News I don't want you Barrett bombshell bulldogs snub

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hats off to Tolman for his efforts and energy over the years.

Kudos for his loyalty. He stuck around while many of his former teammates left. He’s more of a Bulldog than a lot of others who were happy to ditch the club.

However it seems many have developed a weird version of Stockholm syndrome.

We have one more game of his meaningless settlers and ineffective hit ups disrupting our attacking momentum and people are calling for him to be re-signed.

Let’s just celebrate his last game and all he has done for the club and be happy we’re moving in a different direction, led by our new coach

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Kudos for his loyalty. He stuck around while many of his former teammates left. He’s more of a Bulldog than a lot of others who were happy to ditch the club.

We have one more game of his meaningless settlers and ineffective hit ups disrupting our attacking momentum and people are calling for him to be re-signed.

Let’s just celebrate his last game and all he has done for the club and be happy we’re moving in a different direction, led by our new coach

obviously he would stick around,
he was overpaid for years

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Brilliant post, spot on....

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If this is true it’s a sad day for our club. I’m sick of seeing blokes like Ennis, Graham playing in other jerseys. Just wrong. A bloke with his work rate and example in terms of character surely is good enough for a bench spot at the least. He’s better than the forwards we’ve just brought in. Sure he shouldn’t get top dollar. He wouldn’t be expecting to. But to offer him nothing is poor form from us and Barrett. I’m filthy.
And just let him kill our attack each set? No. He just needs to be moved on.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Outstanding post mate.

Those who claim he’s a ‘stat padder’ have no clue about the game. Tolman’s all about effort and that is something to be admired. Do the same people who complain about him turning up in attack also complain about him always turning up to make a try saving tackle in cover defence or clean up a kick in goal as he has on so many occasions?
16 NRL coaches have no clue about the game seeming none of them have offered him a contract.

Again derpa derp

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

He didnt stick around. We offered him to the sharks before we released Woods and the sharks said no way.

We couldn't give him away.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Exactly. Plenty of other clubs are doing pretty well without Tolman in their team.
We’ll be better next year.
Have faith in TBaz
Penrith are going well, and they don't have a single Roosters player in their line up.
Tolman is not the problem; it's how we've used him that is the problem.

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
how do they come up with who is a fan favorite?? Have I missed a poll somewhere?
I guarantee Tolman is not a fan favorite!

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im sure ive read an article somewhere that stated Holland as a Fan favorite also... lol

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to see him play his last game this weekend, the last couple of years he's just been a nuisance, I cannot see any other team picking him up, Saints maybe but highly doubtful.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
All of a sudden he's bending the line, hmm.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Another Buzz Rothfield article trying to destabilise the club deflecting the diarrhoea that exists in Cronulla.

Cronulla will never win another competition, that’s satisfying enough.

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Penrith are going well, and they don't have a single Roosters player in their line up.
Tolman is not the problem; it's how we've used him that is the problem.
What do you mean by that? Zane Tetevano is there from the Chooks. Tolman has been a great clubman in the sense that his effort and loyalty cant be faulted. But hes far too slow and uncreative to be playing NRL today. No power, no explosiveness, no speed, no ball skills. Thanks Tols, all the best.

Last edited:

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
will the club be announcing the departing players before the game? They have in previous seasons.

dogluvver

Kennel Established
Reaction score
B
There haven't been any fan favourites since Des disbanded the 2012 team containing the likes of Frank the Tank, Kasiano, Barba, Ennis, Finucane and James Graham.
Big Sammy "Dogzilla" Kasiano is one of my favourite Doggies forwards of all time. I was so sad to see him go :sob:
He was one of the best players I have ever seen at setting up 2nd phase play. Everytime he came on you knew something was going to happen & we would score a try :grinning: