I can judge a person by the way their car is kept

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm moving to the area that can be classed as Sefton/Yagoona/Birrong. (Sefton officially but closer to Birrong and Yagoona)

It's ok when I'm not working I know the best times and virtually every road in Bankstown.

Also going to get a new bike.
I've sussed out the best way to ride to Bankstown from where I'm moving.
Sounds like you have done your planning! I live in padstow and travel through bankstown most days and the traffic has increased.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Sounds like you have done your planning! I live in padstow and travel through bankstown most days and the traffic has increased.
My dad and brother live at Padstow.

That's a nice area in my opinion.

Yes traffic is horrible because of poor road planning a long time ago.

Again look at the map. Big mistake was not bridging Elizabeth drive to link up with Newbridge road! Instead they built a major shopping centre through it!

I swear the slogan of NSW should be "thinking for the moment".

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The real question is can you judge a wella woman by the way she wears her hair

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have a look on ebay "Mr Fix 9H" good cheap ceramic coating for your car.

Car looks tops and sheets water.

At about $5 per 30ml, renters / rough as guts people have no excuses not to bead and sheet water off their cars as well as enjoying a show car finish.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Car-Polish-9H-Hydrophobic-Glass-Coating-Protecting-Ceramic-Coat-Anti-scratch-New/352485017675?_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIM.MBE&ao=2&asc=20180306143916&meid=982521fb6168457a8caae226e4357218&pid=100935&rk=7&rkt=12&sd=401528257140&itm=352485017675&_trksid=p2056116.c100935.m2460

Just forgo one pack of smokes and your home

Last edited:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Have a look on ebay "Mr Fix 9H" good cheap ceramic coating for your car.

Car looks tops and sheets water.

At about $5 per 30ml, renters / rough as guts people have no excuses not to bead and sheet water off their cars as well as enjoying a show car finish.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Car-Polish-9H-Hydrophobic-Glass-Coating-Protecting-Ceramic-Coat-Anti-scratch-New/352485017675?_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIM.MBE&ao=2&asc=20180306143916&meid=982521fb6168457a8caae226e4357218&pid=100935&rk=7&rkt=12&sd=401528257140&itm=352485017675&_trksid=p2056116.c100935.m2460

Just forgo one pack of smokes and your home
Whole lot of trouble for not much benefit... you've sold us on lies!

Ceramic Coating Myths:

Your vehicle will be scratch proof.
Some companies will even go as far as showing their coating being keyed or scratched with a lighter. The truth is, ceramic coatings are scratch resistant, NOT scratch proof. There’s a big difference. A fancy water resistant watch will work fine if you accidentally leave it on in the shower. Point a pressure washer at it for hours however, and you’re likely to run into some problems.

The same logic applies to your ceramic coating. If you follow proper safe washing procedures, you’ll see a huge decline in swirl marks and wash marring. If you wash your car with steel wool though, it’s not going to save you. When the crazy guy you cut off on the highway keys your car in the parking lot, you’ll be heading to the body shop no matter what. You’ll also be paying to replace your coating as well.

Eliminate the Risk of Water Spotting
A normal drop of water contains a certain amount of dirt or minerals. When water evaporates on your vehicle’s surface, the minerals are left behind, creating visible spots. Detailers and consumers may assume that the hydrophobic quality of a Ceramic Coating will eliminate water spotting, since water slides of the coated surface. While it is true that some water will be repelled from the hydrophobic surface, other water droplets will bead and remain on the vehicle, creating the opportunity for water-spotting.

Ceramic coatings are meant for people who don’t take care of their cars.
The truth is the exact opposite. Despite their high levels of protection, the reality is that ceramic coatings just don’t like getting overly dirty. In my experience, leaving dirt and grime on a coating for a long period time makes it harder to clean. The contaminants will stick to it and your PH-neutral soap will have a hard time getting them off. The best way to care for your coating is to wash it carefully, and often. The benefits of a coating are much more apparent when it’s kept clean.

Your vehicle will be protected from stone chips.
Ceramic coatings are not thick or flexible enough to absorb the impact of a rock hitting your paint at highway speed. The only way to protect your paint from stone chips is with a high quality paint protection film. These films tend to be much more expensive than ceramic coatings.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was raining today...I can never get accused of not having the best beads in town.. this is a 20 year old camry. Anyone with a newer car but lesser beads than this should be completely ashamed.

20181115_210526.jpg

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Was raining today...I can never get accused of not having the best beads in town.. this is a 20 year old camry. Anyone with a newer car but lesser beads than this should be completely ashamed.

View attachment 8172
Water shouldn't bead, it should just run off, otherwise when it dries it ends up water spotting the paint.

My car has less water on it when it rains.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whole lot of trouble for not much benefit... you've sold us on lies!

Ceramic Coating Myths:

Your vehicle will be scratch proof.
Some companies will even go as far as showing their coating being keyed or scratched with a lighter. The truth is, ceramic coatings are scratch resistant, NOT scratch proof. There’s a big difference. A fancy water resistant watch will work fine if you accidentally leave it on in the shower. Point a pressure washer at it for hours however, and you’re likely to run into some problems.

The same logic applies to your ceramic coating. If you follow proper safe washing procedures, you’ll see a huge decline in swirl marks and wash marring. If you wash your car with steel wool though, it’s not going to save you. When the crazy guy you cut off on the highway keys your car in the parking lot, you’ll be heading to the body shop no matter what. You’ll also be paying to replace your coating as well.

