News I don't want you Barrett bombshell bulldogs snub

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
BULLDOG BRUSHED

Trent Barrett has told veteran Bulldogs front-rower Aiden Tolman he is not part of his plans at Belmore. This is a surprise considering Tolman’s game against the Rabbitohs. He topped the tackles count and made 230 metres which was the most of any player on the field.
And that’s exactly why Barrett doesn’t want him.

According to the NRL app, he took the most runs at 24. How many of his runs bent the line and put us on the front foot?

He’s not the type of forward we need going forward, simple as that. Nothing about it is surprising to anyone with a quarter of a brain.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He gets through a mountain of dirty work. Will be missed in defence. Wont know his worth until he is gone...hopefully he picks up a contract for a year or two else where. I am predicting a Des life line, particularly now bozo is leaving
I agreed with this until last year. He has just been slow, ineffective and off the pace since and sloppy in defence compared to years gone by. Now it just seems like he gets in the way intentionally to pad his stats with 4th tackle hit ups and not-so-quick taps.

I wish him well but we need to start fresh.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agreed with this until last year. He has just been slow, ineffective and off the pace since and sloppy in defence compared to years gone by. Now it just seems like he gets in the way intentionally to pad his stats with 4th tackle hit ups and not-so-quick taps.

I wish him well but we need to start fresh.
He doesnt get it in the way, it goes to the core of his work ethic, the guy doesnt stop he is just literally turning up everywhere...not to say he bends the line or anything...but he just goes all day and makes 3 takles in each set

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He doesnt get it in the way, it goes to the core of his work ethic, the guy doesnt stop he is just literally turning up everywhere...not to say he bends the line or anything...but he just goes all day and makes 3 takles in each set
He literally gets in the way. Actual proper gets in the way when there's other people ready to get the ball.

Like I said, I take my hat off to the guy, he gave the club many years of great service. Might have just been one too many.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This was announced a month ago. Buzz just rehashing old news

Tolman has been a good clubman but time to move on. The fact that other clubs have been able to sign him since November last year tells you all you need to know.

bulldog butch

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Look tolman has always gave his best, been a great clubman and always consistant... He has wanted to be at the club and is a true professional man..... Has done a lot for the club. I think in his case things just got a bit stale the last 2 years and its time to move on. I would love for him to get another nrl contract with another club and would be happy for him to be successfull even at a rival club.. Just time for a change of scenery for both him and the club and I think it would do him well..... Ennis was the same situation, he needed a change of club to reignite himself and if you look at his career it was something that freshened him up every few years... Had he stayed at the dogs I feel his form wouldn't have changed like it did when he joined the sharks.....

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Napa would provide more impact coming off the bench than Tolman would. Plus, we’re stuck with Napa for next year anyway.

I’d take 20 minutes of Napa off the bench than 60 minutes, or even 20 minutes of Tolman.
I’ll miss the bloke..the Dogs might too. Next year will tell!

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
We won't miss his attack at all for all the reason the playas, the thugs, The wiggas, the ISIS sympathisers and soldiers of the cause said above,
But,
I think you guys don't see how much we will miss him in defence.
I credit him for the reason we never have blowout scores against us. Just not the type of guy that gives up.

I wouldn't have seen the harm in giving him a minimum contract for another year, take it or leave it,( and I think he would take it so he be ones a 300 game stallion) and just be told to tackle hard and not touch the ball beyond tackle 2.