News 'I know how to win titles': Foxx keen to bring Storm mentality to Dogs

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Belmore-bound Storm winger Josh Addo-Carr is hoping to bring leadership skills and premiership-winning experience to bear in Trent Barrett's Bulldogs rebuild next year.

After scoring a record-breaking six tries in his side's huge 50-0 win over Souths on Thursday night, Addo-Carr admitted to spending plenty of time thinking about his decision to leave the club for the last-placed Dogs but said he had no intentions of backing out of the deal.

"I think about it all the time," he said.

"Life's too short and I've got a family to look after and a family to spend time with and that's the whole reason I made the decision.

"I'm still blessed to be a part of this team and organisation. They turned my life around, it's pretty crazy the journey I've had so far."

He said it was hard not to watch his future employers' fortunes unfold week to week but was confident they were headed in the right direction.

"They're definitely building, they definitely try hard," he said.

"That's what you need in rugby league games, you want to compete in everything and I think they are. They need to fix a few things up. It's hard not to watch them but I'm obviously going to be there next year.

"I'm sure they'll keep improving every week. Not at all [concerned], I'm excited to go there next year. Excited for the challenge. I moved down to Melbourne to step out of my comfort zone, now I want to go up to Canterbury to build something special."

Addo-Carr's stunning six-try haul earned hefty praise from his coach not just for his trademark speed and skill but for his improvement as an all-round footballer and leader.

"When he came to us and even in the years after he came to us he relied on his pace, his speed," Bellamy said.

"I wouldn't say that's all he had to his game but … he's blossomed into a whole lot more. He's a lot stronger now, when he's not scoring tries he's looking to get out of our half.

"He's a lot stronger in contact there, his smarts have really improved, he knows what the game's about, what he can do and what he can't do.

"The other big one for me, he's really turned into a leader. He didn't tend to say much on the field. He says a lot off the field.

"On the field now he's one of our guys that really encourage other boys and can really correct them as well. You don't seem to hear that too much about wingers."

Addo-Carr conceded the leadership side of things had taken a while to build.

"I think it's taken four or five years. I [used to be] a bit embarrassed to talk in front of the boys you hang around every day," he said.

"It just feels so comfortable being around the leaders we have here at the Melbourne Storm with Craig, Dale Finucane, Cam Smith last year, Billy Slater, all those boys are still part of the club.

"It's good to learn off those fellas and I know what it takes to win premierships, I know what it takes to be a consistent football player. I love helping people and if I can do that next year then happy days for me.

"It's one of the reasons I wanted to go to Canterbury. The biggest reason was to be in Sydney with my family but I know how to win premierships and what it takes to be a consistent footballer and if I can help my teammates be successful then happy days."

Source

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
See all these shitbag journo’s constantly trying to ask the back flip question.... We are building nicely for next year and some of these guys are getting a pay rise so there is not that much incentive to back flip. .. dopes.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats a great insight in to his thoughts and vision for his arrival at Belmore.
He has definitely matured a lot in recent years, not just in his game but his personality and own development.
Very excited for him to bring this winning mentality and experience to the dogs.

Nice one Foxx

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's great to hear how constantly positive and vocal he is about joining us next season despite how shit we've been..

His leadership and ability to help recruit will make as big a difference as his speed and brilliant form will on the field.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"On the field now he's one of our guys that really encourage other boys and can really correct them as well. You don't seem to hear that too much about wingers."

That's the best line in the article. This is what he and Smith will add to our team.

Also if he's playing outside Naden hopefully he can help him fix his defence which is something Naden needs to work on

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sad but true!!
How long & hard has this period of losing been!!!
Yeah hopefully we can compete for a title within the next few years but I think the goal for 2022 will be to compete for the bottom part of the 8.

Recruitment is only half the battle. We need our juniors to start coming through. Most of the ones in the past few years haven’t been up to scratch

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He can score try's sure, but I am more looking forward to his yardage coming out of our own end,so sick of watching hoppa hobble up to the defensive line and get fucking smashed or meany getting driven back and manhandled.Wingers that can return the ball like a forward and come off the back fence are an absolute must have in todays game and the fox is one of the best.
let's trot baby!!

