I fear Baz won't get sacked.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's clear why Gus was brought in.

He's sacked coaches before but is giving Barrett a good go at it now.

At what point he realises its a forlorn hope and irretrievable, we'll all just have to impatiently wait and hope Gus has a successful blueprint from his past experiences.

We have no other options unfortunately.

Plus there's a sense that Gus does not want the sole responsibility of making this momentus decision both for Barrett's sake and gotta say, because of the personal, strident criticism Gus will be subjected to yet again for sacking a coach.

I suspect when he took the job on he didn't imagine in his wildest dreams that the team would have had such terrible results and the fans would need to be so vocal with their disgust at our plight.

He is now confronted with the full realisation that there are drastic inherent failings in many different sections of the football dept and roster.

It's probably fair and reasonable to give him a bit more time to come up with a way forward that's financially and mentally best for all concerned.

There's so much at stake that we are best served by sensible and responsible thinking and planning in this regard.

There will be no quick results for us either on the field or off it :(
You have hit the nail on the head.

Gus preaches patience for a reason.

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I totally understand people hating on the coach, but what i do not understand is the lack of talk regarding how devoid of talent our squad is.

Dufty
Okonbor
Naden
Schoupp
Flannagan
Jackson
Waddell
JMK

How many games are you going to win with the 8 players mentioned above in the starting 13 ?

These players range from bad to average at best.

What little talent we have in reserves (Alamoti, Toia) are in no way ready for NRL at the moment, and the players that probably could come in (Kiraz. Stuckey) are no world beaters, that's for sure.

Trying to add a little balance to the argument.
I was a Baz fan and was looking at it from your perspective. I really wanted him to work out. But those players you mentioned he brought in/extended all of them except for Jackson. And as coach he’s responsible for that as they have all regressed. He’s got to go. Not one player has improved under his coaching. Rumours circulating he’s gone and Green is coming in as of next week.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I totally understand people hating on the coach, but what i do not understand is the lack of talk regarding how devoid of talent our squad is.

Dufty
Okonbor
Naden
Schoupp
Flannagan
Jackson
Waddell
JMK

How many games are you going to win with the 8 players mentioned above in the starting 13 ?

What little talent we have in reserves (Alamoti, Toia) are in no way ready for NRL at the moment, and the players that probably could come in (Kiraz. Stuckey) are no world beaters, that's for sure.

So true.

We have no option but to work towards either replacing or getting rid of these guys and by the same token, understanding the coach is 2nd rate ....but there's no better experienced coach available other than Flanaghan who comes with his son's baggage. All other coaching prospects are inexperienced in NRL or probably unable to work the miracles we need.

Gus to more heavily involve himself with coach and players and buy time to sort the pathetic roster and slackers in the team.

We are a long term project.

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I was a Baz fan and was looking at it from your perspective. I really wanted him to work out. But those players you mentioned he brought in/extended all of them except for Jackson. And as coach he’s responsible for that as they have all regressed. He’s got to go. Not one player has improved under his coaching. Rumours circulating he’s gone and Green is coming in as of next week.
Green is most likely. Gus won’t bring in Flanno. Green is living in Sydney, knocked back super league for an NRL gig, has talked to Gus recently, doesn’t have a son in the team, has won a premiership, is a hard coach.

Very good chance.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You have hit the nail on the head.

Gus preaches patience for a reason.
We are a fail this year in every aspect of the game. The coach and the players.

People saying sack half the team. Where are the replacements.

People saying sack Baz. Where is the replacement.

We need Gus to become quasi coach. (The guy will have to do everything looks like).

Of course if Barrett has lost the dressing sheds then yes Gus needs to question the players and make a decision whether its them or the coach needs to go. No ifs or buts under that scenario.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
No. Cleary has one in his new contract that he can leave if Ivan gets the flick. It only activates if Ivan is sacked, not retires or leaves of his own accord. Pretty sure he would also have to see out the year and then be free after the final game. It's unlikely to get used, but it's there. He also had one similar as a kid, but chose not to activate it when Gus decided Dad needed a nap.

I think clauses like that are more common than most would think.
Thanks for clearing that up bro.

I doubt Burton has that agreement. He didn't come over here for Baz, he came over for money and position in the spine.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I honestly feel if he isn't sacked on Monday, he won't be sacked until end of the season.

Pushing back our pups even more because no point ruining their career before it starts with that dickhead pretending to be a coach.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I honestly feel if he isn't sacked on Monday, he won't be sacked until end of the season.

Pushing back our pups even more because no point ruining their career before it starts with that dickhead pretending to be a coach.
Agree bro, the pressure is on him and the club needs to act by Monday if not sooner. If he's still coach come Monday we are stuck with him this year and who knows when it will end.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Dufty
Okonbor
Naden
Schoupp
Flannagan
Jackson
Waddell
JMK

You definitely won't win the premiership but you should be able to win more than 2 games. Good coaches can get these duds to play above expectations.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You definitely won't win the premiership but you should be able to win more than 2 games. Good coaches can get these duds to play above expectations.
Not so sure about that.

We have a reserve grade standard spine in three of the four positions, to go along with shocking outside backs, excluding Fox.

Little wonder we can't score points.

Lets not forget Bazz is the third coach to suffer from this.

And i flat out reject that this team is a better overall squad.

Meaney
Smith
Hopoate
Cogger
Foran
Harewira naera
Lichaa

The players listed above would all walk into the current team.

Last edited:

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree with what you are saying ... Just trying to point out how bad our team is.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score

100%.
T Balls said that Kiraz was 4 or 5th in line, yet showed more promise in 60mins of footy than I’ve seen from Ivan Milat Naden all season ffs.
Keep anyone with an ounce of talent away from this c{}nt.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So true.

We have no option but to work towards either replacing or getting rid of these guys and by the same token, understanding the coach is 2nd rate ....but there's no better experienced coach available other than Flanaghan who comes with his son's baggage. All other coaching prospects are inexperienced in NRL or probably unable to work the miracles we need.

Gus to more heavily involve himself with coach and players and buy time to sort the pathetic roster and slackers in the team.

We are a long term project.
We sure are a long term project.

Thank God we have a rich leagues leagues behind us.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Barrett OUT now!

Anyone who thinks Barrett is a long term coach is delusional, needs to be put in a straightjacket and sent to the lunatic asylum.

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's clear why Gus was brought in.

He's sacked coaches before but is giving Barrett a good go at it now.

At what point he realises its a forlorn hope and irretrievable, we'll all just have to impatiently wait and hope Gus has a successful blueprint from his past experiences.

We have no other options unfortunately.

Plus there's a sense that Gus does not want the sole responsibility of making this momentus decision both for Barrett's sake and gotta say, because of the personal, strident criticism Gus will be subjected to yet again for sacking a coach.

I suspect when he took the job on he didn't imagine in his wildest dreams that the team would have had such terrible results and the fans would need to be so vocal with their disgust at our plight.

He is now confronted with the full realisation that there are drastic inherent failings in many different sections of the football dept and roster.

It's probably fair and reasonable to give him a bit more time to come up with a way forward that's financially and mentally best for all concerned.

There's so much at stake that we are best served by sensible and responsible thinking and planning in this regard.

There will be no quick results for us either on the field or off it :(
Yeah, I disagree.
It’s not rocket science and only gets as complicated as you make it. Strong and clear leadership is all that’s needed.
I might add, I couldn’t care if our next Coach is high or low profile, there are an abundance of Coaches who could do more with what we’ve got, it’s change that is needed.