I have watched Rugby league for 35 years AND

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lafai stayed in to mark up on Nikorima because he didn't trust Foran.

Lafai gets hooked.

Following 2 plays, Averillo defending at centre stays out to mark up on his opposite centre, Foran gets burned by Nikorima one on one leading to an easy line break.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Yeah why are people Jizzing all over the place about Averillo?
I've seen nothing yet.
I think people are just so depressed by what we have produced in the last few years they are looking for something to give them hope. He has shown some ability in attack, but I don’t think he’s the future superstar people seem to hope he is. Msybd he’s just not a Center.... and maybe he will improve on his deficiencies over time.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
He just isn't ready for nrl yet..the contact from fullback will end him before he starts. Has the speed n footwork for 6 but needs a leader to help him and foz isnt able to play both sides. Centre is the best position to hide someone , fuck we see big slow backrowers fill in but with the inside defenders being as shit he gets caught out. Who knows, this year is a head fuck.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Jake Averillo be better off falling over at the oppositions feet, at least then hes a chance of them tripping over him

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
i watch a lot of junior rep footy - Averillo has a played a lot of centre fb and in the halves - the way he defends now is the way he has defended throughout junior rep footy - wrote in another thread - he has been in the system for years and still the same defensive issues remain. Okunbor defends the same way - marks "space". Thankfully the coaching staff are being moved on.
Luke Thompson also needs to learn to be physical in the tackle otherwise he will be playing NSW Cup next year.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The kennel will go hard in on a kid who is played out of position but will ignore the frauds in the coaching staff.

Barrett had every right to clear all of these frauds out, all of the coaching staff and their rubbish decisions.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lafai stayed in to mark up on Nikorima because he didn't trust Foran.

Lafai gets hooked.

Following 2 plays, Averillo defending at centre stays out to mark up on his opposite centre, Foran gets burned by Nikorima one on one leading to an easy line break.
It’s pretty simple for opponents...run training plays at the half-centre-wing, left or right. I mean, it’s how we’ve lost just about every loss this year

Any wonder the coaching staff are being sacked en masse...just need to do the same with the team

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I will say, i have never in my entire life seen a WORSE defender than Jake Averillo.

Has absolutely no fucking idea what is going on. Looks beyond clueless.

What do they do during the week?

Honest question, what do they do? How can someone be so inept at something?
We can't blame Averillo, for this shit team/coaches we have, FFS, we need to put all coaching staff to the wall and shoot them, I'm sick and tired to watch the same shit every week

fooch

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Note to barrett please find a fuckn decent halfback

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It’s pretty simple for opponents...run training plays at the half-centre-wing, left or right. I mean, it’s how we’ve lost just about every loss this year

Any wonder the coaching staff are being sacked en masse...just need to do the same with the team
You are spot on - they get on the outside of one defender and the outside players have no idea how to defend it. Easy for teams to get on Forans outside atm.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i watch a lot of junior rep footy - Averillo has a played a lot of centre fb and in the halves - the way he defends now is the way he has defended throughout junior rep footy - wrote in another thread - he has been in the system for years and still the same defensive issues remain. Okunbor defends the same way - marks "space". Thankfully the coaching staff are being moved on.
Luke Thompson also needs to learn to be physical in the tackle otherwise he will be playing NSW Cup next year.
Spot on with Avo and Okunbur. I haven't watched Avo much in the juniors, but regarding Okunbur, I've always wondered why he defends space.
Any flaws in their defensive technique should have been addressed before they reached FG.
As astute a signing as Baz is in terms of our attack, we need someone just as good in defense
Hopefully this new focus on our pathways program under Baz fixes some of these junior coaching issues

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I will say, i have never in my entire life seen a WORSE defender than Jake Averillo.

Has absolutely no fucking idea what is going on. Looks beyond clueless.

What do they do during the week?

Honest question, what do they do? How can someone be so inept at something?
Some special experts here with incredible football knowledge suggest he should defend one spot in and play five-eighth. I wonder how they keep getting things so right.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Well why have people been jizzing themselves silly about how great he is.....how the club and lose all the players but Averillo he is a "must retain".
He is a try machine for the other team.
I'm not saying he has no future.
But he's not NRL standard yet.

Bbyss

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This is the worst post I've seen, even worst than Nasheed.
Tim Lafai came off when he came in defence and Warriors scored maybe the coach told him to stay on your man and he's only 19 playing out of position not like we expect miracles from him...

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well why have people been jizzing themselves silly about how great he is.....how the club and lose all the players but Averillo he is a "must retain".
Thats the nature of sport especially when desperate for something to look forward to - he is a far better half and i believe would be a better defender closer in - less decisions to make - just tackle. H e can attack.
Big noting players and signing players based on junior and nsw cup highlight reels is something the dogs club n supporters have been guilty of for a number of years.
In his defence - defending outside a slow half is a challenge - but still being woeful

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Because you can teach defence.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Thats the nature of sport especially when desperate for something to look forward to - he is a far better half and i believe would be a better defender closer in - less decisions to make - just tackle. H e can attack.
Big noting players and signing players based on junior and nsw cup highlight reels is something the dogs club n supporters have been guilty of for a number of years.
In his defence - defending outside a slow half is a challenge - but still being woeful
Mate it's been going on here for years..
Remember when Frawley was the next NSW origin halfback.
And Lewis was the "Prince of Belmore".

Rushing young blokes into 1st grade before they are ready can blow up their career.

Anyway it annoys me the premature ejuctulators carry on.