote his upcoming fight against American Charles Hatley next month.

But that’s not the fight anyone really wants to talk about. At this stage of Mundine’s career there’s only one opponent most casual fans in Australia would tune in to see him fight: long-time rival Danny Green.

The popularity of the two Aussie fighters, the fact Green’s supporters were left unsatisfied when they met the first time in 2006 and the ongoing jabs the pair have taken at each other in the media since then has left some appetite for a rematch.

Mundine, now 40, appears happy to entertain the prospect as his career begins to wind down. But he told Triple M’s Hot Breakfast there is a list of demands that would have to be met before he’d fight Green — including one doozy.

“There will be three stipulations if we have that fight,” Mundine said. “The weight would be one, drug testing would be another one. And when I do beat him again, I want Malcolm Turnbull to recognise my people on the flag and recognise my people on the anthem and then we got a fight.”

There you go. Australia’s new Prime Minister holds the keys to the rematch. Hot Breakfast host Eddie McGuire scoffed at the final demand, joking: “I reckon Danny can sign up for two of those.”

Mundine, who later added he would want a 60-40 split of whatever money the fight earned, indicated the difference in the weight he and Green have fought at recently was a stumbling block.

. . .

Mundine created headlines when a video of him claiming to be a more accomplished athlete than rugby league star-turned-NFL player Jarryd Hayne was published.

“I’m the best athlete ever produced to come out of this country, ever. There’s no one (who has) walked my walk,” Mundine said.

“All the hype that Jarryd — I’m not a hater ... I’m a positive dude and send positive vibes and Jarryd Hayne, what he’s doing is magnificent.

“But I’ve done so much more in so much of a harder sport. To switch from a team to an individual sport as boxing. And he’s going from a team to team. He’s doing well, but it’s gonna be hard.”

Despite clear evidence to suggest otherwise, Mundine denied he had made the comments today.

“I never said that. I said he was marvellous, what he’s doing is marvellous. Media just want to beat it up to be something that it’s not. Get a headline, sell some papers and get people reading and commenting and having opinions,” he said.

“At the end of the day I think I’m the best athlete Australia has ever produced, there’s no doubt. But I never said nothing bad about Jarryd. I know Jarryd. He’s a great guy and what he’s doing is unbelievable.”

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let's get it straight..Mundine never won a legitimate world boxing title..the closest he got was Super titles (forget the Geale fight in 2009..hardly a world wanted title!)..which meant he was the number one contender in that division..it's like being the runner up in a GF..means nothing in the end.. He's never beaten any champion of note in their prime...he ducked and hid from them until they were past it..

He tries to imitate Ali but in the end all he's done is imitate a boxer..An imposter of the highest order..
Pretty much like souths turning up to a grandfinal after agreeing with the tigers ( I think ) to boycott it. Only to kick off and score a try against no one and claim it as a legitimate grandfinal win .
**** souths **** mundane

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You think it's an act?

I am pretty sure he does it for publicity which makes the news and that put bums on seats.

SBW, Mundine and Co. do every thing for money, even if it means talking shiit.

doggies15

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
attention seeking? if he thinks his the greatest why did he feel the need to say anything at all?
i hate the media kiss assing on hayne too but mundine just sounds plane jealous.

Status
Not open for further replies.