Jebbundy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Love it and you can see the sort of player Trent wants, I think we are building, also hearing Barret talk about what Gus did at Penrith and probably do at the warriors, I think trents in for the long game, I can see what he’s trying to do although it gets clouded come game day but “it is what it is”. Get the programs up and running and our jnr development started and to be honest it’s probably all from scratch, but these guys are a step in the right direction, it’s going to be a hard yr, but it will be the stepping stones for the coach, half our players won’t be there next yr, and we still have a lot of growth to do from the ground up, what ever is going on inside seems to be working as our big signings are not backing out, which is huge, Barrett has one of the hardest jobs out of all the new coach signings in my opinion, he had little to work with, I think flanno is a work in progress, but I think he’ll come good, just needs some work but a lot do, it’s his first time in charge with an average team of people that are not all trying, the games changed so much since he got his debut, he would have been trained out of eyes up footy, but now he’s in a game where it is, probably would have been amazing a few yrs ago when block plays were big, Cronk era, hope a player like burton will help with the pressure and help him grow. there are some scars running deep in our club, bad signings and wasted money, but I don’t think that will happen moving forward, looking forward to the next few yrs, I think this will be the last of the rot and hopefully some light at the end of this tunnel!!

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He will rip it up. You can see the passion in his eyes when he’s playing and scores a try for his team... this will be our best signing in many years, skill, ability, speed, he’s got what we NEED. And wil look far better, grabbing and kissing the doggies logo when he scores..!!! :hearteyes:

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Belmore-bound Storm winger Josh Addo-Carr is hoping to bring leadership skills and premiership-winning experience to bear in Trent Barrett's Bulldogs rebuild next year.

After scoring a record-breaking six tries in his side's huge 50-0 win over Souths on Thursday night, Addo-Carr admitted to spending plenty of time thinking about his decision to leave the club for the last-placed Dogs but said he had no intentions of backing out of the deal.

"I think about it all the time," he said.

"Life's too short and I've got a family to look after and a family to spend time with and that's the whole reason I made the decision.

"I'm still blessed to be a part of this team and organisation. They turned my life around, it's pretty crazy the journey I've had so far."

He said it was hard not to watch his future employers' fortunes unfold week to week but was confident they were headed in the right direction.

"They're definitely building, they definitely try hard," he said.

"That's what you need in rugby league games, you want to compete in everything and I think they are. They need to fix a few things up. It's hard not to watch them but I'm obviously going to be there next year.

"I'm sure they'll keep improving every week. Not at all [concerned], I'm excited to go there next year. Excited for the challenge. I moved down to Melbourne to step out of my comfort zone, now I want to go up to Canterbury to build something special."

Addo-Carr's stunning six-try haul earned hefty praise from his coach not just for his trademark speed and skill but for his improvement as an all-round footballer and leader.

"When he came to us and even in the years after he came to us he relied on his pace, his speed," Bellamy said.

"I wouldn't say that's all he had to his game but … he's blossomed into a whole lot more. He's a lot stronger now, when he's not scoring tries he's looking to get out of our half.

"He's a lot stronger in contact there, his smarts have really improved, he knows what the game's about, what he can do and what he can't do.

"The other big one for me, he's really turned into a leader. He didn't tend to say much on the field. He says a lot off the field.

Addo-Carr conceded the leadership side of things had taken a while to build.

"I think it's taken four or five years. I [used to be] a bit embarrassed to talk in front of the boys you hang around every day," he said.

"It just feels so comfortable being around the leaders we have here at the Melbourne Storm with Craig, Dale Finucane, Cam Smith last year, Billy Slater, all those boys are still part of the club.

"It's good to learn off those fellas and I know what it takes to win premierships, I know what it takes to be a consistent football player. I love helping people and if I can do that next year then happy days for me.

"It's one of the reasons I wanted to go to Canterbury. The biggest reason was to be in Sydney with my family but I know how to win premierships and what it takes to be a consistent footballer and if I can help my teammates be successful then happy days."

Source
I fucken love this bloke already wish we could have 13 JACs on the field each week