I know we are just about done with this but

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Anyone really think Newscorp is above creating whipping boys and interfering and "creating" the "news".

Same tactics being used to manipulate and control the NRL's agenda and certain Clubs fortunes and certain Clubs downfall.

It's why our club have to tread carefully.

What two billionaire media moguls had to do with the Liberal leadership spill
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-...upert-murdoch-kerry-stokes-influence/10262552

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone really think Newscorp is above creating whipping boys and interfering and "creating" the "news".

Same tactics being used to manipulate and control the NRL's agenda and certain Clubs fortunes and certain Clubs downfall.

It's why our club have to tread carefully.

What two billionaire media moguls had to do with the Liberal leadership spill
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-...upert-murdoch-kerry-stokes-influence/10262552
Was reading an older article the other day about Murdoch and politics, it's a bit of a read but worth it. Why Rupert Murdoch can’t be stopped
https://www.themonthly.com.au/issue...ert-manne/why-rupert-murdoch-can-t-be-stopped

In 2007, Michael Wolff spent several months in Murdoch’s company. His The Man Who Owns the News is the most perceptive account of Murdoch and his empire. In it he argues that while the compulsory, prevailing myth of News Corp employees is that Murdoch is a hands-off owner, the truth is very different. “To work for him is to do his bidding, to follow his line, to execute his desires, to support his needs, to grind his axe, to act on behalf of his empire, to carry out his policies, to be a citizen of his nation-state with all its demanding nationalism.”

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Was reading an older article the other day about Murdoch and politics, it's a bit of a read but worth it. Why Rupert Murdoch can’t be stopped
https://www.themonthly.com.au/issue...ert-manne/why-rupert-murdoch-can-t-be-stopped

In 2007, Michael Wolff spent several months in Murdoch’s company. His The Man Who Owns the News is the most perceptive account of Murdoch and his empire. In it he argues that while the compulsory, prevailing myth of News Corp employees is that Murdoch is a hands-off owner, the truth is very different. “To work for him is to do his bidding, to follow his line, to execute his desires, to support his needs, to grind his axe, to act on behalf of his empire, to carry out his policies, to be a citizen of his nation-state with all its demanding nationalism.”
Media Watch was very insightful last night. Highlighting the control of all the messages that Newscorp allow us to see. The grip that Murdoch has on Australian society and shaping the news and his agendas is really worrying.

Media Watch (@ABCmediawatch) Tweeted:
News Corp papers run dead on any link between drought and climate change https://t.co/RoDPbnK7dm https://twitter.com/ABCmediawatch/status/1042009538847571968?s=17

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Scary stuff. Knowing our luck he'll live to 103 as well.

For our future generations, we have to pray the sons aren't as evil.

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Makes you ask some serious questions about democracy. We believe we vote for our politicians to represent our interests but they know they are finished if they rock the boat. How can we make an informed decision when the news delivered to us to make that decision is potentially biased?

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's hilarious how the mad monday agenda has backfired on News Corp, I have never seen so much backlash and unity from different sets of fans against them in my life. Rest assured, the only people reeling from the last couple of weeks is that terrible, agenda driven corporation.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It's hilarious how the mad monday agenda has backfired on News Corp, I have never seen so much backlash and unity from different sets of fans against them in my life. Rest assured, the only people reeling from the last couple of weeks is that terrible, agenda driven corporation.
Trouble is mud sticks.

This stems from Superleague and Noad etc. and the need for a villian.

The guy is a vindictive power hungry meglomaniac and will stop at nothing to achieve his goals and retribution.

Is Lachlan Murdoch still asdociated with Souths or was it Chooks?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Trouble is mud sticks.

This stems from Superleague and Noad etc. and the need for a villian.

The guy is a vindictive power hungry meglomaniac and will stop at nothing to achieve his goals and retribution.

Is Lachlan Murdoch still asdociated with Souths or was it Chooks?
Wasn't it Brisbane?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
https://www.crikey.c om.au/2015/08/24/mayne-rupert-risks-even-more-self-inflicted-wounds-with-nrl-war/

Seems to be working out for him now.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The issue stems from people can't use their brains and want to take things as gospel that are written in papers. I would never vote based on what a newspaper tells me.

Everyone has a right to express their opinion then it's up to me to judge if that's valid or not.

The ABC and other outlets mentioned also have their agendas to push, doesn't make the one you agree with correct or valid.

Social media and bullshit hashtags are equally to blame with younger people following them like sheep.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The issue stems from people can't use their brains and want to take things as gospel that are written in papers. I would never vote based on what a newspaper tells me.

Everyone has a right to express their opinion then it's up to me to judge if that's valid or not.

The ABC and other outlets mentioned also have their agendas to push, doesn't make the one you agree with correct or valid.

Social media and bullshit hashtags are equally to blame with younger people following them like sheep.
Very true but the public are force fed this one sided bs called "the news". They are not aware of the agendas driven by interferers like Murdoch...if you throw enough mud a lot sticks.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Very true but the public are force fed this one sided bs called "the news". They are not aware of the agendas driven by interferers like Murdoch...if you throw enough mud a lot sticks.
It's win win for them, the sheep swallow their bullshit and the critical thinkers that see through the bullshit are labelled nuts or conspiracy theorists.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Correct. All media outlets are liars and propaganda filled. Gone are the days where you heard facts and that was it. These days it's opinion disguised as facts and people eat it up because they don't like someone no matter how far fetched the story is.

"if you don't watch the news you're uninformed, if you do watch the news you're misinformed."

Last edited:

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've heard the saying "perverting the minds of the young and the simple" and no doubt the media know that to sell their product they have to give the public what they want, but they also know that they can slant news in such a way that it will eventually get many on board their agenda, in effect mustering the two legged sheep.
I have had only contempt for much of the media for many many years, and haven't bought papers since time memorial because the supermarkets sell tissue paper which is much more effective than news paper for the intended use. (Mind you I go back to the days when we cut news papers up into squares and hung them on the inside door knob of the toilet).
AS for our club I can see more grey skies ahead, (sorry for been negative) the media have already done us a lot of harm and I don't believe that the departure of Dib and co will ever stop that.
However I believe that the hate against our club started with Gould at the Rotters and their influence on Ch9 it then flowed on to Murdoch's mob.
I just hope that our club remains vigilant and take a serious look at any possible contingency concept which might eventuate. My coach many years ago told out team that brain will always triumph over brawn in the long run. Also I believe that no one has a monopoly on brains not even Gould ,Politis, Ch9 as well as Murdoch and all his employees.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Correct. All media outlets are liars and propaganda filled. Gone are the days where you heard facts and that was it. These days it's opinion disguised as facts and people eat it up because they don't like someone no matter how far fetched the story is.

"if you don't watch the news you're uninformed, if you do watch the news you're misinformed."
No such things as facts for the media, only agendas and opinions.