News I don't want you Barrett bombshell bulldogs snub

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Like I said, he did a lot of that clean up stuff that we will miss LAST year, he has not been doing it this season.
I would never criticise his effort, but the fact that he just has no impact in the modern game and no one can deny he gets in the way and kills momentum. If you don't think he does, then you just don't get league or you dont watch our games enough.
Outstanding clubman and I thank him for that but I am not so upset if his time is now up.
I still think he’s been made a scapegoat for our woes which I think are due to having a distinct lack of experience and creativity in our 1, 6, 7 and 9. Tols presents an option like any workhorse forward will, but he doesn’t hold a gun to their head to pass him the ball.

IMO he’s been best on ground in all 3 of our wins this season which tells me he isn’t the problem.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still think he’s been made a scapegoat for our woes which I think are due to having a distinct lack of experience and creativity in our 1, 6, 7 and 9. Tols presents an option like any workhorse forward will, but he doesn’t hold a gun to their head to pass him the ball.

IMO he’s been best on ground in all 3 of our wins this season which tells me he isn’t the problem.
He's not our biggest problem, but is A problem.
For the lack of impact he has and the fact that he gets in the way a lot, he doesnt do the clean up work that he used to.
While I can't recall the games that it occurred in (Im sure some on here can), but have a look at when we have made a big break downfield and we need to play the ball and spread it but who is in the way and takes a settler and destroys the momentum.
It is a common theme when we are attacking in their 20m; yes our play makers and coaches need to take some responsibility here also but he should know better and get the F&ck out of the way - He is not the type to bash his way over the line from 10m out.

Dont know about best on ground, but he was good in the Souths game.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Outstanding post mate.

Those who claim he’s a ‘stat padder’ have no clue about the game. Tolman’s all about effort and that is something to be admired. Do the same people who complain about him turning up in attack also complain about him always turning up to make a try saving tackle in cover defence or clean up a kick in goal as he has on so many occasions?
Hahahah mate please stop talking shit!
He give 100 percent but it ain’t good enough otherwise we keep getting the same result!

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Hahahah mate please stop talking shit!
He give 100 percent but it ain’t good enough otherwise we keep getting the same result!
Chill out mate it’s just an opinion. Personally I feel far more comfortable with Tolman marshalling the middle than a pair of lazy turnstiles like Napa and Ogden. Each to their own.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
While I can't recall the games that it occurred in (Im sure some on here can), but have a look at when we have made a big break downfield and we need to play the ball and spread it but who is in the way and takes a settler and destroys the momentum.
The question surely is not "why did Tolman catch the pass" but more like " why did they pass it to Tolman"?
Maybe the answer is he was the only one there to take the pass.

Go Dogs

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The question surely is not "why did Tolman catch the pass" but more like " why did they pass it to Tolman"?
Maybe the answer is he was the only one there to take the pass.

Go Dogs
There were others there, even if he must catch it, he should have spread the ball wide.
He chose to take a settler and killed any chance of us scoring which is our key issue; we struggle to score points.

Bulldog Joe

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
As other people have said if Tolman is still able to play NRL another team will pick him up!

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tols has been loyal a forever bulldog but it's time for SL for him

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at the ridiculous headline of the article "I don't want you Barrett bombshell bulldogs snub"

Firstly, as if a coach would ever tell a player "I don't want you". There are kinder ways to let someone down, like the old "it's not you, it's me" line. Baz (or more likely Hill) would probably have used that line on Tols

Secondly, how is this is a "bombshell"?. The Rorters telling Tedesco they don't want him is a bombshell. Baz telling a plodder he's not wanted is not even newsworthy yet somehow this story has been regurgitated a few times

Lastly, what is with this "fan favourite shit"...seriously, besides his family members and friends, is there any NRL fan on the planet that considers Tolman their favourite player. He's probably one of the most disliked players we've had in the last decade so to call him a fan favourite is just taking the piss

Is there any dirty trick these fucking journos wont use to to generate their friggin clicks...and like a moron, I fell for it...again

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah it’s awesome when he gets in the way of our attack and destroys any momentum we get
I didn’t realise Tolman had a wingspan of 12 metres and is therefore in the way of everything. Have a look at the bloke who is distributing the ball, or the lack of other runners presenting an option before you bag a bloke simply putting his hand up for a carry.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah it’s awesome when he gets in the way of our attack and destroys any momentum we get
As has been pointed out though, why are people passing it to him on the 4th? Can't imagine that he's screaming at the dummy half or whoever to pass it to him? Happy to be corrected but doubt that's the case.

Look. Clear that we need to move on a number of players. Tolman leaving now is best for both sides as he's still got some more years left in his legs, and I hope at the very least he can go over to England and get minutes there.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I didn’t realise Tolman had a wingspan of 12 metres and is therefore in the way of everything. Have a look at the bloke who is distributing the ball, or the lack of other runners presenting an option before you bag a bloke simply putting his hand up for a carry.
absolutely spot on, dont pass it to him, call him through as a block runner. He is putting himself there as a option,not his fault the clueless halves pass it to him or our halves are not controlling play.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Usually during the week leading up to the final home game the club will announce who’s leaving. Generally have tributes to players. So far it seems Tolman and Holland definitely gone. You’d think there would be a few more following them out the door.
I wont be happy if its just them

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The reality is Hasler is the only one keen to sign him. He'd kill it over in the ESL. The modern game here is all about speed around the ruck and dynamic attack.

We have a coach who is attack minded in Barrett and he can see Tolman is not required. He is an attack stifler.

Reactions: GDR

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If this is true it’s a sad day for our club. I’m sick of seeing blokes like Ennis, Graham playing in other jerseys. Just wrong. A bloke with his work rate and example in terms of character surely is good enough for a bench spot at the least. He’s better than the forwards we’ve just brought in. Sure he shouldn’t get top dollar. He wouldn’t be expecting to. But to offer him nothing is poor form from us and Barrett. I’m filthy.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If this is true it’s a sad day for our club. I’m sick of seeing blokes like Ennis, Graham playing in other jerseys. Just wrong. A bloke with his work rate and example in terms of character surely is good enough for a bench spot at the least. He’s better than the forwards we’ve just brought in. Sure he shouldn’t get top dollar. He wouldn’t be expecting to. But to offer him nothing is poor form from us and Barrett. I’m filthy.
Stfu

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
oh so we should offer him a contract because it’s slack, we shouldn’t hurt his feelings.
He would offer so much from the bench wouldn’t he lol