I Feel Sorry for our Forwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
ive been thinking this for a while now.
We lose most matches by 1-2 try margin, but seem to dominate field position in almost all games, our forwards are laying a good platform, today even attacking in numbers putting defense in 2 minds.
However can’t convert our advantage to points or get repeat sets. It’s becoming clearer by the week, if was in any doubt, our halves are just not footballers who can play what’s in front of them. Lacking creativity and any sense of how to apply pressure to the opposition.
I feel sorry for our forwards !!

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
how many of our backline would make first grade elsewhere - Morris and Mbye. Other 5 are not fg standard - today Mbyes first half was a disgrace.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our forwards I don’t think were ever the problem either... I’ve mentioned it before Woods is prob a dumb lazy prick and costs us penalties etc but they lack creativity to put points on the board highlights these small losses. The halves do not do jack in attack and our attacking structures are 2-3 years to old... we score more points and a simple 2-4 points loss won’t happen. We had plenty of opportunity to score points and never ever looked threatening

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Imagine being a 1 horse town with basically unlimited tpa's and sponsorship and still being shit......
At least we can fix our problems & not putting players up for best offers after signing or just re-signing them.

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Our fifth tackle options are worse than last season.. very little pressure applied
Hasler wouldn't let them kick last year remember. Can't believe in 6 seasons he never bought/developed a decent half. We have the worst spine in the comp by far.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Our problem for many years now is our spine, it is by far the worst in the nrl. Every single game our forwards get us enough field position to win plenty of matches.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They are laying a platform for our spine. If we had a half decent spine we'd atleast be up there with the Tigers. Klemmer & Woods are a top front row pairing, Faitala-Mariner is developing and being allowed to play his natural game. Even Elliott for all the crap I give him is lifting his game at key moments. The kick chase on Dufty by Elliott was outstanding, however dickhead Cecchin blew a penalty. Josh Jackson the workhorse of the team and leads by example.

Games against the Raiders & Roosters were key indicators of how bad our attack is. We had all the possession and still couldn't close out the game.

We are a couple of forwards short of having a dominant pack. Bring in Hipgrave & Shaun Lane on the cheap. Sign Soliola for some much needed experience on the cheap. Spend the money on the spine, whether it's securing talent or proven players.

Backline needs an injection of speed

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
At least we can fix our problems & not putting players up for best offers after signing or just re-signing them.
Ah by doing that we're fixing our cap problems..........

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
brett morris at fullback would make sense that iits not just about money

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Josh Jackson is our most creative player close to the line. Says it all really
he can organise a try and grubber better than our halves.

Why was Mbye taking for fricken years to play the ball after BMOZ's line break? HE was trying to milk a penalty instead of score. Can't wait for next year for mbye to piss. We almost threw a line break in the bin just like after Olive's line break 2 weeks ago

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
he can organise a try and grubber better than our halves.

Why was Mbye taking for fricken years to play the ball after BMOZ's line break? HE was trying to milk a penalty instead of score. Can't wait for next year for mbye to piss. We almost threw a line break in the bin just like after Olive's line break 2 weeks ago
I was thinking the same thing

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well we find out if cleary can coach or not. I think mbye is terrible and has started in most positions throughout career. If cleary can turn this bloke into a foot baller he is a miracle worker. Anyone that cant play eyes up footy shouldnt be in a backline at any club. Our forwards have suffered long enough, thank you wests tigers.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Our problem for many years now is our spine, it is by far the worst in the nrl. Every single game our forwards get us enough field position to win plenty of matches.
What's the point having a great spine when you give it to Montoya and he runs out into the car park and probably would still be running if his batteries on his gps didn't run out.

Status
Not open for further replies.