I have watched Rugby league for 35 years AND

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there any other team out there who fucking shuffles the backline during the game like we do? Take off a centre and put a player out of position for no fucking reason. I’m so sick of staff and management I can’t wait till they all piss off.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
The Coach Burned an interchange to get jake on for an uninjured lafai

Last edited:

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would you hook a centre and out a out of position player? Why would you hook our 9 when he was having the game of his life. Why would you take Ogden off and keep sui in who keeps falling off tackles. Why do a lot of things happen. It seems coaching staff at the dogs are as dumb as dogs. Hang on dogs are prob smarter

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wasn't Averillo the savour after one game. Now he has shit.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will say, i have never in my entire life seen a WORSE defender than Jake Averillo.

Has absolutely no fucking idea what is going on. Looks beyond clueless.

What do they do during the week?

Honest question, what do they do? How can someone be so inept at something?
Defensively he was a disaster,when he came on they targeted his side,and was beaten badly,but after today I would tear up the contracts of smith,Holland,tolman,cogger,meaner,they just gave up,way out of their depth

silva

Utility
Reaction score
How does Holland stay out there and Lafai gets hooked. Steve G fukd up big time. Barrett cant come soon enough. As for averillo he can fix the issues he had but he needs some proper coaching. He probably should be on the wing and trained up to be fullback. Playing centre is an art form in D. Can't just blame the centre either. Half and backrower on that side need to communicate better. Bottom line is averillo is a gun athlete and should be coached properly.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mate it's been going on here for years..
Remember when Frawley was the next NSW origin halfback.
And Lewis was the "Prince of Belmore".

Rushing young blokes into 1st grade before they are ready can blow up their career.

Anyway it annoys me the premature ejuctulators carry on.
Yes it has, remember Aaron groom, Joel Romelo, Michael lett, Paki afu etc. Highlight reels that don't show the deficiencies in their game.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Barrett better come with a massive broom to wipe clean out the almost entire team and put them In the bin . It’s the only way forward most of these clowns are of contracts and are still playing pathetically shit it’s time for these ***** to move on enough is enough.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Its really simple. Look at his footwork and positioning when he is defending on our own line, he defends like a half, he tucks infield. Or in other words, he isnt a centre.

Its also the fact that we dont have a well drilled defensive system. Even Jacko who has always been known for his defense has looked shit this year. Most NRL players aren't good one on one defenders but capable "system" defenders.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nobody was/is expecting Avo to be a gun center - the expectation was on him being a good FB or 5/8.

As somebody mentioned earlier, having him play at center, and leaking all these tries, would be destroying his confidence. I'm sure if any other 5/8 were thrown in at center they would struggle too.

For a side that lacks creativity, by moving him to FB or 5/8 it would solve 2 issues - we could better hide him in defense and he could spark our attack. Playing him in the centers is the worst case scenario for us becuase it means he gets no quality ball to showcase his attack and he is a liability in defense. It's just the dumbest position to play him in. Based on his performance today, he will probably get dropped for the rest of the year

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Esan masters will be our right centre next yr

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Esan masters will be our right centre next yr
Fucking hell man - wasnt he dropped because of his crap defense? Isnt that why the Cowboys are so desperate to get rid of him? Its a major red flag when a team running in the bottom 4 is so eager to get rid of a player they just signed and then we sign him up. Hopefully Dave you're wrong...as usual

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I will say, i have never in my entire life seen a WORSE defender than Jake Averillo.

Has absolutely no fucking idea what is going on. Looks beyond clueless.

What do they do during the week?

Honest question, what do they do? How can someone be so inept at something?
Very good prospect but sheep to the wolves scenario. Unfortunately we've been giving jerseys out like lollies because of our shit stock.

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lafai stayed in to mark up on Nikorima because he didn't trust Foran.

Lafai gets hooked.

Following 2 plays, Averillo defending at centre stays out to mark up on his opposite centre, Foran gets burned by Nikorima one on one leading to an easy line break.
Best post, exactly this....

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Averillo defends better on the right than the left, he's only a young fella, and his right shoulder is probably his preferred tackling shoulder, if your gonna play him in the cetres play him 9n on a side that suits him more defensively.

Downtowndog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I hope he is a fast learner.
Certainly in the remedial class for now.
How the fuck can you hate on a 20 Year old kid who has just debuted this year with 3 tries, while sucking Lewis's dick who has been playing for 3 years with only two tries and who has not improved one iota?