I don't understand Des sometimes

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here we go, suddenly everyone thinks they are a better coach than Des. Inu is an international and proven himself at the highest level. He is a little underdone coming over a long break. Lafai is good but not in the same league as Inu.
Thank god for some common sense around here.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Lol The Greatest is on fire.

Preach brother, preach! Lol

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The 2 worst games we've played this year (Against Knights and Cowboys) has been with our 'supposed' full strength side.

EVERY single time Lafai and Romelo have been brought into the first grade side they've been nothing but amazing. You can't keep being ignorant and leaving these guys out.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The debate shouldnt be about inu and lafai they are both guns and far better than brown

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Inu killed it outside Morris in his early games for us but he has also killed it at times inside Perrett. It's probably just missing so many games has him out of form. Give him time and hopefully he can get back to his best.

I also rate Lafai but Brown has been good enough to keep his spot.

Ironhide07

In The Dog House
Reaction score
Inu has been kept fitter then most the side during he's stint on the sidelines. It's code under Des. As for not understanding him, well lol that's the point. Has anyone not noticed how low we are flying? Our potential isn't being played? Radar boys...

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
You wouldn't drop Inu for Lafai. Brown maybe.

But Brown is doing a good enough job, so can't complain really. Just be grateful that we have a quality bacjup when needed.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Give Inu a few more games and running. He will get game fit and regain his cardio, cardio seems to the biggest problem this year for some of the boys.

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Give Inu a few more games and running. He will get game fit and regain his cardio, cardio seems to the biggest problem this year for some of the boys.
Not so sure there is cardio issue..Ive seen these guys train at their facilities and Im sure Des wouldnt accept guys not putting in 100% in sessions. Each member earns their spot every week. Look how fit Bupa came back from a long stint on the sidelines..

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not so sure there is cardio issue..Ive seen these guys train at their facilities and Im sure Des wouldnt accept guys not putting in 100% in sessions. Each member earns their spot every week. Look how fit Bupa came back from a long stint on the sidelines..
True but sometimes I see our guys just jogging or walking back while other teams stroll through, it might be me just noticing when we get hammered by penalties with all the defending we do.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I disagree. Brown has been great for us this year.
I wouldnt say great ,early on he made alot of bad reads let in alot of tries last couple of weeks hes been alot better but my opinion is that lafai has been killling it at centre and inu on wing tacking high balls would give us so much more but thats my opinion

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Inu is a great player the reason he played so poor was his match fitness was down.compared to lafai his fitness levels are high and was playing on his favored side .give it a few more weeks he should come good.i highly doubt brown to play this week I think he broke his nose. I seen a pic of him and his face is all over the place the poor bugger.have to give it to him for his toughness to come back out after 9 stitches and score a try .done me good for my supercoach team:grinning:

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Unfortunantely for Lafai we have one too many players more NRL ready than he is. He'll have more opportunities this year during the origin periods with Morris out. If i'm not mistaken Brown is off contract at the end of this year? If Hasler is satisified with what he sees from Lafai during his opportunities this year i'm sure he'll make room for him in the side. If not, he will most likely start looking for a starting spot in another team like Tapau has. I have faith in Hasler's judgement either way.

outoforder

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We were all over the shop against a reserve grade Cowboys side. I agree we are behind the eight ball in the fitness stakes and that can't be remedied throughout the course of the season.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Brown - Former first grader who came to the club WANTING to play first grade. He's impressed so far this year and can play wing or centre, on either side of field.
Lafai - Came up through the ranks to be promoted to first grade. Plays great at left centre, but has obvious defensive liabilities anywhere else in the backline (left wing or right hand side).
Inu - Can play across the backline like Brown, but due to an interrupted season with suspensions can't get consistency with games to work on his form.

Summary:
Inu and Brown are more versatile and offer more than Lafai. Lafai in his preferred position of left centre is great, however he's up against Morris for that spot, who is a much better player.
Morris will never lose his spot to Lafai, and Lafai plays best in Morris's position.

Simple really.

Status
Not open for further replies.