I bought tickets of Ebay and I think they're fake... help please!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Your Mum

Jorgie
Reaction score
Ok i need some help with this guys. I bought Concert tickets of ebay last week for christmas presents and i got them in the mail last week. The tickets I got where those print off ones though, which i thought was a bit funny cause how do i know the guys isnt selling the same tickets over and over again and just re-printing them off.

Anyways i just recieevd an email from ebay saying the guys account has been suspended etc

"Our records show that you were a bidder or buyer of one or more of this seller's items. We recently removed the seller's active listings and suspended their trading privileges. Due to privacy concerns we cannot share further details about this seller.

If the seller asks you to complete this transaction outside of eBay, we strongly recommend you do not proceed with the transaction. Transactions for items listed on eBay but completed off the eBay site are not covered by PayPal Buyer Protection and may be subject to fraud.

For more information on trading outside eBay, go to:

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/rfe-spam-non-ebay-sale.html

If you have already paid for this item but have not received it, you should take all possible steps to receive reimbursement. "

Now i don't know what to do. Has the guy been taken off because he was selling the same tickets more than once or has he been taking off just for the fact that he has been selling tickets on ebay? Any help on resolving this would be great.

All his information has been taken off ebay and I don't know if i should just try and get my money back through pay pal and just tell them i never recieved the tickets or not? Help guys? please!!

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
yep you got jipped after reading halfway in

the only way I would trust buying tickets off ebay is if the location is sydney and you're able to pick the tickets up

=Sarah=

Long live MJ
Reaction score
awwww jorgie!!!!

how much did u pay may i ask??

i'd say you wont see that money again =(

maybe go 2 the cops??

K

kennyy

Cops wont do anything. Personally i'd just learn and move on :/

Lord Almighty

The Wogerator
Reaction score
You'd want the tickets to be ticketek printed ones man not print offs. Although I guess you wouldn't have known unless he told you in the ad.

I'm sure you can dispute it with ebay although there prob some clause in their fine print ruling that out.

Were they Bon Jovi or something. Jeez I hope you didn't pay too much.

Your Mum

Jorgie
Reaction score
They were santana tickets. They were a combined birthday and xmas present for Evan's parents. $440.

I might just tell pay pal i havent recieved them yet.

-alex-

fiesty midget
Reaction score
I deadset always pack sht when i get stuff off ebay, especially if something takes over 2 weeks to get delivered! but so far I have not had a problem with them usually I wouldnt spend more then 100$ on an ebay purchase in the slim chance that something like this happens.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
serves you right for doing it VIA e bay

BumAcid

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
serves you right for doing it VIA e bay

Yeah, a bit harsh but spot on. Buying tickets off eBay supports these clowns and robs the average punter of the chance of getting a ticket...

Lord Almighty

The Wogerator
Reaction score
I deadset always pack sht when i get stuff off ebay, especially if something takes over 2 weeks to get delivered! but so far I have not had a problem with them usually I wouldnt spend more then 100$ on an ebay purchase in the slim chance that something like this happens.
me 2
i always look at feedback and ratings
usually the bigger businesses are the ones to not buy off

most occasional seller just want to sell their goods and make a transaction

im thinking of cancelling gym m'ship and buying some weights, bench press, + few other things and the place im getting it from has never had a bad rating plus their actual shop is in sydney so it should be all good.

Mr Bulldogs

Kennel Legend
Administrator
Reaction score
TBH my guess is he has been suspended for selling tickets on ebay.
Don't be too sure that you have been ripped off just yet.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I looked into buying tickets ages ago and every second person had like 40 negative feedbacks in a row with people complaining that they lost hundreds of dollars

that steered me away from buying tix from ebay

Your Mum

Jorgie
Reaction score
TBH my guess is he has been suspended for selling tickets on ebay.
Don't be too sure that you have been ripped off just yet.
Thats what i'm hoping for but the tickets i actually got in the mail where those ezy ticket print off things not the actual tickets you get sent to you. I have no idea whether these are legit or whether the guys has printed off dozens of them and is just selling the same tickets over and over again.

Thats another thing i'm annoyed about, the guy should of told me they were print offs and not the actual tickets.

T

TdoggBulldog

well if they are print offs

just make SURE they get there first.... before any other person with the print offs get in lol

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Thats what i'm hoping for but the tickets i actually got in the mail where those ezy ticket print off things not the actual tickets you get sent to you. I have no idea whether these are legit or whether the guys has printed off dozens of them and is just selling the same tickets over and over again.

Thats another thing i'm annoyed about, the guy should of told me they were print offs and not the actual tickets.
i have bought a couple of print offs in the past on ebay and had no issue with them but they are still a risk... contact ticketek and give them the transaction number on the ticket to see if its legit or not

other than that... this is on the paypal website resolution centre

Resolution Centre - Open a Dispute

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We know that it's never pleasant to have a problem with a transaction. By opening a dispute in the Resolution Centre, you can contact the seller, keep track of your communication, and resolve the problem as quickly as possible.

Most disputes can be resolved through communication and it's best to contact the seller as soon as you recognise a potential problem. You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre within 45 calendar days of payment.

If you're unable to resolve the dispute, you can ask PayPal to investigate by escalating the dispute to a claim. You must escalate to a claim within 20 calendar days of the date the dispute was opened.

How does the dispute process work?

Reasons for opening a dispute:

Item not received: You paid for an item but never received it
Item significantly not as described: You received an item that was significantly different than the seller's description

Enter Transaction ID

Know your Transaction ID? Enter the Transaction ID for the payment you are disputing and click Continue.

Don't know your Transaction ID? Click Select Transaction ID to see your most recent transactions, select the transaction and click Continue.
hth

dogsrareligion

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I would also contact your finanicial institution to lodge a dispute.

Tell your financial organisation that you havent recieved the goods. It will take 6 to 8 weeks for the dispute to be resolved.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Poor Jorgie, you've been conned..

If it's possible, i would try and find out who this person is and beat the living **** out of him/her :devil:

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh BTW, i owe Ebay like 25 bucks for advertising something i never sold - like WTF? Im not paying for it! I had no idea i had to pay it if i never sold the product!!

They're so desperate for my 25 bucks they even call up my home phone the bastards! Sum asian dude with an accent is always on the other line

M

MikeyP..

not a smart idea to buy tickets online, well you can always learn from you mistakes..

Status
Not open for further replies.