I’m done

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am fvcking disgusted in the lot of you. You all have the audacity to accuse the players of not wearing their jersey with pride, win lose or draw when you won't do it yourselves. You are becoming what they call "fair weather supporters" and only follow the teams that are winning. Yeah we all know that there are problems and they fall equally on the players as well as the coach. If you keep chasing players and coaches this rebuild will never end as it will keep resetting every change. The solution is not so difficult, yes the assistant coaches need to go we are just not conditioned sufficiently to keep up with the pace of the modern game, Gus also needs to tell Baz to chuck his you beaut clipboard with the fancy and tricky Penriff moves in the bin and develope a simplified yet unique gameplan built around the players strengths and talents and finally we need a captain that has the charisma and strength to keep the team focussed through those tough periods of the game. I have been a passionate supporter of the Blue and Whites for over 60 years and I don't intend on wasting all of those years by walking away just because the team is languishing at the bottom due to a decade of poor decisions and mismanagement by previous administrations. Let the team work on who they want to be because as supporters we are now the 'Dogs of War'....... rant over.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
The oldest loyal Kennelers were done by that game and thank goodness that reflected in the action taken by the Club. What we experienced in that game was so shocking, the cracks were split wide open to see that this team needs a full overhaul and the coaching staff are a joke. I do feel sorry for Barrett though - he needs to stay an assistant coach in the game - he does not know how to be direct with players around their bullshit performances.

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The clothes are out of the bag back in the drawer
Barrett was never a fit for our club
We were kidding ourselves if we thought that
My opinion Ennis or Dymock old dogs that's been our winning formula bar hasler but we know how that ended
Don't trust flano
Bar the coach 11 of the 13 gave up last friday...soft as butter

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am fvcking disgusted in the lot of you. You all have the audacity to accuse the players of not wearing their jersey with pride, win lose or draw when you won't do it yourselves. You are becoming what they call "fair weather supporters" and only follow the teams that are winning. Yeah we all know that there are problems and they fall equally on the players as well as the coach. If you keep chasing players and coaches this rebuild will never end as it will keep resetting every change. The solution is not so difficult, yes the assistant coaches need to go we are just not conditioned sufficiently to keep up with the pace of the modern game, Gus also needs to tell Baz to chuck his you beaut clipboard with the fancy and tricky Penriff moves in the bin and develope a simplified yet unique gameplan built around the players strengths and talents and finally we need a captain that has the charisma and strength to keep the team focussed through those tough periods of the game. I have been a passionate supporter of the Blue and Whites for over 60 years and I don't intend on wasting all of those years by walking away just because the team is languishing at the bottom due to a decade of poor decisions and mismanagement by previous administrations. Let the team work on who they want to be because as supporters we are now the 'Dogs of War'....... rant over.
You do you and we do us. Neither is right or wrong. Rant over

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What happens if we lose to the Tigpies?
There’s no more pressure on the head coach and the team can now just play footy and start the rebuild again, but with a nice head start this time around knowing we have some quality signings next year in a genuine 9 and genuine edge player.

To answer your question, the accountability now rests with the players, they no longer have a head coach to hide behind their sh!tty performances. It’s now the players turn to feel the heat and for those that can’t handle it, they’re not Bulldogs, next.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Its a fact that every club is in a state of rebuild. Thats how the game works.
However, our rebuild has been going on for a long time and there have been no results.
Even now, the so called rebuild has been ineffective. I know quality players are hard to come by, but wasting money
on other clubs rejects is counter productive. We need to buy proven players.
The TB resignation is a good thing. We now need the assistants to quit as well. They are ineffective.
Good coaches are a scarce commodity. There is probably nobody in Aus that's available, that fits the bill.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
The oldest loyal Kennelers were done by that game and thank goodness that reflected in the action taken by the Club. What we experienced in that game was so shocking, the cracks were split wide open to see that this team needs a full overhaul and the coaching staff are a joke. I do feel sorry for Barrett though - he needs to stay an assistant coach in the game - he does not know how to be direct with players around their bullshit performances.
I've been on this site since 2003. I had only 1000 posts till now. 300 since Friday. Never been more pissed off in my life. Pay I understood. No cattle it was what it was. But Barrett had no excuses for making the team go worse.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My son is 30 now and we used to watch the game together from when he was a kid and he grew up a mad Bulldog supporter like his old man now we ring each other after the game to analyze the match and lately he's been saying to me " Dad couldn't you have followed another team ?" and I have to explain In my Italian accent - " Whena I wasa you age we wasa da Besta " now I'm starting to think his right, I never thought I 'd ever say this but after tonight - I'm done to,
maybe buy him a carton of beer after each loss so he can drink his sorrows away as an apology for your poor choice :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
The rest of this season is a mute point win lose or draw, now it’s just about blooding youngsters from Reggie’s and seeing what we’ve got for 23
It's more than that. You can't just blood players, you need to blood them the right way. Creedance on the wing so he doesn't just kill his confidence at Fullback. BBO to get 15 mins before half time and 15 mins after. Pushing the fitness levels up even if that means losing the next 4 games cause the players are spent. What we want to see by the end of this season is a basic stripped back gameplan that can be built on in the offseason, with fitness levels that are comparable to the best teams. More work on both gameplan and fitness can be done in the offseason. But really we need to treat the rest of the season as one.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It's more than that. You can't just blood players, you need to blood them the right way. Creedance on the wing so he doesn't just kill his confidence at Fullback. BBO to get 15 mins before half time and 15 mins after. Pushing the fitness levels up even if that means losing the next 4 games cause the players are spent. What we want to see by the end of this season is a basic stripped back gameplan that can be built on in the offseason, with fitness levels that are comparable to the best teams. More work on both gameplan and fitness can be done in the offseason. But really we need to treat the rest of the season as one.
Yeah I am not saying we don’t compete, And I never suggested blooding player’s for the sake of it, Gus will have a game plan and it will be a simple one, but it will be around seeing who will make the step into first grade next year and how they will fit in around the players we have and the players that are coming, the results for the rest of this year will mean nothing in the overall scheme of thing’s.