I Guess This Is What Pay Meant By Bringing Back The Madness :)

TheThird

Banned
Reaction score
Oh how I miss this.
NRLOL please see to bringing this back, rather than the commercially sanitised crap we endure currently.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Oh how I miss this.
NRLOL please see to bringing this back, rather than the commercially sanitised crap we endure currently.

Reg Reagan & The Knucklemen - Am I Ever Gonna See The Biff Again (2004)

TheThird

Banned
Reaction score
It could be easily done with a bit of common sense.
2 on 1? Both players from the one team cop 6 games each.
Coward punch from behind? 10 games tyvm.
1 on 1? 5 in the bin first time in the game, 10 the second, send off the third with next week off.
Sure a few others could be thrown in for player welfare/educating the kids upon the right and wrong way to deck a dickhead in the heat of the moment or for standing up for your team mates.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your missing the point. What I have said is you cannot bring back the madness if you do not have the players capable of doing it.
The current lot of players are not capable of such madness.
I tend to agree that perhaps the modern day players are not that mad.
For me watching some of those West’s games back in the day were crazy
In particular guys like Tommy and Les Boyd,
Les would take the spite to another level,genuine madness

TheThird

Banned
Reaction score
Our old changerooms has damage to them.
It occurred from an incident that I doubt that would occur today and that mentality is one of the things our team is missing.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
How could you not love the Dogs??? Canterbury v Manly one of the most explosive openings to a game :grinning:
Incidentally Pay was the captain.....now if he could coach like he could lead the team on the field we would all be very happy Kennelers.

Sorry about the quality guys. Rugby League at it's best!!!

1994 Winfield Cup Round 16 Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs v Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles at Belmore Sports Ground. It was on between the two sides very early on with big hits, brawls and sledging. The main players Martin Bella, Jason Smith, Dean Pay, Craig Polla-Mounter, Mark Carroll, Ian Roberts, David Gillespie, Terry Hill and Matthew Ridge.
I remember this game.
My dad was meant to take me but the idiot gambled all his money and we had to watch it on t.v.

One minute after kickoff he regretted it big time.
It was such a great game with a lot of heated moments.

I remember going to school and all my friends saying they cheated.
I was like lol stop parroting your dad and uncles because they all hate the bulldogs!

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Btw lol@ people thinking gay men are nice and gentle!
Ian Roberts is a great poster boy for the gay community who are generally nasty and aggressive people.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

1993 Round 5 Canterbury vs Parramatta FULL GAME

1993 Round 5 Rugby League Winfield Cup Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs vs Parramatta Eels at Belmore Sports Ground. Won by Canterbury 42-6. Ground record crowd 27,804. The Bulldogs named the hill after the great Terry Lamb on this day.

Relive a great game, a great day, get your footy fix before the season starts
Any day you get to humiliate Parra is a great day

Last edited:

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Loved Pay as player & Would love to see Pay succeed as coach.. But the jurys still out on him as a coach..

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

1993 Round 5 Canterbury vs Parramatta FULL GAME

1993 Round 5 Rugby League Winfield Cup Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs vs Parramatta Eels at Belmore Sports Ground. Won by Canterbury 42-6. Ground record crowd 27,804. The Bulldogs named the hill after the great Terry Lamb on this day.

Relive a great game, a great day, get your footy fix before the season starts
Any day you get to humiliate Parra is a great day
A few things stand out when you look at our old games.

The reffing is no where near as one sided against us.

The ptb are much quicker. No wrestling, so that tactic could be eliminated by the refs.

You can never underestimate the confidence a team gets from having dominant, organising halves.

You don't need a team of superstars but you do need halves the forwards can rely on and the backs confident they will get good ball. Then it's coaching, getting the best out of each player and never say die attitude.

The influence of Baa and Poly on that team was immense :grinning:

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Btw lol@ people thinking gay men are nice and gentle!
Ian Roberts is a great poster boy for the gay community who are generally nasty and aggressive people.
He was a violent man when he wanted to be, as Gary Jack will attest. My most vivid memory of Roberts was in a 1994 Kangaroo tour game in France when a scrum exploded with Ian Roberts decking 2 frogs still in the scrum before chasing another all the way around the other side of the scrum before unloading on him. Apparently one of them called him a poof..

But Mr "bring back the madness" must have amnesia..perhaps he has forgotten his hit on Roberts

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
He was a violent man when he wanted to be, as Gary Jack will attest. My most vivid memory of Roberts was in a 1994 Kangaroo tour game in France when a scrum exploded with Ian Roberts decking 2 frogs still in the scrum before chasing another all the way around the other side of the scrum before unloading on him. Apparently one of them called him a poof..

But Mr "bring back the madness" must have amnesia..perhaps he has forgotten his hit on Roberts

As Steve Hughes said.
Don’t mess around with gay guys.
Men in general are tough bastards, especially ones who root each other!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

My husband was so happy to see Jack get pummelled. He used to work with him in Wollongong and Jack was an arrogant grub at work..
stationery rep...looked down on everybody and no one liked him.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
My husband was so happy to see Jack get pummelled. He used to work with him in Wollongong and Jack was an arrogant grub at work..
Jimmy was also a known tight-arse. A group of players would go to the pub and he'd sit in 3 or 4 shouts and then disappear before he had to buy anyone a beer.
He also avoided tolls (and I'm talking about when tolls were 20c or 40c). Just mean.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He’s the worlds biggest tightarse too

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Jimmy was also a known tight-arse. A group of players would go to the pub and he'd sit in 3 or 4 shouts and then disappear before he had to buy anyone a beer.
He also avoided tolls (and I'm talking about when tolls were 20c or 40c). Just mean.
Hahaha I replied to Wendy before I read your post mate. Great minds think alike. I’d be amazed if he has bought more than 6 beers in his life for his mates

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Hahaha I replied to Wendy before I read your post mate. Great minds think alike. I’d be amazed if he has bought more than 6 beers in his life for his mates
If he turned up with a 6-pack he would’ve been re-gifting it or it was a brand no longer made and sold for 80% off in the bargain bin at the bottlo :-).

I’m familiar with the tactics because I once knew a bloke who kept toilet paper in the boot of his car because he thought his flat mate used more than 50% and when that flat mate moved out he wanted 50% refund for some sauces that were in the fridge (even though the fridge belonged to the flat mate and he’d never had to buy one!). Geez we used to give him a hard time about how tight he was :-).

Last edited:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
If he turned up with a 6-pack he would’ve been re-gifting it or it was a brand no longer made and sold for 80% off in the bargain bin at the bottlo :-).

I’m familiar with the tactics because I once knew a bloke who kept toilet paper in the boot of his car because he thought his flat mate used more than 50% and when that flat mate moved out he wanted 50% refund for some sauces that were in the fridge (even though the fridge belonged to the flat mate and he’d never had to buy one!). Geez we used to give him a hard time about how tight he was :-).
Hahaha there’s nothing worse than a tightarse is there