Eliminate the Risk of Water Spotting
A normal drop of water contains a certain amount of dirt or minerals. When water evaporates on your vehicle’s surface, the minerals are left behind, creating visible spots. Detailers and consumers may assume that the hydrophobic quality of a Ceramic Coating will eliminate water spotting, since water slides of the coated surface. While it is true that some water will be repelled from the hydrophobic surface, other water droplets will bead and remain on the vehicle, creating the opportunity for water-spotting.

Ceramic coatings are meant for people who don’t take care of their cars.
The truth is the exact opposite. Despite their high levels of protection, the reality is that ceramic coatings just don’t like getting overly dirty. In my experience, leaving dirt and grime on a coating for a long period time makes it harder to clean. The contaminants will stick to it and your PH-neutral soap will have a hard time getting them off. The best way to care for your coating is to wash it carefully, and often. The benefits of a coating are much more apparent when it’s kept clean.

Your vehicle will be protected from stone chips.
Ceramic coatings are not thick or flexible enough to absorb the impact of a rock hitting your paint at highway speed. The only way to protect your paint from stone chips is with a high quality paint protection film. These films tend to be much more expensive than ceramic coatings.
Agree with much stated above. They dont prevent scratches or stone chips.

But bird bombs have little hope, treated cars tend to look cleaner for longer, produce incredible depth and gloss, resist water etching and uv fading. Makes for easier cleaning as contaminants dont stick.

Overall huge benefits in ceramic coating. Will easily retain value in resale over a few years compared to non treated weathered surfaces.

For $4 on ebay.. even renters have no excuses. Like i said give up one pack of smokes and your home (figurately speaking as renters dont own a home)

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who judges people by beading water on their car? Or people who rent. Lol get fucked. What a fucking tool. Dumbest thread on here at the moment. By the way, birds don't know you have your fully sick wax on, so I don't think they 'don't dare bomb your car' because their shit will just slide off. Lol ffs what a dick

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who judges people by beading water on their car? Or people who rent. Lol get fucked. What a fucking tool. Dumbest thread on here at the moment. By the way, birds don't know you have your fully sick wax on, so I don't think they 'don't dare bomb your car' because their shit will just slide off. Lol ffs what a dick
Its no different to walking around with a dirty shirt or old shabby shoes, hair in a mess.

If you dont take pride in your appearance or take care of your belongings, keep your lawn mowed, what kind of a person are you?

Renters especially, they dont have a home so their most expensive asset is usually their car. If they cannot take care of that and apply a wax every now and then = rough as guts

Last edited:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Its no different to walking around with a dirty shirt or old shabby shoes, hair in a mess.

If you dont take pride in your appearance or take care of your belongings what kind of a person are you?

Renters especially, they dont have a home so their most expensive asset is usually their car. If they cannot take care of that and apply a wax every now and then = rough as guts
Your theory is incorrect sir. I rent my house and they are the best tenants you could ask for. House is always neat and tidy and in good order, rent is always on time, problems are reported to the agency, no problem whatsoever.

In fact he takes care of my house more than he does his car.

Last edited:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've driven a 4wd for most of my life. If other 4wds I see don't have a healthy looking coat of mud, I assume they are not using them correctly.

If my car started looking like crap and it bothers me I'll trade it for a newer model.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I've driven a 4wd for most of my life. If other 4wds I see don't have a healthy looking coat of mud, I assume they are not using them correctly.

If my car started looking like crap and it bothers me I'll trade it for a newer model.

Wahesh

Reaction score
You what the funny thing is though? My aunty ALSO had a 20 year old Toyota Camry. The paint started fading badly to the point where you could tell the spectra had been fully worn off. You cannot control the intensity of the sun etc and if you don't have room for all your cars in the garage it doesn't show any indication of who you are as a person.

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

If you dont take pride in your appearance or take care of your belongings what kind of a person are you?

You seriously have no idea do you?
I own my house but my car doesn't bead up when it rains? What's that make me?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

And you think someone will pay for your roughie stinkin car? Buyers want mint condition, not rough as guts... unless you willing to really take a bath on the price. I mean a giveaway price

Last edited:

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You what the funny thing is though? My aunty ALSO had a 20 year old Toyota Camry. The paint started fading badly to the point where you could tell the spectra had been fully worn off. You cannot control the intensity of the sun etc and if you don't have room for all your cars in the garage it doesn't show any indication of who you are as a person.
Dont mean to be disrespectful but i also have a 20 year old camry with perfect paint. Because someone bothered to apply a coat of wax here and there. They give uv protection and keep the acidic morning due and tree sap at bay. Cars need maintenence and a bit of care to last a long time. You are the perfect case study.

Thats whats wrong with people of today. Never want to service their cars, dont clean them, put cheap fuel in, then whinge when they break down and the cars look like arse.

It costs them money in the long run as they have to upgrade sooner, get a big loan, pay interest and get hammered with depreciation again. All because they are lazy and cant apply a coat of wax

But moreso i see it as a personal respect thing, to be a good citizen, clean car, clean shirt, well kept gardens, neat hairstyles, it all goes together as a package

Last edited:

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s just a car ffs.
Who cares? If someone doesn’t want to look after or clean their car then it’s their God given right!

Next thing you’re going to say James Packer is more rich than my homeless friends who live at Pyrmont!

Status
Not open for further replies.