I have watched Rugby league for 35 years AND

Northern Beaches dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will say, i have never in my entire life seen a WORSE defender than Jake Averillo.

Has absolutely no fucking idea what is going on. Looks beyond clueless.

What do they do during the week?

Honest question, what do they do? How can someone be so inept at something?

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will say, i have never in my entire life seen a WORSE defender than Jake Averillo.

add Holland to the list

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A young fella with a hand full of games playing out of position. Foran that can barely move next to him out wide.

He’s struggling in centre, I’d like to see him in 1 or 6 before writing the kid off.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Defending at centre you pretty much dictate when to run up or slide. Need to talk. Taking Lafai off cost us the game clearly
Yup agree lol.

Northern Beaches dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I mean, this is not the first time i have seen it this season. He has looked so clueless out there everytime.

Imagine going to work and just failing at a basic function week after week?

I mean, the first few times you get something wrong, your manager sits with you and you work through it together until the problem is solved.

What do they do at training? Does SG and the staff sit with him and show video and work through it? Or do SG and staff think he is Matt Cooper in terms of defensive centres and dont need to do anything.

I just do not understand.

The game was lost purely on that side of the field.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Maybe if he wasn't constantly played out of position or wasn't screwed around by coming off the bench then he wouldn't be having so many issues.

It would also be nice if one coach at the club could actually work on correcting flaws that players have to try and make them better. It's a crazy notion, I know..

bulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No footy nous on the field at all, no leadership and no idea about game management. Could be the lowest IQ footy team I've ever seen. Hard to single out anyone in this mess.

I have never seen a team look so vulnerable WITH THE BALL IN HAND as this lot, it's honestly laughable at times.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Because he is not a fucking centre. Its probably the hardest defensive position on the field, and he is simply not a centre. He is a half or fb.