"I can't wait for 2018" - Woods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm expecting pay to teach woods how to put in a good hard tackle
Woods isn't an aggressive player so I really doubt that will happen. He's a meter eater with a big motor. I wouldn't try and change his play-style because you'll probably just make him less effective.

But, his current play-style isn't a bad thing. Especially, if you have Klemmer playing second prop. I think that best team composition is to always have 1 impact prop and one workhorse. The Tigers have been doing that and have set that up again for next season. We'll have Packer as our impact prop who will play less minutes but will damage the defensive line. And then Matulino with him as our workhorse who will get through a tonne of defence and play big minutes.

That's the most effective team style in my opinion. So, I see Woods playing his natural game, as the best thing for the Dogs.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hopefully he learns to run straight and not turn his back beforebthe hit up like a gargnier sponsor for shampoo and conditioners

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Woods isn't an aggressive player so I really doubt that will happen. He's a meter eater with a big motor. I wouldn't try and change his play-style because you'll probably just make him less effective.

But, his current play-style isn't a bad thing. Especially, if you have Klemmer playing second prop. I think that best team composition is to always have 1 impact prop and one workhorse. The Tigers have been doing that and have set that up again for next season. We'll have Packer as our impact prop who will play less minutes but will damage the defensive line. And then Matulino with him as our workhorse who will get through a tonne of defence and play big minutes.

That's the most effective team style in my opinion. So, I see Woods playing his natural game, as the best thing for the Dogs.
Tigers forward pack has been custard for years

Tacky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Tigers forward pack has been custard for years
I'll give you that but, the Bulldogs pack has been the most unfit for years. They could do with a workhorse prop.

Status
Not open for further replies.