I hit up flanno sr on instagram

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I wouldn’t just yet. Because of Flanagans adverse history the board might vote against it. Freedie a while back said he would love another crack at full time coaching. If he had his time again he would do things differently.
Still prefer Flanagan over Fittler any day of the week. No comparison at FG club level. Some peoples fear of his son being a problem as a reason not to get Flanagan need their heads read. All this time we need an experienced coach and he and green, who i like less, are the only experienced coaches not currently coaching another side. I'm pretty sure he doesn't persevere with his son if he is just shit forever, there is nothing but negative assumptions that that would happen.

If anything he may be tougher on him to show he isnt showing favouritism.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He got the job over Tangles as he met both requirements that Gus wants where Tangles met only 1.
Tanlges is busy with the Bulldogs NSW Cup side at the moment. Whereas the success of Mounties NSW Cup side isn't really the Bulldogs problem.

Hence Potter being brought in.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Tanlges is busy with the Bulldogs NSW Cup side at the moment. Whereas the success of Mounties NSW Cup side isn't really the Bulldogs problem.

Hence Potter being brought in.
Well if you believe Gus, he wanted an internal, experienced coach, hence Harry.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if by some miracle the boys aim up and we go on a run this year, great. avoid the spoon and do us fans proud. we know we’re not going to win the comp this year so it’s pretty much on to 23. use them remainder of this year working on our halves combo and utilising juniors to get used to FG - which is what should have been done in 22
I think we saw the dress rehearsal for the GF on Saturday night. The balance of the 8 will only be making up the numbers unless they can muster up an amazing run.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kelpie question..being a religious man..do you feel more compassion for Barrett getting the boot..or more happy for the Doggies being free of him?
95%, yeah Barrett was paid handsomely for the results he produced and to be honest if any of us produced that sort of effort in our jobs we would get the @rse and not a payout. It was his job to lay the law down to Ferris and let him know that conditioning was totally substandard and to fix it or pack his bags, and he should have treated the players similarly. As a head coach when his penriff you beaut gameplan went to sh!t he unfortunately had a "Dessie" moment (no plan B). I really do feel for Baz because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time, given if the team and the club were in a better position with a proper set of assistants maybe, just maybe, TBaz may have been successful. Having said all that the club is now in a better frame of mind and soon to be in a better place and improving.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think you might be getting a bit obsessed on this.

Let's try this, you're a coach, you don't get paid as it's a volunteer position and your son is stinking it up, do you drop him or not? Maybe not, you are doing it for nothing so you've earned the right to keep picking him. Or maybe you do, he has to learn that you aren't going to save his arse every time.

Now think about it if you have been waiting for 4 years for the chance and are getting paid $500k plus a year and your son is stinking it up, do you drop him or not? Farkin hell yes, he's old enough to own his own shit.

Always a Bulldog
No father will put money before their kids regardless of how old they are…… not in my world anyway and these two are a close father and son.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
No father will put money before their kids regardless of how old they are…… not in my world anyway and these two are a close father and son.
thats incorrect, a coach is always harder on their son if they are a good coach. Stupid to say he would play his son over a better player. Arthur proved that by dropping his son last week, it cant happen

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
thats incorrect, a coach is always harder on their son if they are a good coach. Stupid to say he would play his son over a better player. Arthur proved that by dropping his son last week, it cant happen
No it’s not.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd kill to have Des (and those rosters) back. He's the best coach we've had in my ~17 years of supporting the dogs. As people know I don't put as much blame on Des as I do on Castle and Dib for our demise. Flanagan is at the same level as Des imo. Do you actually realise how F'ing bad the last few years have been/now?
And in 2027 we'd br right back where we are now looking at 2033 restarting our campaign... no thanks.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
im not a fan of flanno, im just saying he is educated and he would not put the club or his son in that position thats all.
The only way he can not put the club or his son in that position is by not taking the job if it’s offered to him. I coached for 18 year’s and for four of those years I coached my son, so I am not coming from a base of zero knowledge on the subject. We’ve got different perspectives on it and that’s all good.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The only way he can not put the club or his son in that position is by not taking the job if it’s offered to him. I coached for 18 year’s and for four of those years I coached my son, so I am not coming from a base of zero knowledge on the subject. We’ve got different perspectives on it and that’s all good.
im similiar, and i have never put my son ahead of anyone. probably been too hard on him tbh, but at this level he wouldnt do it imo.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would rather a clean skin as coach, dont need the past hauting us ie asada, salary cap etc when it comes to flanno.
If it is a choice between freddy and flanno i would rather give freddy a go knowing gus will not let him fail.
Besides we would be the media darling of channel nine

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now Trent is gone I would love for us to steal Jackson Hastings off the Tigers and give Hayward time to develop. Will probably never happen but dreams are free.
Hastings for Naden ... sounds like too good a deal for the Tigers to pass on and just show you how kind we are, we'll throw in another Marshall immediately.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would rather a clean skin as coach, dont need the past hauting us ie asada, salary cap etc when it comes to flanno.
If it is a choice between freddy and flanno i would rather give freddy a go knowing gus will not let him fail.
Besides we would be the media darling of channel nine
I would put Fittler on the same bus as Barrett.