I’d be mad to reject superstar role: Mbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Good on him and good to see moves like this that would only be talked about as a never happen thing back when Hasler was in charge. Give it a crack attitude I'm digging.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hope he does well but he sounds like a big head lol. Seriously I haven't heard a player talk about playing a position like that. I'm sure he said similar things about being half too.
All I know when it come to Mbye is that he has he has promised the world but delivered an atlas..

Time to perform big time or he needs to be cut loose..

That said as ive previosly posted for well over a year I really think his physical attributes and skill set are most suited to fullback

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Moses has turned Darius Boyd inside out before. Also mowed down Watene-Zelezniak who had a head start.

But Moses hasn't had much of a chance to put on footwork as he's often in field in the halves. So he setup more tries than he scored.

At fullback I think it'll be very interesting as he'll be able to read defence before injecting himself literally anywhere on the field. He backs up quite often too.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think people are putting too much thought into this move lol. Moses basically played a fullback like role in 2016 and had plenty of try involvements, nobody would of complained at the time if he had the 1 on his back instead of 7 with that output. Just imagine 2016 Moses but with the freedom to play across the park and sniff around for potential offloads.

The only thing to worry about is him handling the defensive side of the role and having the fitness and confidence to execute the right plays. It's going to take him a while to manage all that, Tommy Trbo still struggles with that even though he's a fullback prodigy.

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Watch this

Now consider that Mbye is faster, has better footwork, is better defensively, and a similar size.

I sense 2018 will see the return of some classy long range tries.
Mbye isn't faster or has better footwork than Barba!

He is a better footballer and defender, and will be a success at Fullback. I don't think the high ball or his D will as much of a problem as positioning in general play to stop kicks finding the grass.

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think people are putting too much thought into this move lol. Moses basically played a fullback like role in 2016 and had plenty of try involvements, nobody would of complained at the time if he had the 1 on his back instead of 7 with that output. Just imagine 2016 Moses but with the freedom to play across the park and sniff around for potential offloads.

The only thing to worry about is him handling the defensive side of the role and having the fitness and confidence to execute the right plays. It's going to take him a while to manage all that, Tommy Trbo still struggles with that even though he's a fullback prodigy.
How did Mbye play a fullback type role in 2016?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
How did Mbye play a fullback type role in 2016?
A lot of his plays were him sweeping around the left edge and linking up directly with a centre or winger similar to fullback link up play in todays game. He didn't utilise forwards as much as other havles down to our style of play and the role Hasler wanted him to play. Heres a link with some of his highlights from that year.

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
I seriously hope I am made to eat my words this season but I have this uneasy feeling that Moses is always going to promise so much and deliver very little. Just like Ben Roberts of whom he reminds me so much.

For those comparing him to Barba, just remember Barba in 2012 was easily the best player in the game. Not even all time greats like JT, Smith, Slater, Cronk, Inglis could get near him. If Mbye wins the Dally M then it’s a fair comparison.

As I said, I hope he gets me to eat my words but I am far from convinced he will.

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score

How exactly does Tommy Turbo struggle with these aspects of the game? You can’t be serious.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
How exactly does Tommy Turbo struggle with these aspects of the game? You can’t be serious.
He struggles defensively, positionally he gets caught out at times and he isn't the best a killing off grubbers. His confidence also dips throughout games and he's prone to making errors because of it.

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
He struggles defensively, positionally he gets caught out at times and he isn't the best a killing off grubbers. His confidence also dips throughout games and he's prone to making errors because of it.
Yeah, ok. Whatever...

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Didn't moses chase down James Roberts a couple of seasons ago vs gold coast?

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Hope he kills at FB, i think he is going to go pretty well there, he has super fast acceleration and is really good on his feet. All of the good plays i have seen from him since he has been at the dogs, is always when he was running the ball and not trying to be an organiser or kick the darn ball, so i think FB will suit him. I guess the only question mark is how he goes with the defensive positional stuff and under the high ball etc, hope he is given time to learn that part of it, most of that just comes with experience.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
High ball and positional play are his weakness
The rest he should have no problems with

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
what's with the bandage on his knee? just a clean out or did he have some work done?

A

Alexander the Great

Didn't moses chase down James Roberts a couple of seasons ago vs gold coast?
fuck if that's the case thats pretty impressive. the jet is quick as fuck.

when was the last time dogs kicked early behind defence early in the count for a speedster to have a crack and chase it down before the defence gets to it..

i seriously cant remember.....

Janice

Kennel Established
Reaction score
My son was talking to David Klemmer on the weekend and Klemmer said Mybe is going to be a superstar at fullback.

Status
Not open for further replies.